Stephen9069 - Garage Stength Journal

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Stephen9069, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Sorry to hear that, it's a fucking pisstake though, I hope your looking into a claim! I take it you've not been able to work with post op?

2. Stephen9069

Stephen9069 Full Member

I was back at work for 2 weeks i didnt really have a choice as im self employed i couldnt afford any more time off.

Theres only 2 weeks left of work before we break up for xmas but not sure if ill be back before then now because of this.

3. Greedy Ben

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Losing any money because of someones incompetance is bad enough but at Christmas time aswell right when you don't need it!
    Hats off for keeping calm!

4. Stephen9069

Stephen9069 Full Member

I was lucky we got the kids presents and my PS4 sorted a couple weeks a go lol its just keeping the bills covered and being skint for a couple weeks but hopefully this will be the last of it.

RS86 and Greedy Ben like this.
  5. Stephen9069

Stephen9069 Full Member

20161210_091626-1.jpg

Another 24 hours to go and already bored, the foods not to bad but the portions are so small iv got my lass bringing in a feast this afternoon as i cant eat after 9 tonight.

JB and RACK like this.
  6. Stephen9069

Stephen9069 Full Member

KNEE UPDATE:

So not long out of theatre and had a vac dressing fitted to my knee. Basically its a dressing that has a small pump attached that sucks all the air and any build up of crap out of it. Fingers crossed i get to go home tomorrow.

20161211_181434.jpg

7. Stephen9069

Stephen9069 Full Member

8. Stephen9069

Stephen9069 Full Member

KNEE UPDATE:

So seen the doc again today there going to let me go home thankfully, ill be on high dose antibiotics for another 10 days or so and ill be back up to the hospital on the 22nd.

I wont be back to work now until January and i think the same will apply with training iv got the joy of being back on crutches for the time being.

RACK, RS86 and Greedy Ben like this.
  9. Greedy Ben

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Hopefully this time it's sorted mate!

Stephen9069 likes this.
  10. RS86

RS86 Top Contributor

Unreal eh. Especially as it means you can't work and the government will do fuck all to help you out since your self employed.

How is the pain? Hopefully the clean up and antibiotics do the trick this time.

Stephen9069 likes this.
  11. Stephen9069

Stephen9069 Full Member

Definitely a lot more pain this time round but i think thats to be expected after 3 ops in 5 weeks.

Financially its been a hard kick in the nuts but we have been lucky enough to get the kids xmas presents early.

RS86 likes this.
  12. Stephen9069

Stephen9069 Full Member

Hopefully mate they gave it another clean out and put a lot of stitches in it this time so i cant move it anywere near like before so i reckon that should help the healing a lot more.

Greedy Ben likes this.
  13. Stephen9069

Stephen9069 Full Member

KNEE UPDATE:

So back to the hospital today for a check up.

The wound is healing nicely but i have to keep the vac dressing on until its time to get my stitches out.

My stitches will be getting taken out next week hopefully Tuesday then im back to the hospital on Thursday.

20161222_153450.jpg

RACK, RS86 and Greedy Ben like this.
  14. RS86

RS86 Top Contributor

Guessing it will take a bit of time for the swelling to ease off. Glad to hear it is healing well

Stephen9069 likes this.
  15. Stephen9069

Stephen9069 Full Member

The swelling is a lot less that it has previously which is a good thing but will be a couple of weeks still.

The 2 big knots in the top are keeping the skin pulled to my knee so that theres no empty space for any fluid to build up the only problem with that is it doesnt allow the skin to slide naturally over my knee when it bends so range of motion is shocking lol.

RS86 likes this.