1. Click here to see our list of sponsors. If you decide to use one of the companies listed, please support TMuscle by clicking on one of the links provided.

Steroids And Diabetes

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by justin jones, Sep 13, 2018.

1. justin jones

justin jones

Hi guys what are the risks of Anabolic steroids with type 2 diabetes (diabetes is under control with medication), thank you

2. huntingground

huntingground Pencillus Maximus Competitor

I have seen studies stating that it is beneficial. Please don't take my word as gospel, search pubmed.

justin jones likes this.
  3. Thaiguy

Thaiguy

i have been on Test E 250mg twice a week for about 6 weeks with good diet, good sleep, working hard one body part a daymorning routine takes 2 day lift 1 day off 3 days lift 1 day off free style lifting. gains are awesome life feels awesome and my type 2 diabetes is ding well at daily check 1 hour after eating lunch my carb meal blood pressure is good. i would like to do three days cardio and i know it would bring my diabetes to even better numbers.

justin jones and huntingground like this.
  4. JANIKvonD

JANIKvonD JandirTheJandirHandler Top Contributor

most steroid users would LOVE to be diagnosed with type 2 :lol: free slin for life

I use insulin to increase muscle mass when on gear. you will gain fat easier, but if you've got your diet nailed & can control fat gain (which I imagine you are already conscious of if you're type 2), then you're laughing

justin jones and Fatbrah like this.
  5. JB

JB KFC Sponsored Athlete Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    One of my work colleagues is diabetic and on a insulin pump I’m pretty sure he get prescription test

justin jones likes this.
  6. huntingground

huntingground Pencillus Maximus Competitor

There are studies showing increasing test can help with Diabetes.

justin jones likes this.
  7. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor

OK, there seems some confusion between type 1 and type 2. depends on your meds. I'm type 1 on insulin and contrary to a remark on here there is absolutely no way I can use it for growth. Easy water weight and smooth appearance yay its a winner but quality muscle growth not a chance without the potential to mess up in a big way. (different if you do not have diabetes) First off the main thing is as you have said get those Blood sugar numbers under control and keep a good hbA1c (around 40)
    Simply test more often for a while when you start anything new. you will see if it's affecting your numbers and at what interval and can adjust meds appropriately.
    Saw an old Video of Dr Crysler a few days ago that stated he would put every type 2 in usa on testosterone therapy. It will reduce body fat percentages and therefore reduce insulin resistance consequently lowering drug requirements.
    Be aware of potential hypos if you are on GDA's etc as you increase your muscle mass and lower BF. The effect can be dramatic and quick reductions of drugs are often needed. Lastly, do not be tempted into the GH usage. It dramatically increases insulin resistance in any diabetic.

justin jones and huntingground like this.
  8. Simon

Simon Administrator

Welcome to the forum Kevin :thumb:

Kevin Taylor likes this.