1. TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.

Sensible Precautions Whilst Using Aas

Discussion in 'Anabolic Steroids & Prohormones' started by huntingground, Nov 29, 2017.

1. huntingground

huntingground Pencillus Maximus Competitor

Sensible Precautions Whilst Using AAS

After reading the Dallas MacCarver autopsy, it got me thinking : how do we keep safe whilst using AAS? Now I know there are no guarantees here and risks are implicit and we accept that but the idea, as always, is to minimise risk. Dosages are individual so I haven’t mentioned them but I’m sure we can come up with a sensible list here.
    • Sort ECG (BUPA £100) or an Echo if possible. Check family history for heart disease or associated issues.
    • Regular blood tests (this is decent : https://www.medichecks.com/health-checks/well-man-check). Once a year at least. Act immediately on out of range values.
    • If B&C, cruise for decent amount of time. If PCT, then decent time off.
    • Give blood every 3 months.
    • Keep BF% down.
    • Take AI.
    • Swerve stims/T3/Clen etc.
    • Keep alcohol, smoking and recreational drugs down to low levels or cut out completely if you can.
    • Drink plenty of water.
    • Test is best : stick to test where possible, of course, other compounds can and will be run in run up to comp/show.
    • Cardio (thanks to Pooley).
    • Check BP religiously. Take action to any adverse results. (Thanks to SunnyD).
    Have I missed anything? Disagree with anything? Ideas and thoughts……..

One for @Max : always wear a nodder when shagging men’s ringgpieces :D Even though we know it’s not gay, there are risks involved.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017

2. TBLifter

TBLifter Top Contributor

Blood tests when your blasting/on so you can see what your body’s reacting to negatively in terms of compounds and liver values

huntingground likes this.
  3. pooley1810

pooley1810 Top Contributor

All good advice I’d say
    I’d add to that some sort of cv exercise. Staying fit and getting the heart rate up naturally can make a big difference in being healthy(er). Improved cholesterol, BP etc

4. huntingground

Something I have never done. I always get blood tests at year end after a clearcut and they come back fine. Something I am interested in but need some real-life experience from someone.......I like to post from real-life experience, not from theory :)

I did consider cardio but I know Aaron Hudson, Dig and others get very lean by not doing any. I suppose lean does not necessarily equate to fit so it's in. I'll update OP.

pooley1810 likes this.
  5. Getbig25

Getbig25 Top Contributor

IMO bloods should be done before and after every cycle

Dan94 and huntingground like this.
  6. Getbig25

Getbig25 Top Contributor

I know it’s for when using AAS. But even diet plays a major role

Dan94 and huntingground like this.
  7. huntingground

I don’t have cycles. I B&C.

Anyhow, I do state regular blood tests.

8. huntingground

Keeping BF% low and all markers in range would be indicative of this surely? If not, explain why? Are there other factors I am not considering?

9. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

Take a well dosed support supplement:

Hibiscus - bp
    CoQ10 - heart health
    TUDCA - liver health
    NAC - liver health
    Hawthorn - heart
    Dandelion - water retention
    Vit c and d - overall well being
    Multi - as above
    Berberine - blood sugar
    Digestive enzymes - to help with all the calories

Get a BP monitor. Check daily, weekly etc till you establish a healthy baseline.

10. Getbig25

Getbig25 Top Contributor

Bit defensive mate. A lot of folk put on BF while on cycle, especially if bulking.

As for bloods before and after cycle. I stand by what I say. Before cycle can be in your cruising phase. I guess I should of said before blasting :)

11. Sciatic

Sciatic My mood is a state of my mind. Full Member

That's all fine and I suppose good advice..But, if we divulge and 'already' know the risks of the so called forbidden fruit(s)..Who really then should venture?...I accept my ending no mater how it comes...Self inflicted? then, Fuck! I messed up but only have myself to blame. Natural?...Fair game. I think we over analyse shit when a fellow bodybuilder dies...Just saying.

actin and huntingground like this.
  12. huntingground

I don’t believe in any of those supps . To be fair, I haven’t used most of them. I take multivit but a decent diet should sort that. Anyway, most are general health and not related directly to AAS.

How could I forget my trusty Omron M6. It’s in immediately.

Sciatic and Sjundea like this.
  13. huntingground

So what do you suggest? Do fook all? Just bang in 2g Test and 1g Tren a week. No thanks.

Sjundea likes this.
  14. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

TUDCA for orals in my opinion.
    Hibiscus to keep BP down as a natural ace inhibitor.
    But Def add the omron. They're good bits of kit.

15. huntingground

Certainly didn’t mean to come across defensive, enjoy the discussion.

Sure, I have regular blood tests listed. How ‘regular’ is up to the user I suppose. I do once yearly, lots do none, but everybody should partake