1. Click here to see our list of sponsors. If you decide to use one of the companies listed, please support TMuscle by clicking on one of the links provided.

Sups, Bulk, Advice Please

Discussion in 'Supplements' started by Jamil, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Jamil

Jamil

Good Evening

I wondered if you guys could share your wealth of knowledge with me

So as my new year's resolution, which is now going to start 1st February, I have decided I want to bulk up, I've got to the certain point in my life where I want to recognise a sense of achievement by setting myself a goal

I have made a big investment in a Bowflex Home Gym in which it uses resistance rather than your box standard vinyl weights. I have a very busy job, so this is why I opted for a home gym, please find attached pics - can anyone tell me what exercises would be best to achieve my goal

Also I have invested in a ton of supplements, Whey protein, Creatine, Amino BCAA, Fish oil, Multi Vitamins & Mineral capsules and test booster Zinc

I have a few questions, what's the best way if taking them,mix together, mix with fruit juice, taking them singular, what's best?

Also is there any other sups that I need to invest in? Or any suggestions for better makes, rather than what I have BSN.

Any tips and advice would be beneficial, thank you in advance A1B599AF-F7DC-4B00-AEEA-05C2D1503EAF.jpeg 80B155C0-4DED-4821-936C-0BFCFD02C04C.jpeg

zack likes this.

2. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

Oh wow. Ok.

Regarding home gym. Looks like an expensive piece of kit? Long story short, do more than you did last time. Last pretty much the one and only "secret" to growing muscle. The body adapts to stress. Doing the same thing over and over fails to become stress and your body adapts to be more efficient, so, secret? Do more than you did!

Supplements? They're essentially 1% of it.
    Whey? Use through the day to increase protein intake. Not rocket science.

Bcaas? I found using during a workout was probably the most effective, of there was an effect.

Fish oil, Multi vits and minerals? Matters not. Just take when you fancy.

Zinc? Probably pre bed. Can be quite handy if your deficient

3. Jamil

Jamil

You Sir are a gent, thank you for taking your time to share you knowledge and experience

The gym was on average equivalent to a two year gym membership but you know the rule you buy cheap you buy twice, so I deem it as an investment

Is there any workout plans you can share, that cater for a home gym as I’m struggling to find any on Google, even though this bit of kit is capable of doing 70+

With RE to whey, is best to take pre/post workout?

Can you mix creatine with BCCA? And I read online it absorbs better if mixed with fruit juice, are those claims to be true?

I am not deficient but I was researching that Zinc gives you the boost to lift more or is that marketing BS?

4. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

Not an issue at all.

Can't advise any home gym style workouts, but it's not rocket science when you actually get the basics down,

Do a horizontal pull for ever push (row for every bench type move)
    A vertical pull for every push (lat pulldowns/ pull-ups for every overhead)
    Quads
    Hamstrings
    Calves can be done on legged
    Abbs are easy. (48767383 routines online)

Like I said previously. 'More' is the trick. That could be an extra rep or 2. A little more weight moved. Less rest between sets. It's all progress. And that, without any question, is the one and only secret.

Yeah, creatine and bcaas can be mixed if you want. No detrimental effects with that. Fruit juice? 1% of 1% don't over think it.

Zinc will only really give you a boost if you're deficient. Which most men are unless you're eating significant amounts of red meat. Either way, you have it now so
    May as well use it.

5. Jamil

Jamil

Like you said just need to get the basics down and I’m sure the rest will come naturally

Just at the minute I have all the kit and sups but have no idea where to begin, I mean do I do 1 day on 1 off then continue that through the week or do 4 on 4 off, what’s the best and most beneficial routine?

Can you give me a rough idea what muscle groups to do for one set of workouts?

Fella, sorry for all the questions but I want to get this right and you clearly know what your talking about, I’ve set myself a goal for March 2019

So my current stats roughly weigh in at 181lbs and about 18% body fat and I wish to reach 214.5lbs with about 6% body fat, that’s what the app calculated, is that a realistic goal?

That’s an interesting fact about deficiency I mean I eat steak and that but not excessively, so I may well be

So on reflection, when I go to buy sups beginning of March, what do I need to get, have I over compensated?

What brands are the best all round, any recommendations?

Also I read that mass gainer is a great way to put gains on, however if your not exercising enough it can quickly turn to fat, what’s your thoughts on it?

6. noel

noel Top Contributor

be more helpful to have a photo of you currently
    your training history / diet / age / any AAS use (assuming not)

7. noel

noel Top Contributor

BSN IMO is pretty crap - overpriced ....just my opinion of course - high carb content for a whey etc...but anyway

much better choices out there - save you money and get better quality also
    creatine fine...use that
    BCAA - doubt youll need that intra workout on that home gym
    Vits and Omegas ...yup fine take daily

your actual diet and foods is where its at - alongside training output

8. pooley1810

pooley1810 Top Contributor

Ignore the online calculator, those figures are completely unrealistic. Pro bodybuilders compete at 6% bf and do extreme things to get there. You’re predicting to lose 12% bf and add 2 1/2 stone, it’s not gonna happen
    Concentrate on feeling good mentally and physically, making positive changes to your physique and improving every time you workout.
    You’ll get much more help if you tell us your current and proposed diet and what your physique currently looks like
    Focus on a clean healthy diet rather than supps, whey is a good source of protein but it’s not a magic powder, treat it the same as any other protein source
    The bulk online suppliers are much better quality and value
    Your home gym setup will be ideal to start you off and get you lean and toned but to progress beyond that I think you’ll need to use different equipment

The Cheese, Porky and noel like this.
  9. noel

noel Top Contributor

I missed that ...6% BF ..... at 215lb.... so essentially Flex Lewis or David henry or Hadi Choopan.
    on a home gym, natural , from 18% BF at 181lb..... doable by the summer for sure ...hmm

pooley1810 likes this.
  10. pooley1810

pooley1810 Top Contributor

Where do I sign?

noel likes this.