Stevies Log

Stevie909

Howdy all

Recently lost love for typical BB/PL training, neither of which I made much progress with tbf.

Best lifts were
Bench - 152.5kg
Squat - 182.5kg
Deadlift - 210kg

Ditched gym membership, for garage set up. At heaviest hit 255lb (due to being sedentary and having desk job and eating crap. Had health issues which caused issues with cholesterol and some other bits, so went vegetarian/part vegan and all in range at next test.

Still vegetarian for most part, with one cheat a week which will have meat if I fancy, unless I’m out and there isn’t a chance. Doing for health reasons more than ‘save the animals)Currently sitting at 220lb. Get married 3 weeks to the day so want another few off.

Used tons of peds etc over years (still looked like a potato lol), sometimes to extremes. Sacked that off for the most part. Now on Test booster equivalent to 150mg e10d ish.

Training wise I just make it up as I go along, instead of going for one approach or another, which I get bored of quickly.

TLDR ; was fat, trying to be less fat. Making up training as I go. Veggie as and when poss.

Last edited:
So I use MFP and my Fitbit as a rough guide to input/output. I don’t believe these should be used as gospel but good to get a ballpark idea. The two don’t link as well as I like, eg if you have negative calorie adjustment set up on MFP it disregards exercise logged on Fitbit so you have to put it in manually into MFP and the delete from Fitbit which then pulls it thru from MFP. For being 26 I fkn hate technology.

Today’s training was

Fasted walk (7:53am), 8kg weighted vest on for 53mins for 3.15 miles, for 6k steps. Fitbit reckons about 590kcal.

Had breakfast which atm (everyday)
50g BBW Oats
50kg soy isolate
Kale
Spinach
80g frozen blueberries/strawberries

Then about 10:45 into the dungeon and done a 300-esque workout. I used rest periods and swapped things out coz I’m a pansy and nowhere near fit enough. 60 sec between sets, 90-120 sec between exercises.

Hammer chins - BW 12/6/1.5

60kg deadlift - 25/15/10

Pushups - 38/12

Bench jumps (don’t have a box, after wedding I’m buying one) - 25/15/10

Lying knee raise with 10kg KB suspended above (not flexible for ‘floor wipers) - 50 reps with a few pauses/breaths between but no rest period.

10kg KB Clean and Press - 50 reps (25 per side) again few pauses and breaths.

Ring inverted row (?) knew I wouldn’t have any left in tank for pulls ups - 10/5/5

And that was me wiped. Still dying. Fitbit reckons 296cal, 38 mins.

I’ve given myself 2040kcal as a guide on a daily basis as sometimes I can’t fit training/exercise in as I work 60 hours chained to a desk including commute. Could get up earlier but have an issue with ‘certain meds’ which make sleep like im in a coma. Weekends are when I can fit exercise in. With wedding looming might need to MTFU.

Lunch will be 150g Quorn pieces with 250g bag micro rice. Plan is takeaway later so I’ve made a point of doing plenty exercise. I likely won’t eat again until then so I have ‘technically’ 1952kcal to eat through.

Using 25mcg thyroid-based fat burner which Im a bit suspect of as I’ve used diff brands previously but don’t feel much compared to before. Have some 500mcg methylated pre wo tabs knocking about which I can use as and when.

This mornings weight was 222lb which is frustrating as I got to 219lb a week or so ago. Digestive enzymes are in order in case it’s related to digestion. Would love to be 210lbs / 95kg.

Last edited:
So yesterday according to MFP and Fitbit

11.8k steps (Fitbit) including the ruck.

Had 974kcal over two meals, which including exercise/steps left me with 2490kcal. Saturday usually cheat night so calzone it was.

Today 8kg ruck for 3.5miles, Fitbit reckons 787kcal. Same food as yesterday but added a trek bar as was hungry, 1200kcal) Went out for a roast with family (small portion, not happy) MFP reckons including exercise I have 1826kcal left which will easily cover the meal. Finished up day on 9088 steps give or take. Off tomorrow so will see how battered I feel and take from there. If not training then lots of stretching etc

Still wrapping my head around the Fitbit/MFP.

Monday 28th

Fitbit says

13554 steps = which on MFP which equates to 1099kcal (not including below exercise)

10kg 3.05mile ruck - 09:15am - 51:40mins - 653kcal (5933 steps)

40 mins cutting grass/doing garden bits - 11:24 - 366kcal (2899 steps, Fitbit automatically classed this as exercise?!)

Missus then decided she wanted to walk to new ice cream place (I didn’t have one lol) - 21:14 mins - 1.02miles - 227kcal (1998 steps)

Food (MFP)

• Trek bar pre ruck
  • Shake 50g oats/50g soy iso/30g kale 80g fruit mix
  • 150g Quorn with 250g micro rice
  • 150g Quorn with 250g micro rice, naan bread

Total 2163kcal (not concerned about going over target due to activity today).

What’s fkn annoying is that I’m back upto 224lbs. Stupid body.

Tuesday

Total steps - 4355 - 169kcal

Woke up every hour on the hour last night as no ‘meds’ so absolutely wiped. Throwing myself at it 3 days on the trot didn’t help. Need to keep gym work up as don’t want to sacrifice strength, but keep weighted walking up as I have some plans for that this year.

No additional exercise but calories around 1927kcal which is close enough plus Fitbit’s apparent 155kcal extra. Feel like I’ve had a good kicking so early night on cards.

Wednesday 30th May

Slept for 11 hours, needed it.

Fitbit steps - 7672 - added 695kcal ‘apparantely’

Quickly squeezed in some training tonight. Was gunna do bench press but as I weigh circa 100kg push up seemed more effective.

Pull ups 5 x 5,5,5,5,4 (when I get 5x5 I’ll add reps)
Push ups 5 x 10 (will add weight)
Abs 50 reps
(13mins, 63kcal)

1.5mile 10kg ruck
(26mins, 354kcal)

Total 417kcal thru exercise ‘apparantely’

Food was 2054kcal, again higher than goal but added exercise should help. Got my probiotics so will add in with evening meal and assess. Will weigh in tomorrow and see what’s what.

Thursday

Weight still bang on 224lbs, no movement. How strange, think fat burner is bunk.

Fitbit steps - 5107 - 136kcal added

No training today, work was manic so wiped by time I got back.

Going upto 12kg ruck at weekend. Started mapping out routes for 4 miles, then 5 miles etc then look to start increasing load and distance alternatively. Need to plot out days for that and days to fit in gym work.

Food ended up at 1854kcal, not fussed with it being lower as I’ve been chained to my desk or in car most of day.

Last edited:
Friday 1st

Fitbit steps - 12172 - 1429kcal added

12kg 3.05 mile ‘ruck’ - 708kcal burned

Total food 2530kcal

Decided to add the extra 2kg and will stick with it until I’ve upped to 4 miles, then repeat. If I got home sooner would have went for upping distance over weight. Quite over on food but I knew I was going to up the ante on the ruck so allowed for it.

Probiotic with evening meal seems to be helping digestion, will weigh in tomorrow and see what’s going on.

Saturday

Fitbit - 4005 steps - 0 kcal added

Didn’t weight in as slept in, had to work today so no training, plus feel really beat up, had a 2hr kip on sofa. Updated MFP as it was using macros based on being 219 not 224, so it reckons should be going for around 2400kcal. Think this has buggered Fitbit-MFP step-calorie adjustment. Got 2223kcal today so still technically under.

Sunday 3rd June

Fitbit steps - 13252- 818kcal added

12kg ‘ruck’ - 5.11 miles - 1:28:54 - 1151kcal

was supposed to do 4 miles but totally wasn’t paying attention and took a 5 mile route, wasn’t till about halfway through I realised. So mark has been set higher sooner. Tried wearing my walking boots rather than running shoes. bad idea, feet are sore and blistered to hell so I’ll be taking a few days off till they go down or burst, fit in some gym work in meantime. Legs feel fine tho. Appetite is shot, must remember to weight in at some point.

Total today 2324kcal

Monday 4th

Fitbit steps - 4958

Rested up today as feet were blistered so badly I could barely walk, hobbling about like a fanny.

Total cals - 2151kcal

Tuesday 5th

Fitbit steps - 5616

Total cals - 2408kcal

Feet are better after blisters going down and slapping some antiseptic stuff on. Still a wee bit tender so just some gym work tonight

Chins 6 / 5 / 5 / 3 + 2 with red band / 4 with blue band

Strength taken a big dip on these. Not sure why. Frustrating.

OHP

30kg x 5
35kg x 5
40kg x 5
45kg x 4
45kg x 3
Gutted how weak I am as I used to be quite good at this.

Decline press up 5 x 8

Played about with hand placement to remove stress from elbows (had tendinitis in left, so always cautious)

Dead hangs 3 x 50s / 30s / 30s

Would be easier if I wasn’t a fat ass

Plank 3 x 50s / 30s / 30s

Very humbling, much better in home gym than commercial as nobody to watch me shaking like a shitting dog

Few different things than I’ve done before, really going back to basics. Might get back out rucking tomorrow dependant on feet, get married in 11 days so I’ve been warned not to be hobbling about or be injured.

Wednesday 6th

Fitbit steps - 8205

Calories - don’t know

Nothing happening today, gran had a stroke last night so family all rallied round. Stable for now so can’t complain. Good thing about big hospitals, gets the steps in. Couldn’t track cals as wasn’t prepped as usual, just ate as and when poss, not good food. Back to normal tomorrow. Blisters still tender but healing nicely.

Thursday 7th

Steps - 9350
Calories - 2355kcal

Eased back in with 12kg 3 mile ruck. Was dying to get back out and do something as this is where my focus is atm. Small part of brain was saying “no no we’ll heal completely first”, fuck off.

Plenty plasters on the feet, 3 x 8mg ephedrine and 1 scoop of warrior rage. Funny the big blister is fine but the skins off the wee one on left foot is off, feels sore. Ah well. 9 sleeps till wedding. Woohoo.

Friday 8th

Steps 5535
Kcal 1542 (dunno what happened here, wasn’t until I went to bed I realised)

Mental day at work, got visitors coming to stay for next few weeks so sorting house out took priority. Will get out tomorrow for a ruck. Probiotics are really helping with digestion/assimilation/excretion, increased exercise/output I suspect has a part to play as well, maybe getting the metabolism and/or digestion going.

Last edited:
Saturday 9th

Steps 11213

Kcal 1437kcal (before Pizza Hut...oops)

Got out early, 14kg ruck for 4.18 miles. Felt fine afterwards. Then picked her aunt from airport, flew home from Oz for the wedding and after all running about settled for Pizza Hut. Damage should be minimal as going again tomorrow.

Sunday 10th

Steps 13369

Kcal 2442kcal

Out early again, 14kg for 5.59 miles. Decided to go a bit further just to see how it felt, and considering I’m carrying 14kg extra it felt fine.

Usually listen to podcasts but today went for music (heavy metal) and found it easier to zone out and batter on.

Trying out nutrition strategies pre walk. Yesterday I had the usual 50g oats, 50g soy isolate, fruit and kale with 1 serving of warrior rage. Today had 1.5 servings of rage with 10g MCT powder. Not much difference in terms of performance but I think I feel better with carbs as opposed to fats, as long as I leave plenty time between ‘eating’ and exercise. Post walk had the shake with an extra scoop of soy isolate.

Monday 10th

Steps 2975
Kcal 1947

Not much to report. Mad day at work chained to desk. Fun stuff.

Back