Train Legs Like A Nasty Mother Fucker

Have a look at some of the intensity techniques on john meadows YouTube channel mountaindog1

3 sec negs on leg press and Bulgarian split squats with iso holds are a couple I really like.

210 squat workout.

Train after your rest day/ days.
Take the two days after you train off work and make no plans for those days.

Ok, put a light weight on the squat bar, i used 60kg, you might want a little bit more or a bit less, 60kg is ample though make no mistake. Weight stays the same for the whole workout.
Squat 1 rep pause, 2 reps pause, 3 reps pause, 4 reps pause.................and on up to 20 reps (210 reps in total) You'll go into a false sense of security up to the 9 or 10 rep point, then you'll hit the wall, the pauses will get longer (you cannot rack the bar!) you'll think about being sick, you will be sick, wonder if all this is worth it and finally want to die! If you make it to the end you'll crawl from the rack, your CNS will be in melt down and you'll be a crying gibbering wreck of a ginger cvnt.:D
Next day your legs won't work, getting dressed will be impossible by yourself and you'll have to shit standing up. If anyone sees you they'll think your attempting movement without your carer and wheelchair but you'll be a nasty mutha fucker and most importantly of all..............you'll be a man my son!:D

Got two quad focusd workouts for you to try...

First one, Eddie Abbew put me through,

Tri set -
A) leg exten feet pointing up 10 -12 reps
B) hack squat - narrow stance feet forward 5reps, med stance feet forward 5 reps, med stance feet pointing out 5 reps, no rest between stance/foot position
C) leg exten - feet pointing down and inward 10-12reps

Close stance leg press, knees together 4x15

DB/ kettle bell lunges 3x12 reps each leg

By the time I got to the lunges my legs were buckling so had to do kettle bell squats instead

My last leg workout another pt put me through was a fucking killer...did it on Monday and still had doms by Friday

Leg extensions - 6 reps, move pin up, 6 reps, 6 reps, move pin up, 6 reps move pin back down, 6 reps, move pin down 6 reps x 4 sets, no rest in between reps.. also at top, emphasise lifting quads off the pad

Leg press, sissy squat machine leg press tri set, 15 reps each, first leg press set with a shallower ROM, second leg press with a full deeper rom x 4

Reverse hack squat 12-15 x 4

Boom

Got two quad focusd workouts for you to try...

First one, Eddie Abbew put me through,

Tri set -
A) leg exten feet pointing up 10 -12 reps
B) hack squat - narrow stance feet forward 5reps, med stance feet forward 5 reps, med stance feet pointing out 5 reps, no rest between stance/foot position
C) leg exten - feet pointing down and inward 10-12reps

Close stance leg press, knees together 4x15

DB/ kettle bell lunges 3x12 reps each leg

By the time I got to the lunges my legs were buckling so had to do kettle bell squats instead

My last leg workout another pt put me through was a fucking killer...did it on Monday and still had doms by Friday

Leg extensions - 6 reps, move pin up, 6 reps, 6 reps, move pin up, 6 reps move pin back down, 6 reps, move pin down 6 reps x 4 sets, no rest in between reps.. also at top, emphasise lifting quads off the pad

Leg press, sissy squat machine leg press tri set, 15 reps each, first leg press set with a shallower ROM, second leg press with a full deeper rom x 4

Reverse hack squat 12-15 x 4

Boom

A sounds like some thing I did a few sessions ago actually...

My worst was
3 sets 20 rep squats
3 sets staggered leg press each set totalled 18 reps
3 sets leg ext all double drops

Laying ham curls and standing calf raises to finish!
I had DOMS for 10 days! Literally couldn't walk for first 3 days afterwards!

Reactions: Jim
Giant Set (4 sets)
1) Leg press (feet shoulder width apart and toes slightly out)-10 reps with 3/3/3 count
2) 1 1/2 hack squats (banded)- 10 reps
3) walking lunges (shorten stance with emphasis of push through quads and 2 second pause at bottom)
3 minutes rest after each giant set

Smith Machine Squats (full depth)-2 sets of 12-15 reps superset w/
Bulgarian squats- 2 sets of 20 reps per leg
Rest 3 minutes after each super set

Banded Leg Extensions- 3 sets of 10 reps 3/3/3 count
4th and final set drop set of 10 reps normal speed (4 set drop with last drop to failure)
1 minute rest between sets

Stretch your quads for 10 minutes

Leg Press-
Angled one legged leg press (blue banded or grey banded)- 3 sets 10 reps (2 second pause at bottom with no lockout) superset w/
Both feet high on platform and together -3 sets of 10 reps (2 second pause at bottom with no lockout) superset w/
Seated leg curls (lean forward and grab base of seat)-3 sets of 10 reps (2 second hold with 2 second eccentric motion)

Lying leg curls-
Supported-3 sets of 10 reps (squeeze at top for 2 seconds and eccentric phase for 2 seconds) superset w/
Lying leg curls- 3 sets of 15 reps (normal speed)
Superset w/
Walking lunges (step at an outward angle and long stride.. Pause at bottom for 2 seconds) 3 sets of 40 yards

Plié squats with DB (use two benches or two steppers to allow more hip movement and depth) 2 sets of 20 reps superset w/
DB Romanian deadlifts- 2 sets of 15 reps (3 count down.. 3 count hold at bottom.. 3 count up)
Rest 2 minutes after each super set

Grey banded hyperextensions -2 sets of 15 reps (squeeze at top for 2 seconds and slowly ease down for 2 seconds with focus on stretching hamstrings at the bottom)
Rest 90 seconds after each super set

All of these are working sets and should be taken if not to failure at least VERY close to failure.

@Jim if you have bands give it a go and let me know what you think.
I had DOMS for 6 days after going all out on this bad boy!

Last edited:
This was something Dallas mc carver & matt Jansen done. I've tried elements but not the full workout.

Leg extensions
1 - 3x15 speed work
(speed work meaning not spastic but no grinding out of reps, using a heavy weight that can be assertively moved for all desired reps.

2 - 1 muscle round starting with enter stack.. only dropping weight if failure comes before 12 reps
Muscle Round 6 sets of 8 with 15 second rest between attempts, learned from the Titan Method.

3 - Hack squat - 3 sets 10 - Pyramiding up in weight to reach working weight.

4th set all out set failing at 12

5th set again all out failing at less reps

***All sets done with 3 second eccentric, explosive concentric, and hard 1-2 second squeezes at 3/4 ROM - no locking out on to joints.

4 - Leg press - Work up to set failing around 20
Stay here for 2 additional working sets which failed at 16 then 12 reps.

5 - Split squats with rear leg up on bench
10 reps with foot out past knee at bottom position on right and left leg (More ham/glute emphasis)

Into

10 reps with foot behind knew at bottom position on each leg (More quad emphasis)

***2 rotations like this pausing each rep at bottom for 1 full second.

6 - Superset

Plate loaded leg extensions

Into

Sissy squats on hack squat machine

3 sets of 10-12 each here.

***Again slow 3-4 second eccentrics and hard squeezes at peak contractions. Concentric portion of lift here was done in an explosive speed work type manner.

7 - Seated leg curls
3x 21's with HARD 1 SECOND squeeze on each rep.(7 contraction partials + 7 Full Reps + 7 Stretch partials)

8 - Stiff leg deads on reverse v squat
3x15
Slow controlled full hard stretch at bottom of each rep.

DONE

I will say the gym I'm at now is very basic and for legs all I have is

Squat
Smith squat (smith not fixed to floor so iv moved it mid set when heavy or banded)
Hack squat
Extensions
Seated hams
Lying hams
Free weights
I also have a few bands (been using loads lately)

So no leg press
I am pretty limited
The one thing I like about this gym is its small and quiet so I can giant set every thing with no one in the way.

I trained legs yesterday, and halfway through my set on the hack squat, my thighs were burning like fvck. Thought to myself, 'really hitting them hard here'.

Turned out instead to be the ash from my fag dropping off and burning a hole in my Kappas ffs.

I will say the gym I'm at now is very basic and for legs all I have is

Squat
Smith squat (smith not fixed to floor so iv moved it mid set when heavy or banded)
Hack squat
Extensions
Seated hams
Lying hams
Free weights
I also have a few bands (been using loads lately)

So no leg press
I am pretty limited
The one thing I like about this gym is its small and quiet so I can giant set every thing with no one in the way.
Old thread buuuttt nasty leg session I used to do with a power lifter..

Smith machine calf raises 3 x 10 ascending weight each set into a triple drop set

Leg extensions 3 x 10 ascending with 5 second negatives followed by triple drop

Giant set:
Leg press 3 x 10 (replace with back squats maybe)
Smith squat with feet far in front 3 x 10
Bulgarian split squats 3 x 10

No rest... yeh that's right, almost puked every time.. just use spotter to assist or drop weight.. each set is failure

Lying hamstring curls 10x3 with 10 seconds rest, not enough to let creatine stores replenish so is vile (I added a couple of warm ups before)

Nordic curls 5 x failure

Leg extensions 100 reps on 20 rep max, rest pause 5 secs max rest
Seated hamstring Curls 100 reps on 20 rep max, rest pause 5 secs max rest (lean forward as you contract)

Incline walk @15% incline, fast enough so you aren't running but feel like you have too, fills your calves up nicely.

10-15 minutes intense stretching, eg weighting hamstring stretch, quads, hip flexor, glutes, calves

Ok
Let's hear it...
I need to train legs and I want some ideas...

What's the nastiest leg session you have ever done?

What would be your on your list of most pain/vomit inducing techniques for legs (quads mainly as mine are fooking shite!)

Il buy u another nandos even tho u ow me one if u complete lee priest titans dvd leg workout

Old thread buuuttt nasty leg session I used to do with a power lifter..

Smith machine calf raises 3 x 10 ascending weight each set into a triple drop set

Leg extensions 3 x 10 ascending with 5 second negatives followed by triple drop

Giant set:
Leg press 3 x 10 (replace with back squats maybe)
Smith squat with feet far in front 3 x 10
Bulgarian split squats 3 x 10

No rest... yeh that's right, almost puked every time.. just use spotter to assist or drop weight.. each set is failure

Lying hamstring curls 10x3 with 10 seconds rest, not enough to let creatine stores replenish so is vile (I added a couple of warm ups before)

Nordic curls 5 x failure

Leg extensions 100 reps on 20 rep max, rest pause 5 secs max rest
Seated hamstring Curls 100 reps on 20 rep max, rest pause 5 secs max rest (lean forward as you contract)

Incline walk @15% incline, fast enough so you aren't running but feel like you have too, fills your calves up nicely.

10-15 minutes intense stretching, eg weighting hamstring stretch, quads, hip flexor, glutes, calves
interesting to see what this powerlifters physique looked like

im guessing not a fat lump!

Back