Two Subjects 100% Huel For One Month - Before And After Results

Discussion in 'Huel' started by James Collier, Mar 15, 2016.

1. GM-20

GM-20 Top Contributor

James, could you do a study with some trained guys who already eat a decent diet?

See how they felt after the month, did it improve, or hinder performance.?
    Body composition?
    Health markers?

As said, taking a guy who eats greggs, flaming hot monster munch & a snickers for his lunch, replace that with huel, of course they will feel better and have I proved health.
    Seems a somewhat pointless study, even if it was designed for Joe public.

Fatbrah likes this.

2. Hilly

Hilly Nutritionist and Sports Therapist Moderator

Your suggestion I imagine for them would be pointless. Huel is not aimed at athletes

3. GM-20

GM-20 Top Contributor

Yeah I get that, but let's be honest most people who will buy it, will have some interest in health & fitness or body composition.

So I'm not suggestion hit up Phil Heath & get him ion huel, at least pick a few subjects, that train/play sport even as a hobby or recreational level. Who will make better food choices than just take aways & Shite the vast majority of time.

At least gives a like for like comparison.

4. Hilly

Hilly Nutritionist and Sports Therapist Moderator

Again I'm not sure.

I had thought the idea was for working men n woman who want to get healthy n improve blood Markers n body comp.

Not in a training /sport way st all. Instead of getting a coffee n panini or coffee n cake or a Greggs etc on the run its have this

5. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    still it would be nice to have a cross section of subjects... not necessarily sportsie types but those like me who are purely amateur/recreational...

6. GM-20

GM-20 Top Contributor

@Hilly I guess the James will be able to say who it's intended for.

The person I described is the average guy, goes to the gym maybe 1 or 2 times a week. Maybe plays 5's with his mates.
    I work with mostly guys who want to eat healthy but due to "time" end up opting for tuna baguette & thinks that's it's a somewhat healthy choice....

7. HugoTeamFA

HugoTeamFA

I have to admit I keep a bag of it at work for when I'm rushed off my feet between meetings etc, just have a few scoops mixed with 1 of protein however now I'm in prep it's been taken out.

I know that Dean Lesiak is using it in his offseason to get some good quality extra calories in. For me I struggle with getting the food in during offseason so its an easy choice for me to just add a few scoops a day to top up the diet.

8. James Collier

James Collier Full Member

Hi - good suggestion and this is something we'll look at in the future.

However, as our primary market is non-training bust people and we're really under-resourced at the moment, it's not a priority. Nevertheless, it would be interesting and I'd love to do something. There would be more variables though so the results may not be as reliable on a small cohort. (eg subjects may train at varying intensity).

Both subjects, 2 especially, ate well, they had just gone through Xmas eating. I don't think it was pointless as we weren't just looking for improvements, we were looking to demostrate that using Huel is a perfectly acceptable way of eating and, more importantly, we wanted their comments on how they felt including the social aspects. You may not think the results were favourable for us from this point of view, as they showed that neither felt they could live solely on Huel, but this is not the primary aim of Huel anyway - it's to be used as part of a good diet.

Fatbrah and HugoTeamFA like this.
  9. musclemate

musclemate I can. I will. Just watch me. Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I think for Bodybuilders who have difficulty in getting in the right quantity of real food to grow... I can see it helping to get those extra clean calories. I would have thought it would be better than just downing an extra scoop of whey.

I'm opened minded.

10. James Collier

James Collier Full Member

Actually, most people buying Huel are busy people with little interest in health and fitness - they just want something convenient so they don't have to worry.