Terra's Charity Transformation - Tubby To Terminatrix

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Terra, May 2, 2014.

1. Terra

Terra Full Member

Charity: Cats Protection http://bedford.cats.org.uk/

Charity Number: 203644

I have chosen the Cats Protection as my charity of choice as I am an animal lover and because of the fantastic work the volunteers do. They have made every effort to collect stray and injured cats that I have found and money donated pays for food, neutering and crucial vetinary care.

This is Buddy http://bedford.cats.org.uk/bedford/adopt-a-cat/?cid=75497. I found him in a Tesco car park last year, he was incredibly thin and very timid. After being fed by myself and the Tesco staff he became extremely friendly and rather fat! It was soon discovered that he only had half a tail and it was paralyzed. I decided to check if he was neutered (saw a vet do this once and it just involves feeling for balls lol) and unfortunately he wasn't. The Cats Protection collected him as soon as a space was available and he has since been neutered and had an operation on his tail. He is currently with a fosterer awaiting rehoming with a loving family :)

While going to feed Buddy I found another cat, she was even thinner and made the most heartbreaking yowling sounds. A volunteer tried to collect her but she was too timid to catch. It took a while to gain her trust but I managed to get her into a carrier and took her to the vets. The vet had a quick look at her and told me to put her back where I found her, instinct told me that something was wrong so I took her home instead. The first thing she did was jump on my sofa and go to sleep (after I had put my cats out, they are very territorial) so I named her Bliss because she seemed so happy. I juggled cats for 2 day before a fosterer was found and discovered she was a sweet and loving little cat.

Tamsin from the Cats Protection came to collect her and agreed something wasn't right so she was taken to a vet immediately. This vet examined her properly (as he was being paid no doubt) and discovered she had been hit been hit by a car, the internal damage was life threatening. Although the operation was expensive she had a small chance of survival so they asked the vet to attempt to save her. She stayed with a fosterer for a week until the most experienced team of vets could operate. Unfortunately Bliss never woke up from her operation but I will be forever grateful that she had a week of being warm, well fed and loved.

I shall do my best to make great changes to my body and hopefully win the money for my chosen charity.

Bliss when I found her. Bliss.jpg

Beklet, Little Simon, CJ and 4 others like this.

2. Terra

Terra Full Member

The moment of truth has arrived, I'm posting my pics up. This is the worst I have ever looked so finding the courage to post these hasn't been easy. A little info about myself and how I got into this state - I have managed to make minor changes to my body over the last few years but as I have Bipolar Disorder remaining consistent has proven to be a big challenge. Many will know already that the medications used to treat this illness cause weight gain. I have also recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, an autoimmune disease that causes the thyroid to be chronically underactive....which also causes weight gain :wall:

These issues have caused me to put on weight and can make it more difficult to lose. Difficult but not impossible. I will being following a diet and training plan that @Con gave me a couple of years ago, if I can't make significant changes in the next 3 months.....I'm simply not trying hard enough! :D

I feel the need to be brutally honest with myself if I want to turn my life around, I would appreciate the same from others if I start slacking and making excuses. I'm looking forward to a log full of helpful advice and friendly banter :thumb:

I feel a right tit posing like this but hopefully I'll have some visible muscle in my final photos :lol: WP_20140502_014.jpg WP_20140502_017.jpg WP_20140502_015.jpg

WP_20140502_011.jpg WP_20140502_012.jpg

RS, Little Simon, gemc1981 and 8 others like this.
  3. LittleLiam

LittleLiam Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Good luck :)

Terra likes this.
  4. JB

JB KFC Sponsored Athlete Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    All the best with this :)

You've done the hardest part now :)

Terra likes this.
  5. Terra

Terra Full Member

Cheers @LittleLiam and @JB, I'm still feeling a little queasy about people seeing the photos but I'm now super motivated at least! :)

JB likes this.
  6. LittleLiam

LittleLiam Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    No worries.

Don't worry you have a way better starting point than me or @JB :)

Terra and JB like this.
  7. TinyTim

TinyTim Timothy Sprague-Dawley Top Contributor

That's the hardest bit done. :thumb:
    Good luck with this. You will do it.

Terra likes this.
  8. Levstar

Levstar Top Contributor

Good luck Terra!

I know how the bipolar meds can cause huge weight gain, I gained 20kg in a year when I started them initially!!

Got things under control now and only 4kg's off my pre-diagnosis body weight

Consistency and positive mental approach are key to everyone, but especially for people like us!

Posted using TMuscle App

Terra likes this.
  9. Terra

Terra Full Member

@righty Thanks for all your encouragement, it has really helped me develop a positive mental attitude :thumbs: x

@Levstar It's great to have someone on this site who has been through a similar situation, not feeling quite so alone!

I'm wishing you both luck in your own transformations, it feels great to have such lovely guys on my side :hug:

10. Stephy

Stephy Top Contributor

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do well :)

Posted using TMuscle App

Terra and TinyTim like this.
  11. heavymetal

heavymetal

Go get it. First step is the hardest. Feel those aching muscles and love it. Good luck.

12. Tommy6

Tommy6 Top Contributor

Well done.

You can do it.

Posted using TMuscle App

13. smurphy

smurphy Top Contributor

Good luck

14. bulldog

bulldog Top Contributor Top Contributor

@Terra best of luck with your transformation!!

Posted using TMuscle App

15. TinyTim

TinyTim Timothy Sprague-Dawley Top Contributor

You have made a great choice little buddy - choosing to change that which you are not happy with.
    The people on TM will certainly be in your corner with you from here.
    If you need anything, just shout up.

Terra likes this.