Transformation First Pop

nathanc290

Morning all,

Relatively new here and my first proper post.

Bit of information as stands. Started training around 5 years ago, 3 years ago i fractured two vertebrae in my spine which saw me out for about a year and a half but been back training properly for around a year. Ive definately let myself slide over the past few months since i got back from a holiday in the states, absolutely no diet and minimal training! BUT... im ready to change that again.

The time is right to get back to the grind and pick up training and a proper diet again, and whats needed more than a bit of motivation in the form of the transfo contest. Feeling and looking bad, this may just be that extra push i need putting it out for all to see.

Current stats are as follows.

87kg (191 pounds)
16% BF
5ft 11"

Will post some updates as i go, hoping to reach the 10% bf mark.

Wish me luck.

Cheers

052.JPG
050.JPG

Good luck - Have you set yourself a goal to achieve the 10% bf?

Will you be using any supplements ;) ?

Thanks!

Would like to hit the 10% by mid march, gives 10 - 11 weeks. Anything else would be a bonus, aiming this goal around when i did something similar a few years ago. Although my ethic has changed and i will be stricter in terms of diet and training methods.

Supps being used are Whey protein, Casein protein, BCAA's. Will be taking fish oil caps and multi vits also. Still undecided whether to introduce some creatine monohydrate as of yet as i naturally tend to hold water.

Imo that is an achievable goal. I presume you are introducing regular cardio ?

What does your daily macros look like ?
I meant other supplements ;)

Yes, started introducing fasted AM LISS cardio, 30 - 45 minutes followed by 15 - 20 mins of stretching 4 x per week, weight training on evenings and one weekend day. 10 - 15 mins of HIIT after weight sessions 3 x per week. Thats how its standing at the moment, may tweak as time goes on and work permits.

In terms of those types of supplements, im giving it a miss this time, decided to go for it naturally see how it pans out. :)

You should have no problems achieving your goal providing you stick to it. You sound like you have everything down to a T!

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your goals. Thanks for entering the competition :)

Got a rough diet in mind?

ImageUploadedByT-Muscle1389128807.569169.jpg
ImageUploadedByT-Muscle1389128871.706862.jpg

Updated photos containing paper with today's date 7/1/14.

Few added stats, LBM is currently 73kg. Diet will be aiming for 287g of protein, 75g fat and 217g carbs. Will tweak as necessary, want to retain as much muscle mass as possible and not drop that bit too quickly. Will see how this pans out for now. Sessions so far have got me pretty tired so it's good night from me ready for the 5:30 rise.

Cheers all

Posted using TMuscle App

ImageUploadedByT-Muscle1389296746.861465.jpg
ImageUploadedByT-Muscle1389296760.320606.jpg
ImageUploadedByT-Muscle1389296777.444095.jpg

Thought I'd better get some shots from a different angle to see the full change.

Posted using TMuscle App

So, third week in feeling great! 3kgs down and minimal drop in size so far. Enjoying hitting the cardio in these dark and cold mornings, doing a bit more road running instead of hitting the treadmill and staring at a wall for 40 minutes!

Strength is up which i didnt expect, shocked myself with a 120kg squat for 2 (all the way, A2G) which i havent done in a long while! was struggling with 80kg a few weeks ago so definately happy with that! Diets running sweet as well, not bored, only cheated once with a small bit of chocolate!

All in all feeling good, going to have stats done again at 4, 8 and 12 weeks. Hoping for some good results as im already seeing a good change. Has to be the diet, first time ive gone dialled on macros and not slipped up with the old mcDonalds routine! Still feeling motivated and cant wait to get back in the gym tonight! Plus the belly button has stopped looking so angry :)

All weekend without a cheat...thats a first for me i must say. one cream egg being the only culprit that i couldnt shy away from, stuck to my diet and had salmon and some veg while mrs and 4 friends sat around me eating chip shop...win. although having some cravings last night/today but house is clear of ALL bad food so thats a plus at the moment.

feeling fitter stronger and more motivated than ever, shoulders and HIIT tonight for me so will be heading there in 20 minutes as long as no more issues on site arise!

looking forward to doing the 4 week stats the weekend and seeing the changes so far.

A question i do have for anyone who may know... tend to hold on to quite a lot of water, any advice how i can shed some? dont want to approach the water loss pills or anything, but a natural way is what im looking for, heard a few different things but nothing stella just a try this supp or try that one. Any advice welcome.

Cheers all

Haha wondered what the hell you were talking about then! Just realised myself...

Did make me actually LOL....

Thanks as well, appreciated

Back