Shawn Rhoden Died

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by Golden, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Golden

Golden Full Member

Seen a thread saying Shawn Rhoden has passed away. Feels like there’s been a lot of relatively young well known bodybuilders died of recent

2. Aleksandr

Aleksandr Full Member

R.I.P
    He was amazing physic and conditions also. Very sad.

3. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

Dropping like flies aren’t they

Might have to rethink that tren cycle I was planning

Greedy Ben and pooley1810 like this.
  4. Mr mac

Mr mac TM Health & Safety officer Top Contributor

I wonder if this is more than bodybuilding related. Guys had a bad time of it last couple of years.

5. Mr mac

Oh most saying heart attack. What I find strange is that other than the very odd one you don’t hear of many strongmen having this. These guys are obviously assisted and eat huge calories daily. I wonder if the difference is the amount of conditioning that strongmen do from event work or they don’t use the cocktail of drugs bb ers do

Richard Dick likes this.
  6. Sjundea

Sjundea Moderator

Is it the fat burners and diuretics?
    I wonder what is more stressful on the body being huge and eating huge meals or ‘starvation’ to get to contest level body fat %ge?

7. Hillsy

Hillsy Full Member

Good question, you'd think it would be other way around with strongmen with the heart attacks, like you said the amount of kcls they consume daily for the lifts they do plus the fat gain which comes from excessive kcls and the strain on the body to shift the weight they do insane, they also hammer the gear to stupid amounts too.

It is abit weird.

Mr mac likes this.
  8. Mr mac

But regarding rhoden surely he hasn’t been starve dieting lately as he hasn’t competed for what 3 years?
    My mates dad is mid 70s and 20 stone. He’s been 20 odd stone fat for as long as I can remember. At least 30 years and probably a lot longer. By all accounts he does no exercise and eats pretty shite. Logic would say he should have dropped years back.

9. Mr mac

Like Brian shaw now in his 40s still making videos about eating 8-10k cals a day. He must still be 30 stone and has been for years. Technically the same as basketball players. Their huge. I wonder if their genetics dictate they were always going to be huge. Bodybuilders on the other hand push the envelope to keep moving weight class when genetically they were never destined to be anything like size?

Hillsy likes this.
  10. Hillsy

Hillsy Full Member

Exactly. When you think of it, strongmen do the same to get to world class too, they keep pushing the kcls, drugs and the lifting to be the best, same as body builders.

I don't think any human being is genetically ment to be eating 10k klcs a day either, no human is ment to be fat which equals health issues, no human is ment to be a muscle monster either which entails health issues as we can see. Once you go past your genetic limit it seems to cause issues. This is why I don't understand how strongmen don't suffer like bodybuilders too.

My mind is baffled. You imagine the plaque in a body builders arteries compared to a strongman who carries 20+ body fat on top of the drugs consumed too. Doesn't make sense to me

11. Sjundea

Sjundea Moderator

I get that, what I mean is what lasting damage has the constant yo-yo in weight done previously?

Mr mac likes this.
  12. RS86

RS86 Top Contributor

Jesse Marunde, Mike Jenkins, Jon Pall, Dominic Filiou, OD Wilson, Doyle Kenady, Johnny Perry were all heart attack. Not on the scale of BBing, but there's been a few over the years

Mr mac and Greedy Ben like this.
  13. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

How long was he 'big' for?
    Being that big is tough on the heart whether its muscle or fat.

14. NoPain

NoPain Full Member

They aren't known for cardio health or fitnesss strongmen actually do a fair bit of a heart workout training.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  15. Richard Dick

Richard Dick Top Contributor

Yes, it's interesting. You would assume based on that that it's something to do with cutting, the drugs and the process itself maybe, but then you don't have the same deaths in classic either (that I'm aware of).