The Simple Guide To Bodybuilding. No Science. No Bullshit.

Good post and discussion. I just wanted to add my perspective.

It's different to see so many bodybuilders these days interested in beating the log book. When I first started lifting the only people doing that were Powerlifters. I Powerlifted and competed for 15 years from 2000. So the logbook method for me was essential. I use to use little A5 logbooks and I was pretty much the only one doing that in gyms full of bodybuilders. I explained why I was doing that when asked, it was such a foreign concept to others.

From what I saw of gyms around the Midlands bodybuilders weren't using the logbook in that sense like I was. It was more the approach that Aaron talked about. Training to failure, focusing on full ROM and stretching and contracting the right muscle. If your muscle wasn't fucked by the end of the session you hadn't really trained hard.

What's interesting now is you have a guy like Aaron talking up this approach and it's shot down as only working for genetic superiors or whatever. But everyone was doing that back in the day! No bodybuilder that I knew used the logbook and I knew some monsters around the Midlands and up Liverpool way.

Me personally I'm too banged up to use the logbook as rigorously as I used to and I'm doing much more the style of training Aaron espouses here. I'm confident it'll work because countless bodybuilders I know do the same shit. It's interesting how things come in swings and roundabouts.

Gonna drag this old bad boy up

I think you need to be at a god level of strength before you train just to failure by how you feel

And either way you should always be looking to get stronger whichever way you train

if you reached muscular failure on a given movement at say 100kg
and I reached muscular failure same exercise at 60kg then you'e stronger at that given exercise but muscular failure is muscular failure, your own level of strength development doesn' make your failure more failed than mine.
over time strength would or should... increase but failure is relevant to the individuals capacity not how strong you are.

or am I missing the point ?

if you reached muscular failure on a given movement at say 100kg
and I reached muscular failure same exercise at 60kg then you'e stronger at that given exercise but muscular failure is muscular failure, your own level of strength development doesn' make your failure more failed than mine.
over time strength would or should... increase but failure is relevant to the individuals capacity not how strong you are.

or am I missing the point ?

My point is you get stronger as you go through you’re training career. That’s all

call me Rain man.
I must be full on spaz as I didn't understand any of it, inc what I posted.

Back