Training For The British Finals Project 900+ Total

Don't want to steal his thunder but 315kg squat (with a 325 that looked good but not given) 200kg bench after they disallowed 2 (which looked cleaner than a lot of guys, for instance Dan Green. 2 disallowed for sinking in to chest. Must be a strict fed) and 350kg deadlift!!!

Don't want to steal his thunder but 315kg squat (with a 325 that looked good but not given) 200kg bench after they disallowed 2 (which looked cleaner than a lot of guys, for instance Dan Green. 2 disallowed for sinking in to chest. Must be a strict fed) and 350kg deadlift!!!
Great Googley moogley

I mean 3fucking50 comp deadlift [emoji119][emoji117][emoji108][emoji123]

Hey guys yeah @RS86 is right I managed to get the win, didn't quite total what I wanted and was thrown off by a couple of calls from judges but who the fuck cares I won it and that's what counts!

Squat- 295[emoji836]️315[emoji836]️325[emoji837]

Bench- 190[emoji837]195[emoji837]200[emoji836]️ <-massive pressure to get final bench!

Deadlift- 320[emoji836]️335[emoji836]️350[emoji836]️ went a bit mental after the 350 lol

Anyway here's all of the lifts from the day:-

Before I won the Euros I said to myself if I do well I'll not compete for the rest of the year but after the post comp blues and feeling like I left a few kgs on the table I reconsidered.

I've decided to compete at the British Finals and will be trying to hit a 900 total, it'll be tough but i don't think it's unattainable.

Anyway I started my first week of the program on Monday benching and squats yesterday, this is what the sessions consisted of:-

Bench

Warm up then

160 5x5

Tricep push downs

4 sets of 10

Cable flyes

4 sets of 10

Close grip press

4 sets of 8

Squats

Warm up then

230 5x5

Laying leg ham curl

4 sets of 10

Seated leg raise

4 sets of 10

Standing calf raise

4 sets of 10

Bench was a struggle only just grinding out my final rep of my final set and could really feel I'd worked my chest the next day.

Squats were very tiring but the actual sets were really easy but again I've woke up today aching from the volume, on the day of the comp after I hurt my right shoulder somehow on my final attempt and slightly aggravated it squatting low bar I'm hoping it's nothing major and will recover ok. Im doing safety squats next week so it'll get a good rest but I'm pressing tomorrow and don't won't it to affect my session.

I recorded all my sets on bench and the first two sets on squats:-

Bench accessory work

Seated OHP

Warm up then

80x8 100x5 100x5 100x5 100x5 100x10

2board Swiss bar with chains

100kg in bar + 40/50kg of chains
4 sets of 8

Rope pulls

4 sets of 12

I decided to sack standing OHP off on Thursdays just so I don't put unnecessary stress on my lower back, Thursday's will just be an accessory day for bench where I won't lift anything too heavy to make sure I'm 100% for the main bench sessions on Monday

I recorded my last set of seated OHP as my training partner bet me a box of his gone off protein bars I couldn't get 10 so may as well put it up:-

Last edited:
whats your diet look like mate? fairly strict ?

7:30 porridge with raisins cashew nuts and protein powder

10 protein flapjack and a eat natural bar

12:30 chicken/beef or salmon with rice/pasta or potato

2:30 bagel with peanut butter and jam on training days as a pre workout snack or greek yogurt oats, raisins & a bit of honey on non training days

Gym at 4pm usually followed by banana & protein shake

7:30 chicken/beef or salmon with rice/pasta or potato

9:30 alpen with protein shake as milk

That's how I always eat everyday except on Saturday night I have a takeaway (usually pizza) and I just adjust the portion sizes on training and non training days but usually eat around 5000 calories a day

Last edited:
Back