1. While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.

So Much Pain On The Walk Home....

Discussion in 'Injuries, Health & Personal Care' started by reeceindie, Nov 7, 2018.

1. reeceindie

reeceindie

No, there's no correlation between the intensity of pain and any supplementation, I assure you I always look out for any sides and will soon fuck anything off and try something else, if there's any hint of effects, this happens with and without. Sometimes it's worse than other days, often towards the end of the week, but even then it can come at any time, I really wish I could pin point the factor that sets this off.

2. reeceindie

reeceindie

yes, when I googled this years ago, shin splints would always come up, and this would always seem to be on runners furums where the advice wasn't really applicable, hence why I'm trying a BB forum, just in case I'm over looking something relative to my training. I should have said I'm over 6ft2" and naturally skinny, hence why I wondered if there was a connection with the amount of weight I've gained, like yourself I was under 90kg and now about 120+kg on a good cycle, but, as I said, there are bigger gainers than me , I just wondered if my naturally skinny wrists/ankles had anything to do with it.
    As for the medical feedback, it seems to be just throwing painkillers at the problem, which I'm not a big fan of, and that time I was on anti-biotics, while the physio has just given me the 'basic' stretches and moves (ankle rotation, stretching the calves and achiles heel, ect)

3. reeceindie

reeceindie

Yes! It's that 'clomping' feeling, that sounds like what I'm talking about, and it's makes my teeth grind. But, as I said, it's not pain 'for days' as I'm fine when I get home and rest for a few mins.

4. reeceindie

reeceindie

When I set off, I'm fine, though on some days, usually after back, I might be a bit 'tight' and achy, which goes when I start training, when I get home I'm fine after I've put my feet up, or just sat down, as for the off days, it's a bit of a gamble, some days just achy legs -like I'm sure everyone here gets- and some days I know I've got to limit it, I know it sounds ambigious, but that's the most frustrating thing about this, I really can't pin point the one factor that sets the pain off.

5. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    It's more a tib anterior pump then than shinsplints. As to why this is happening may be your shoes or gait?

6. reeceindie

reeceindie

This is where I feel it's a bit of a vicious circle as the pain means I walk 'funny' which affects my gait, which in turn exaggerates the pain which means I walk 'funny' and so on....
    What sort of shoes would you recommend, those Sketchers are meant to be like 'walking on air' apparently....

7. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    What are you currently wearing? Do they wear evenly or sqaush one side/wear out a certain part of sole?

8. Raisin

Raisin Full Member

Might be worth getting your gait measured. If its something as simple as ill fitting shoes its an easy fix.

9. reeceindie

reeceindie

I've tried those fancy insoles..... and I've tried wearing my gym shoes home , thinking that I'm OK at the gym, so maybe it's the shoes, which helps for an extra few minutes, but ultimately can't halt the pain completely. So, do you think it may be my walk, as a result of training? As I've said, on rest days there can be no problem but other rest days I don't want to push it and walk too far.
    Which shoes would you recommend , hopefully affordable. How would I get my gait measured?

10. Raisin

Raisin Full Member

Shops that sell running shoes can measure your gait. Proper running shops not JD Sports. Prob best to google to find where does it near you.

reeceindie likes this.
  11. noel

noel Top Contributor

your physio must be shit if he didn't look at this and suggest proper shoes... pain when walking...looks at you and doesn't even ask about footwear? or ask to see you walk etc..... very odd indeed

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 9:01 AM