Skinny Fat - Cut Or Recomp?

16 yr old male weighing 120 pounds, I believe I am skinny fat and so should I cut while practising form then recomp then bulk or can I recomp now? (Cut would be 1400 calories and recomp 1800)

Attachments

• IMG_20220722_220413_007~2.jpg
    IMG_20220722_220413_007~2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 195
You are not fat. Get your diet and training right and you can grow loads :lift:

you don't have the muscle tissue to cut just train hard and heavy eat a lot of good clean food and allow your body to grow

forget about cutting
forget about recomping
eat around 2000 cals a day of good food.
workout around a basic program aiming to get stronger, you'll add muscle as part of the process.
your body is gonner respond fantastically well right now to stimulus and good food, don't fuck that up trying to cut or recomp fat you haven't got.
Go grow some muscle.

Thanks guys will do! Bearing in mind that picture is not me breathing out so my stomach may look smaller, I'll post an update at Christmas, cya then :)

You are 16, go get strong and make your parents buy you extra meat/rice/potatos/eggs etc

Look up Stronglifts 5x5
Do that 3-4 times a week and some isolation work after for arms or shoulders etc.

Track your food intake
Be consistent with your diet if it helps - eat the same thing every day it makes it easier to gauge what does what

Get 8hrs sleep a night

You'll be flying along in no time.

You are 16, go get strong and make your parents buy you extra meat/rice/potatos/eggs etc

Look up Stronglifts 5x5
Do that 3-4 times a week and some isolation work after for arms or shoulders etc.

Track your food intake
Be consistent with your diet if it helps - eat the same thing every day it makes it easier to gauge what does what

Get 8hrs sleep a night

You'll be flying along in no time.

if only we could all be 16 again and someone drilled this into us.

as my dad used to say, youth is wasted on the young....

Yep keep it as simple as you can

Get strong at the compounds. Have a structure to it, ie StrongLifts or Madcow or the millions of others out there.

Train 3 times a week max 4

Recover well be eating good clean calories, eat lots of it too. Sleep like a baby for as long as you can. Even have a afternoon nap if you can

Back