• While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.

Triceps Injury

Sciatic

My mood is a state of my mind.
Just wondered if anyone has or knows someone who has suffered from a triceps injury?

I was on my last set of lying tri's (ez bar) @ 70kg and all of a sudden I felt my right triceps (long head) what felt like a tear?

Obviously put the weight down and iced immediately. Took anti inflams too.

Two days have passed and it feels much better, however the pain which is tolerable reminds me the injury is there when I try cutting food on a chopping board, closing the car boot and any push movements.

I'm doing more cardio just to keep my sanity.

I've not long started my cycle of tren & test and wondered if these would help in the healing process.

I'm not even thinking of lifting at this current time. Could it be a strain or in your opinion a muscle tear?

Thank in advance.

@Con has recently injured his. Not sure how he is planning and managing his recovery but may be able to offer some advice?

All ekse fails, try squatting 3x a week on Smolov or sonthing if you can't do upper n need to test? Always wanted to try it personally j that'd be a good excuse too

Sorry to hear this very shitty indeed!
7 weeks ago I hurt my elbow doing deadlifts.It felt like my elbow pulled apart.
I couldn't press heavy at all without pain.
I slowly built back up to moderate weights.
Took a week off training.
Came back and on a warm up set of 225lb incline bench my elbow felt like it exploded.
Had Xray bones were fine.
Had MRI on Saturday (hurt like fuck due to body position really bad experience).
Wednesday I get the verdict.
I can move my arm normally but my elbow is very bruised.
I am hoping just a torn tendon which can self repair.
I am really hoping no surgery!

Be very careful dude!
I would internet doctor diagnonse (which is worthless obviously lol) a grade two strain.
Which would mean tendon/muscle is torn but not off the bone.
That takes about 10 weeks to heal.
So for chest do tons of machine flies.
If you're able to do push downs in lets say two weeks. Start doing them with your arms occluded (you can buy bands cheap on amazon). This way you can pump them up and keep the size without damaging them further.
DO NOT!!! Jump back into even moderate weights once it stops hurting. That's what got me!

rest and ice it...light stretching maybe some high rep stuff to get lots of blood in there,did it for my quad
not long back and didn't miss a workout tbh,it was heavy bruised but I think it was a strain..

Do you still have full rom?

Are you doing any blood work to help? High rep stuff.

Stretching ok?

Smolov is great. Use 80-90% of your max though and eat / sleep a lot

http://joshmahony.com/weights/smolov_jr.php

I'm just about managing full rom and each day is getting better.

I did high rep very light weight today on the dip machine. The one which you sit down so not own body weight. Managed to do 2 x 100 reps without pain. Just a nice pump.

Just read about smolov..cheers.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sorry to hear this very shitty indeed!
7 weeks ago I hurt my elbow doing deadlifts.It felt like my elbow pulled apart.
I couldn't press heavy at all without pain.
I slowly built back up to moderate weights.
Took a week off training.
Came back and on a warm up set of 225lb incline bench my elbow felt like it exploded.
Had Xray bones were fine.
Had MRI on Saturday (hurt like fuck due to body position really bad experience).
Wednesday I get the verdict.
I can move my arm normally but my elbow is very bruised.
I am hoping just a torn tendon which can self repair.
I am really hoping no surgery!

Be very careful dude!
I would internet doctor diagnonse (which is worthless obviously lol) a grade two strain.
Which would mean tendon/muscle is torn but not off the bone.
That takes about 10 weeks to heal.
So for chest do tons of machine flies.
If you're able to do push downs in lets say two weeks. Start doing them with your arms occluded (you can buy bands cheap on amazon). This way you can pump them up and keep the size without damaging them further.
DO NOT!!! Jump back into even moderate weights once it stops hurting. That's what got me!

Thanks for the advice really appreciate it. Hope you make a full and safe recovery @Con

rest and ice it...light stretching maybe some high rep stuff to get lots of blood in there,did it for my quad
not long back and didn't miss a workout tbh,it was heavy bruised but I think it was a strain..

Cheers buddy.

Forgot to mention this - The injured area appears to be slightly swollen and feels warm. Is this water and is this a good thing re the body's way protecting of the area?

Thanks.

as @mal said try tb500 and bpc but would recommend taking 2-4weeks off obviously this would mean postponing cycle but taking time off is sometimes all you need if tricep still fucked then doctors only option, training through injuries is not a good idea in my expericence.good luck either way

I have surgery on Friday guys.
Years of tendonosis followed by the acute injury resulted in only a few tricep fibers hanging on and I have a bone spur.
I should be back to light weights in 6 weeks as in rehab light shit.
In 6 months I will be back to it fully.

So my advice.....if you have issues with your elbows get that shit taken care of as it gets worse not better!

I have surgery on Friday guys.
Years of tendonosis followed by the acute injury resulted in only a few tricep fibers hanging on and I have a bone spur.
I should be back to light weights in 6 weeks as in rehab light shit.
In 6 months I will be back to it fully.

So my advice.....if you have issues with your elbows get that shit taken care of as it gets worse not better!

Speedy recovery mate.

Back