Smolov - Tm Test

I was listening to an interview with a strength coach and he was saying there is no "Smolov" program as all of his programs are made individually.
That said give me a run down of what you will do.
Yep. There's no magic formula of reps and sets

A lot of knowledgable coaches like CWS and Norton say basically that the gainz are down to tripling or quadrupling your volume

That's it

Next week

I will bang up the program over this weekend
I'm out in that case since 6 weeks til comp lol.

May have to copy you once April is done and dusted as definitely think it's something I would benefit from though with my good deadlift, decent bench and diabolical squat :)

Only ever done the first 3 weeks, the base mesocycle. Back when I was researching it, probably like 7 years ago now, I remember reading that a lot of people recommend just hitting the first 3 weeks rather than the whole thing

Went from 140 for 2 to 180 for 1 which I was very happy with for 3 weeks work.

Only ever done the first 3 weeks, the base mesocycle. Back when I was researching it, probably like 7 years ago now, I remember reading that a lot of people recommend just hitting the first 3 weeks rather than the whole thing

Went from 140 for 2 to 180 for 1 which I was very happy with for 3 weeks work.

That's the "smolov jr" cycle that most have done

Decent progress!

How did you find it? What results did you get from it?

It was hard fucking work. Going in doing 10 doubles when you're already beat up takes a big glass of mtfu sometimes, but I put, from memory, 30kg on my squat and it was a lot more solid than previous 1rm, about 20kg on my deadlift and my legs out a good inch or two on. So as far as results go, it worked. But that amount of volume and frequency always is!

It was hard fucking work. Going in doing 10 doubles when you're already beat up takes a big glass of mtfu sometimes, but I put, from memory, 30kg on my squat and it was a lot more solid than previous 1rm, about 20kg on my deadlift and my legs out a good inch or two on. So as far as results go, it worked. But that amount of volume and frequency always is!
Do you need to up calories for that kind of training?

Back