Tom Martin Again - This Time With 420kg

Discussion in 'Powerlifting & Strongman' started by Greedy Ben, May 14, 2017.

1. tomlet1

tomlet1 Mr Glass Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Correct brah

lukeee, huntingground and RickJsy like this.

2. zack

zack TM's resident millionaire entrepreneur. Top Contributor

Fuck 2.4k a month on rent. You must be loaded lol. You could genuinely buy a house in my town for two years of your rent.

huntingground likes this.
  3. RickJsy

RickJsy Crippled fat guy Top Contributor

I’d be loaded if I had the same wage but on the mainland.

I had a mortgage until OH went from under me and I had to sell up to get out of the shit. I’ve had a rough year man.

Over here my wage is pretty pedestrian — especially for a guy with 5 kids — but it’d look massive if I wrote it out here. No TM baller bro. That’s the problem. If I move I’d have less on paper but it’d work out the same or near-as-dammit by the time you account for the difference in cost of living here to there.

Trust me I’ve weighed it up many, many times.

zack likes this.
  4. Spawn_of_Haney

Spawn_of_Haney Full Member

Just come back from Gurnsey, the rents and house prices there are beyond anything I've ever seen.
    Channel Islands are like a world of there own!
    No Nhs either or at least not in Gurnsey.
    Beautiful place regardless.

zack and RickJsy like this.
  5. RickJsy

No NHS here either mate. We pay social security but if you miss 2 months paying in you have to pay for another 6 consecutive months before you’re entitled to health care — it’s one of the ways (along with 5 year work permits that only allow bottom paid jobs until you’ve payed 5 years of tax and social security with NO.gaps) that they stop too much immigration happening. There’s no dole here either, you earn or starve.

Jersey is roughly 4% higher cost of living than donkeyland (Guernsey). Wages are much higher too though, but when mainlanders land and see the cost of things they shit a housebrick.

Independent government too... not part of EU... very very different than UK.

zack likes this.
  6. TITO

TITO Full Member

What did u make of Guernsey mate? Wife’s got a new job (finance bollox) and we are moving there for 6 months in the autum. Did u get to try any gyms? People friendly?

May get over to jersey every now and then as the way you describe it rick sounds pretty cool!

RickJsy likes this.
  7. RickJsy

Guernsey will feel small very quickly but there’s good people there, lovely harbors and beaches all around you within 10mins (shame you aren’t there for summer though). There’s some superb cafes and stuff on the waterfront.

Bodyworks gym is meant to be good, and is 24hr, and there’s a ‘Guernsey’s Strongest’ club that do strongman event training in and outdoors at various venues almost every weekend. Zef Eisenberg (maxi-muscle founder who now chases land-speed records) sometimes does them and sponsors their comps.

When you’re over there, message me and I’ll hop
    Islands one weekend and put in a training session with you or vice versa if you want. Happy to show you round Jersey too.

TITO and huntingground like this.
  8. TITO

TITO Full Member

That sounds great rick yeah I’d be well up for that. Yeah the island does sound nice but I think I’ll get a bit twitchy before long. It’s only for 6 months so will make the best of it.

RickJsy likes this.
  9. Spawn_of_Haney

Spawn_of_Haney Full Member

Sorry only just seen this.
    Rick is correct, it gets small very quickly and I was only there a week.
    The scenery though is beautiful. We rented a car and just explored for 10 hours a day.
    Didn't even look up a gym but assumed there was one as noticed a few decent shaped lads.

TITO likes this.