Stephen9069 - Garage Strongman Journal

I honestly dont know mate i was doing a warm up set nothing more than 80kg and as i went down i got a sharp pain shoot right through my knee just under my knee cap it felt like someone had stabbed it up and through the center into my joint. By the time i got home it was like this.
View attachment 43551
I shudder every time I see this. Crazy swelling! Wonder if its somehow related to you fitting carpets?

I honestly dont know mate i was doing a warm up set nothing more than 80kg and as i went down i got a sharp pain shoot right through my knee just under my knee cap it felt like someone had stabbed it up and through the center into my joint. By the time i got home it was like this.
View attachment 43551

Ah ok, I remember it being all swollen up, just wondered if you nailed it down to any one thing.

Mine was just 'tendonitis' another umbrella term. Last time I hurt mine was doing OH squats so they are out as well as lunges which I hurt it on before.
I'm wary of doing anything other than squats really!

I shudder every time I see this. Crazy swelling! Wonder if its somehow related to you fitting carpets?

lol it didnt help that i had to keep working with it over the christmas period which just happens to be the busiest time of the year for me

Ah ok, I remember it being all swollen up, just wondered if you nailed it down to any one thing.

Mine was just 'tendonitis' another umbrella term. Last time I hurt mine was doing OH squats so they are out as well as lunges which I hurt it on before.
I'm wary of doing anything other than squats really!

I agree mate i sort of stick with the basics now squat and leg press that way theres less risk or so they say lol.

Fingers crossed it will hold up now just got to build my shoulder / bicep back up

THURSDAY - 21.01.2016

DEADLIFT

60kg x 5
100kg x 5
140kg x 3
180kg x 3

POWER CLEAN & PUSH PRESS

60kg x 3
70kg x 3
80kg x 3
90kg x 2

ONE ARM KETTLE BELL ROWS

32kg x 8
32kg x 8
32kg x 8
32kg x 8

CROSS BODY DUMBELL HAMMER CURL

17.5kg x 8
17.5kg x 8
17.5kg x 8
17.5kg x 8

THURSDAY - 21.01.2016

DEADLIFT

60kg x 5
100kg x 5
140kg x 3
180kg x 3

POWER CLEAN & PUSH PRESS

60kg x 3
70kg x 3
80kg x 3
90kg x 2

ONE ARM KETTLE BELL ROWS

32kg x 8
32kg x 8
32kg x 8
32kg x 8

CROSS BODY DUMBELL HAMMER CURL

17.5kg x 8
17.5kg x 8
17.5kg x 8
17.5kg x 8

Another good session!

The 180 looked fairly comfy I thought. Got a bit more in there. Knee ok again?

Yeah felt good mate i know iv got 240kg there but its not the best looking rep lol.

The knee is feeling good actually theres still a small bit of swelling but i doubt its going to ever go back to normal size now.

i seemed to have hit that wall im struggling so bad with motivation not one part of me wants to lift at the minute.
I had the option to be in the gym about 3:30 today and i just sacked it off so im not sure whats going to happen at the minute.

Make a point of going tomorrow bud, even just for a light session. Once the endorphins are flowing you will be feeling it.

How about setting yourself a challenge so you have something to work to? Enter a comp or something?

Make a point of going tomorrow bud, even just for a light session. Once the endorphins are flowing you will be feeling it.

How about setting yourself a challenge so you have something to work to? Enter a comp or something?

Yeah i know i need to really get back to it im a bit up and down with it one minute i want to get back to strongman then the next i have no desire to even train.

Comp wise i cant really enter a novice id have to go inters or opens and i wouldnt be ready for that.

Back