Types Of Protein

I would say it's mis representative to classify whey, real food powders, greens powder etc as supps.

Obvs you can't sustain yourself on creatine.

Btw I'm no longer a bber (lol) but when I was (lol) it was shakes all the way (real foods) and I was big thick and tight all year round.

I knew a guy that dieted on egg white and white potato for 20. Solid. Weeks. Wouldn't even use toothpaste because calories. Looked great though. Used to look very sceptically at me when I used to tell him about my diets lol.

I'm going on a bulk, will be roast tatties for me this Sunday:D

I knew a guy that dieted on egg white and white potato for 20. Solid. Weeks. Wouldn't even use toothpaste because calories. Looked great though. Used to look very sceptically at me when I used to tell him about my diets lol.

Old school diet.

Reactions: Max
Kcals in vs kcals out.

End of it.

As far as protein sources, whey ISNT a supplement! It's a good source! It's derived from milk! It has THE highest bioavailability (to my knowledge) out of any protein source. It just ain't gonna make you feel "full" compared to meat.

Tbf since I stopped eating meat I haven’t noticed much difference from just getting it from eggs, dairy, quorn, so fungi and the odd bit of whey.

I actually didn’t know quorn was made from fungi and is apparently a complete protein.

All I know is it’s a lot cheaper than chicken and tastes a lot better.

Not that I’ve any real way to measure it but I’ve came off gear and not lost much weight and kept strength moving up so maybe doing ok.

See where I’m at I’m in the new year, could be a very different tale lmao.

I got far bigger being vegan personally

I may look into quorn as a part time thing, I just remember the shit that is tofu from my last foray into veganism, NEVER EVER again, fukn hate tofu

Kcals in vs kcals out.

End of it.

As far as protein sources, whey ISNT a supplement! It's a good source! It's derived from milk! It has THE highest bioavailability (to my knowledge) out of any protein source. It just ain't gonna make you feel "full" compared to meat.

Yep, egg whites and whey protein are the highest quality proteins in the human diet as determined by a bunch of different measures.

I agree too that it's arguable whether whey powder should be called a supplement as it's nutrient value makes it as nutritionally useful as many 'real' foods, and indeed more useful than many when compared in isolation.

Casein is up there on the same level too.

I may look into quorn as a part time thing, I just remember the shit that is tofu from my last foray into veganism, NEVER EVER again, fukn hate tofu

Not cooked right. You'd hate raw chicken if you ate that too lol.

Hehehe, very true @Max however I've put meself off tofu for life I think, can't even have it in a Chinese now

Reactions: Max
I had the best tofu pad Thai last night mate. Literally delicious I never used to rate it before but them Malaysians know what do.

I spent some time in Malaysia a few years ago and the food was outta this world. Large population of Indian and Chinese immigrants there, so lots of fusion food, but the Indian restaurants were something else. Outside of the touristy places you aren't guaranteed to meet people who speak English, and I ate in a bunch of restaurants where the english version of the menu read like "vegetarian meal 1, vegetarian meal 2, vegetarian meal 3'.... with the menu usually written in pen on a piece of A4 with about six years of different food stains on it. Had some of the best veggie curries I've ever had in places like that, usually served on a big banana leaf rather than a plate and just eat with your hands. :thumb:

Back