* TM Vouchers *

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the frustration but I was upfront when the system started saying I didn't know just how sustainable it would be and that it may stop at any time, we'd just see how it goes.

This is one of those situations where you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Thousands of pounds have been spent on free supplements for members but this seemed the right time to call it a day on this system and move on to other competitions and features that would benefit far more people. People have had 6 months to claim for supplements and as you said yourself, you've claimed free supplements so it's not like you've lost out really, it's just a bit of unfortunate timing that means you don't get quite as many supplements as potentially you could of done (but you've still saved money).

no mate, i havent.. we looked to claim last month but couldnt as it was past the date to claim.. so waiting till the next date to claim.. the tub i got was bought at a shop with my money

As I keep saying, this money isn't now being pocketed, it's just being spent on other areas that I believe will help benefit more people. There will still be plenty of opportunities to get free supplements and I have now offered a free t-shirt as a bit of an apology for those people that were sitting on a balance above £10.

i beleive you are honestly not trying to scam or out like that, i just think you could have done it a more sensible way for the members on here to be treated fairer

Perhaps as an alternative to the t-shirt we could look into giving away existing balances above £10 but only 50% of the value or something. Trouble is nobody is going to be happy here, impossible to please everyone, however I'm all for keeping it as fair as possible.

tbh i think that would still be better than everyone loosing what they have,... im not saying you should keep it going etc as you have said you have found it non sustaiable and that is fair.. but you should at least have honoured the agreement up untill this point and gave due notice for people to use there earnings as such.

its ok for some but for me and ashley it was a massive benefit wich was greatly appreciated and i put tiome in posting info etc and what i would consieder ( and assume others as plenty of replies) decent topics.

what is to say in the future you dont stop a comp in a similar way? for instance what happened to the free t's in the transformation thread?

There was no agreement, Simon offered the vouchers for creating threads, no agreement was met, it was an offer.

You could have claimed the vouchers at any time within the past 6 months, those who claimed before today's post will still receive their stuff.

No other forum has ever offered this as far as I'm aware. It was extremely generous of Simon to offer it to begin with, never mind at £2 per thread. I'm not so sure other forum owners would ever consider doing something like this.

Cut him some slack, £1000's have come out of Simon's pocket to send out supplements to members, for doing something as simple as starting threads. You're only now annoyed because you feel cheated, if you'd have made the threads anyway then what difference does it make? Unless of course you only created new threads solely to gain money, which in my eyes is a bit sly.

As for the t shirts for transformation comp, I'm sure he wouldn't mind having them sent out. Probably forgot about it, it was months ago when the thread was made.

There was no agreement, Simon offered the vouchers for creating threads, no agreement was met, it was an offer.

You could have claimed the vouchers at any time within the past 6 months, those who claimed before today's post will still receive their stuff.

No other forum has ever offered this as far as I'm aware. It was extremely generous of Simon to offer it to begin with, never mind at £2 per thread. I'm not so sure other forum owners would ever consider doing something like this.

Cut him some slack, £1000's have come out of Simon's pocket to send out supplements to members, for doing something as simple as starting threads. You're only now annoyed because you feel cheated, if you'd have made the threads anyway then what difference does it make? Unless of course you only created new threads solely to gain money, which in my eyes is a bit sly.

As for the t shirts for transformation comp, I'm sure he wouldn't mind having them sent out. Probably forgot about it, it was months ago when the thread was made.

last post from me on it as tbh i was just stating my opinion ... but the agreement argument is just being pendantic im sure many knew what i meant.. yeah it was generous and as iv said appreciated.

whats wrong with having a neg opinion on feeling cheated? im not going to be happy am i lol

im even agreeing it was great but what im saying is it would have been nice to at least say ok no more money to be made and what you have needs to be spent by xxth ... yeah in the 6mnths but isnt there a date for processingg ie the 3rd? if not my mistake ( well ashleys tbh lol ) so would have been better to say no more after 3rd when the processing is done.

ane generous yes but the site and therfore (simon) did get an increase in hits etc no doubt thefore helps with advertising etc so was a pro for both just unsustainable which is fine.

im even agreeing it was great but what im saying is it would have been nice to at least say ok no more money to be made and what you have needs to be spent by xxth ...

But then what would have happened? Already stated they're stopping because of cost, if he hadn't ended it without warning it could have cost him a fortune with a shit load of people trying to get their claims in.

Could mods claim ? Did I loose out ?

Lol had no idea on this thing even going on. Bloody good thing but glad I wasn't funding it.

But then what would have happened? Already stated they're stopping because of cost, if he hadn't ended it without warning it could have cost him a fortune with a shit load of people trying to get their claims in.

it would have been stopped failrly... and ppl could have used there cash but not made anymore. then all is happy. its not like there is NO MONEY as already said its getting reinvested into the other comps.. could have stopped on the date given so fair warning is there, trather than '' is you have ordered yesterday then ok but no more .. as i didnt even think i could order till teh 3rd otherwise i would have last week before buying a H&B cheap tub to last till 3rd.

anyway difference in opinion and whats done is done! was just stating my opinion to see if there was any reason why there was no warning given to at least fin it on the end of a month when the cash gets spent..

and i know you say its sly to post just for cash but it was an INSCENTIVE lol so obv the aim for simon was to get ppl posting more...why? to increase activity..to increase advertising worth? so only one side of the inentive being met

Simon, can obv see both sides to argument, im a bit disappointed too as had about 30+ stashed.....maybe...goin out on a limb....ppl with over a certain amount get it honoured based on a goodwill gesture as there wasn't much warning? Ie; an announcement that the last time vouchers could be redeemed was a certain date?

Respect the final say either way as like mentioned no other forum did this.

Or make it a hoody instead of a t-shirt will ya ;-p

TM tries to stay ahead of the curve guys by offering cool things such as this.
In this case there is a reason other forums don't offer it!

That said don't let this discourage you...as one door closes another opens and loyal regular posting members always get their just deserts at the end of the day:)

TM tries to stay ahead of the curve guys by offering cool things such as this.
In this case there is a reason other forums don't offer it!

That said don't let this discourage you...as one door closes another opens and loyal regular posting members always get their just deserts at the end of the day:)

that include me as ive changed my name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back