Stevies Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Stevie909, May 26, 2018.

1. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Tuesday 12th

Steps 15250

Kcal 2279kcal

Weighed in, back down to 219lbs, quite happy with that considering not focusing on weight loss but if any more comes off I’ll be happy. Don’t want to look fat in wedding photos.

Curious to see how performance is when lighter. Up to 15kg ruck tonight for 3 miles (time a bit restricted), felt fine. Had company so made time fly by.

zack likes this.

2. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Wednesday 13th

Steps 3983
    1450kcal

Not much to report, last day at work for 2.5 weeks so stuck at desk tidying up loose ends.

zack likes this.
  3. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Thursday 14th June

Steps 16208

Kcal 2506

Up and out first thing, 2 scoops rage and 2 choc hobnobs. 16kg ruck for 5 miles. Bit of a slog on the higher gradients at times but reduced the length of stride and increased frequency which helped. Right Achilles is a bit tender, probably overstretched at some point. Blisters are popping up but I’ll pad them out to avoid irritation.

Busy day today moving stuff to wedding venue so was unsure of when/what I was gunna eat, so post ruck had shake with 100g powder oats, 50g soy isolate, 150g frozen fruit mix. Then 175g Quorn pieces with 250g micro rice. Same stuff but more than usual but output was already high before all the running around. Will get out tomorrow am for probably 4 miles as wedding prep is in full swing, will have to be a 6am job. In typical fashion I’ll probably increase the weight to 17 or 18kg. Max capacity for vest is 20kg so if I get there then the only variable that needs tweaking is distance and I’ve got some routes figured out. Could do some DMAA, that was godly when doing cardio. Crash wasn’t good though.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    zack likes this.
  4. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Friday 15th June

Steps 12504
    Kcal well over what they should be

3.21 mile ruck, 20 kilos which is now upto capacity so mileage is the only variable left to control. Was actually quite easy, body was geared up for much further but just don’t have time. What I do notice with early morning rucks is by the time I get home, have shake and a few vapes I’m dying for the bathroom. As a result I’m much less bloated and I’ve been much more regular which also helps. Losing weight may also help.

2 scoops rage prepped and on bedside cabinet so necked it as soon as was up, also had 10g mct powder in as I wouldn’t have enough time to have carb based shake and let it settle, would have spewed halfway around. 100g oats, 100g soy isolate, 150g fruit mix, and probiotic post ruck.

Pre wedding bbq tonight, Wedding tomorrow, then honeymoon for the week after that so no more rucking and no more updates for a bit. Then it’s game time. Best mates brother in law is a physio so might try book in for a massage on back, feet and Achilles’ tendon when I’m back.

zack likes this.
  5. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Monday 26th June

Steps 10678
    1908kcal

Back from honeymoon in NY, 10lbs heavier lol. Done on average 20k steps each day which apparantely didn’t stop any weight gain, but hopefully mitigated it. While it was good I’m fed up of eating shit food and looking forward to eating clean again. Was a bit jet lagged after flight yesterday, couldn’t get a decent sleep on plane so powered on thru the day, popped a sleeper and turned in at 10:30pm and slept till 11:15am. oops.

Picking up where I left off with a 3 mile 20kg ruck. Had 4 Jaffa cakes before hand with 2 scoops warrior rage, usual shake post. Binned the idea of getting some DMAA as the crash sucks and I prefer struggling and powering through rather than being stimmed off my tits. Only thing that was feeling a bit tender was my right calf, but apart from that it was quite easy and my pace was actually quicker. I do think that it being quite an active holiday was of benefit as I was kept moving and walked loads, plus I don’t drink anymore so that would have helped. If it was a sit down by the pool job I’d be worse off both physically and performance wise.

Few goals/ideas planned so as carry weight is at max now I just need to up distance but I’m in a good position to do so I reckon.

zack likes this.
  6. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Wednesday 27th June

Kcal not sure
    Steps 4520

Write off of a day. Was awake all night, couldn’t turn over, jet lag must be catching up. Caught an hour sleep at 07:30am but had to be up for something. Only had 1 meal until evening time, then went out for tea with family. Poor effort.

Thursday 28th June

952kcal before donner wrap...
    Steps 11108

After yesterday wasn’t taking any chances so half a sleeper and was out for 8.5 hours. need to naturally get back into a sleep pattern.

20kg, 4 mile ruck today. 3 miles was a piece of cake so tested 4 out. 3 Jaffa cakes, 2 scoops warrior rage and 10g MCT pre. Was a bit tougher today. Can definately feel it in my legs tonight. Might either get out again tomorrow, but if not I need a good stretch so will do an hour tomorrow on stretching/foam rolling etc.

Friday 29th

Kcal - who knows
    Steps 3900

4am airport run this morning which screwed me for the day. Squeezed in a good stretching session, something going on in right hamstring area when rolling with the lacrosse ball. Back out tomorrow so hopefully it’ll loosen off.

zack and huntingground like this.
  7. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Saturday 30th June

2730Kcal
    Steps 15863

Weight was 220lbs so 7lbs off, quite happy considering food has been awful. 20kg 4 mile ruck this morning. Knocked 4 mins off last time so 1min per mile less, maybe due to weight loss. Everything feels good.

Sunday 1st

Kcal - lost track
    Steps 2385

Lazed about all day on my last day off before going back to work. Was great.

Monday 2nd

2311kcal
    Steps 11361

Back to strict(ish lol) food, will be sticking to 2500kcal max. Got about 5k steps before getting out. Stuck to 3 miles as it was a long day but felt like I had to get out, must build up endurance if anything. Need to get as much in as I can.

zack likes this.
  8. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Tuesday 3rd

Steps 6008

Rest day. Knee is a bit achy but not bad, Achilles is no longer sore which is a win.

Wednesday 4th

Steps 10354

20kg ruck, 3 miles. Easy enough, just far too hot out.

Thursday 5th

Steps 5283

Rest day, didn’t have time for anything due to work.

Friday 6th

Steps 6056

Haven’t slept much past few days so had zero energy/motivation, thought it better to get an early night with half a sleeper which helped.

zack likes this.
  9. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Sunday 8th

Steps 10823

On a whim I’ve ditched the vest for an actual rucksack (with chest and hip straps for support and to help keep everything tight) so I will actually be ‘rucking’ now. Just lumped all 20kg in and tried to spread the weight evenly. Still plenty room if I wanted to put anything (snacks lol) in it on the longer rucks.

Done 3 miles with it and the barefoots. With the rucksack almost instantly I appreciated how different the weight distribution was as none was on my front. Interestingly enough it pulled me more upright and forced a better posture. As a result I feel zero in my lower-mid back as opposed to the vest, but my traps are on fire and my upper lats have a DOMS like feeling.

Barefoot shoes might have been a bad idea due to distance/weight/both as my feet are really tender and I know I’ve got some meaty blisters on the way. Might need a more gradual transition. I also got insoles with them which may or may not help, but you do lose a lot of the ‘feel’ underfoot. Wasn’t wearing socks either.

zack likes this.
  10. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Monday 9th

Steps 5435

Nothing doing today. Pretty much everything hurts. Feet haven’t blistered at all so far, fingers crossed.

Tuesday 10th

Steps 12832

Surprisingly feet haven’t blistered up despite feeing like they would. Only thing I done was slap some kwang loon oil on them on Sunday. Put 3 miles in again but it was a breeze, so the midweek walks will get upped to 4, and start on 5 this weekend and keep upping it. Feet were a bit tender, had the insoles in so adjusting to those.

zack likes this.
  11. Robbie

Robbie Top Contributor

Are you not lifting any weights?

huntingground likes this.
  12. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Not as of late mate no aside from the session just past, but it’s something I’m going to be getting back to mainly as strength has taken a dive. My problem is I’m very single minded and I throw myself at one thing and let others slip, but now I’ve lost a chunk of weight I’m keen to get back into it, just need to divide my time.

zack likes this.
  13. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Saturday 14th July

Steps 9580

Haven’t done much past few days due to work etc. Back in gym today, will be doing 2 sessions a week to start, try bring strength back up a bit. Will ruck 2-3 times a week as that’s where my priority is atm.

Deadlifts
    60kg x 5
    72.5kg x 5
    87.5kg x 3
    95kg x 5
    110kg x 5
    122.5kg x 10

OHP
    30kg x 5, 35kg x 5, 40kg x 5

Hammer chins
    5, 3
    then swapped to ring rows for last set for 8.

Lying leg raise (tried dragon flags but not there yet. Done reaaaally slow negatives which hurt)
    5, 5, 5

Sunday 5th July

4.5 mile 20kg ruck. This didn’t feel good today. Traps were screaming under the weight. Decided that the barefoot shoes aren’t for rucking in, once again feel a bunch of blisters coming up, I’ll end up with more setbacks than progress.

Ordered a safety squat bar as I’ve had issues with back squats for a while so I’ve been avoiding them. Want all 4 lifts over two sessions, with a couple other bits. Shit knowing it’s back to basics but has to be done.

14. Stevie909

Stevie909 Full Member

Tuesday 17th July.

4.5 mile 20kg ruck. Fun fun. Back to proper trainers and zero discomfort/blistering.

Wednesday 18th July.

SSB Squats
    20kg x 5, 40kg x 5, 55kg x 5

70kg x 5/5/5/5/5

Bench press

20kg x 5, 40kg x 5, 50kg x 3

60kg x 5/5/5/5/5

Giant set(?)
    Chins 5, 5, 3
    Hanging Knee Raise 8, 8, 8
    SSB Good Mornings

20kg x 8, 30kg x 8, 35kg x 8

Being conservative with weight to find feet. SSB was different, first time using. Glad i kept it light to get a feel. Bench was a piece of piss. Giant set was pretty tough going, chins aren’t improving which is annoying. Will mix exercises up in these here and there. Not sure about good mornings.

15. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Whats your goal mate? What do you look like?

Lookin at them weights like 50kg bench wouldnt it be better to focus on them abit or just not intested?

Stevie909 and Robbie like this.