Time Of Day & Training Productiveness

Discussion in 'Training Psychology' started by Highland Nutrition, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Highland Nutrition

Highland Nutrition Full Member

for me its just a case of when i can, what with working full time as a chef(i.e. 50+ hours every week) and trying to establish a business. early mornings are when i have hit my biggest numbers though. a heavy meal the night before, full of fats, carbs and protein and then just a light breakfast in the morning before training.

2. doink

doink PhD in Bro Science Top Contributor

First thing nowadays, fasted then bang all my carbs in post workout. Also frees up the rest of the day for other stuff.

Got into a pattern now which I stick to and it works as long as I don't deviate. Means training hungover or still shiters like today but once its done its done.

Currently at the McDonald's drive through.... As you can tell my cut is going great.

TruK, CS86, L3GGYJ and 2 others like this.
  3. Con

Con Moderator

I actually like last thing in the evenings now.
    I work about 12 hours per day and if I train in the morning I feel wrecked all day long.

P.S. I had not looked at your website before but I just did and you're products look great!:thumb:

4. Dig

Dig Mod & Powerlifting Expert Moderator

I alternate between 10am and 3.30pm week to week depending on what hours im working. Used to struggle to train in the mornings, but like anything just get used to it over time. Do prefer training inthe afternoon still though. When i was a lazy student years ago always preffered to train at around 7pm.

5. Kaotik

Kaotik Top Contributor

Depends whether I'm sleeping through the day or night, but have always preferred training at 2-3am when it's cooler and quieter.

6. rick89

rick89 Full Member

I seem better in mornings after 1 meal or fasted but mostly have to do evening with work

L3GGYJ likes this.
  7. JB

JB KFC Sponsored Athlete Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Can only really get to train on a night tbh it can be good and bad
    Good - full day of food etc
    Bad - depending on levels of activity during work day can make me very tired afterwards

8. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Competitor

Train mostly 3.30, before nightshifts and on days off.

Plenty of nutrition in by this time and also gives time to relax and enjoy
    rest of evening when off work.

9. smartin

smartin Top Contributor

For me its early, after 1st meal, nice an hungry after for post meal which means 2meals in before 10.30 and loads of time to get rest of food in. Less distractions and more space too.

10. itsluke

itsluke

Mornings are my best especially after a good night's sleep and on an empty stomach. Late afternoons are okay too when im full of happy hormones after a good day.

11. hsmann87

hsmann87 Top Contributor

Train at 630 after work. Much prefer it. The day's built up stress gets released and I've got a good number of meals in me before hand to give me the energy. Then I go home, eat, shower, eat again and knock the f*ck out. Love the routine!

12. gemc1981

gemc1981 Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    ^^^this is identical to me lol - stress buster, food all in, train, home, eat, prep, shower, bed

This is how I train during the week then one session on a saturday morning.

Posted using TMuscle App

13. Benicillin

Benicillin Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Later the better for me. On late shift I train at 11am - hate it, day shift I train at 5pm and much prefer it. Have trained at 10pm before and loved it, would train at that time every day if I could

Posted using TMuscle App

14. hsmann87

hsmann87 Top Contributor

Not unless Friday night was a write off ;)

15. gemc1981

gemc1981 Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Lol I train friday nights!! Exciting life dot com ha ha

Posted using TMuscle App