Stevie909 - Con's 2016 Challenge

Discussion in 'Con's 2016 Challenge: Sponsored by Protein Dynamix' started by Stevie909, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

OHP on Friday, can't remember numbers but hit everything I planned to with a single on 65kg which was still not bad, but pain in hand got the better of me.

Finished with some raises for front and side Delts with machine rear delt flies. I need to do more accessory work to help lifts and for a bit more calorie expenditure as weight is creeping up a bit.

Squats today now into a deload week. It's too tempting to whack up the weight, I had to remind myself not to but all in all a good workout.

60kg x 5
    80kg x 5
    100kg x 3

Pause squats
    100kg x 3
    120kg x 3

Front squats
    60kg x 6
    80kg x 5
    Wasn't feeling too comfy doing these.

Sissy squat
    BW 3 x 10
    These were quite hard, will be keeping them in tho. Had what I thought were back pumps same as when I deadlift but I think it's down to a weak lower back in all honesty.

Hamstring curl
    37kg x 10
    45kg x 10
    50-something x 10

Done. Was going to do hyper extensions for back but didn't want to aggravate my back any more and risk not being able to drive home.

Will see how the rest of the week goes as my hand is in agony. I would go to the docs but it could take a long time to get referred so a trip to minor injuries may be quicker. It doesn't affect my squatting or deadlifting which are the lifts I'm most concerned about atm, but still a bit of a nuisance, maybe the deload will help. All started doing dips a few weeks ago so not doing those again.

I'm going to stick the 'powerlifting' out now, might not always be 5/3/1 but target lifts for the end of the year are:

Squat 200kg (last week squatted my previous 1rm at 90% all out so heading in right direction)

Deadlift - 220kg (previous PR is 200kg)
    Bench - 160kg (previous PR is 140kg)
    OHP - don't really care. 100kg Maybe?

2. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Took the week off the gym. Deload week anyway plus works been busier and had things to catch up with plus had to let my hand heal a bit and so far pain free. Next cycle of 5/3/1 starts, keeping same 1rms this time around but using true 90%, big difference. Also putting a little bit cardio in post workout to start as my conditioning is poor. Left my bag in other car so no sleeves or belt, used gym belt which isn't as rigid and I don't like it.

Squats earlier
    67.5kg x 5
    85kg x 5
    102.5kg x 3
    110kg x 5
    127 x 5
    145kg x 5

Front squats
    40kg x 10
    50kg x 10

10 mins cardio to finish. Should have done more overall but gym was roasting and I was blowing out my backside. Going to add some t3 in to help shift some timber next week, and try get fitness up.

3. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Bench yesterday

52.5kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    77.5kg x 3

85kg x 5
    97.5kg x 5
    110kg x 5

Incline Db fly
    14kg x 10
    16kg x 10

Rope tricep ext
    4 x 12

15 mins cardio. Bit of doms today, joints are a bit achy. T3 in at 25mcg on top of other bits. Rest today, deadlifts tomorrow. Hopefully back behaves itself, plenty foam rolling etc to loosen up

4. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

change of plans. After holiday in Amsterdam, weighed in an weights shot up to 18st. After all the crap earlier in year realise I've really let it go and my eating has gotten out of hand, always had a hard relationship with food. So doing push pull legs m/w/f with a day of conditioning at weekend. 30 mins am cardio daily, eating clean and tracking everything.

Today was

50mcg t3
    1 x t5
    40 mins am cardio

Few hours later
    Skipping 5 x 45 seconds

Box jumps
    15" 3 x 30 seconds
    24" 2 x 30 seconds

Kettle bell swings
    3 x 45 seconds

Crunches
    3 x 10

500m row

Totally shagged. Will increase over time when fitness comes back. T5 has crushed appetite so will be forcing food down all day no doubt. Dropped most gear as well as I was using it as a crutch for shit diet and training. So doing 200mg test weekly, and may adjust higher or lower depending how I feel.

5. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Push last night. Pain in hand flaring up again so went lighter and changed a few things

Dumbbell shoulder press
    4 x 12

Flat machine press
    4 x 12, 12, 12, 11

Side laterals
    3 x 12

Pec Dec
    3 x 12

Rope tricep
    3 x 12, 12, 7 drop set 5

Sticking at diet and cardio, most of holiday weight has come off, another pound or so would be good this week. Next week things will slow no doubt.

6. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Not much to report really, still plodding away. Last weeks weight loss went from 17st 13 to 17st 1 on Saturday.

This was probably mostly water and was doing cardio ed. had a relaxed weekend food wise with a good few drinks Saturday for mother in laws 50th.

On Monday weighed in at 17st 3 so a 2lb gain isn't bad at all. This morning I'm down to 16st 13 so I've negated all damage done and a bit more. Done zero cardio this week, works been full on and I've needed the sleep in the morning. Still on 50mcg t3 and a small dose of test.

So to do zero cardio and come down about 2lb I'll add it back in next week at 4 x 30mins in the mornings and see how that fares. Also have some dimensions supertrim coming so I'll swap 50mcg t3 for 40mcg t3, 10mg sib, 5mg Yohimbine and see how that effects things.