Under 105kg Strongman

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by rick89, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Some squatting that for first time in 6 months

good work

rick89 likes this.
  2. rick89

rick89 Full Member

Cheers la

I’m not rushing weights, I know what I’m capable of so just want to perfect technique and build volume up over time

I’ve got volume PB goals in mind if that makes sense ..eg 250kg 5x5 deadlift, 260kg 5x4

When I hit these I’ll be by far the strongest I’ve ever been

Trying different approach and body is responding at mo, need to play it by ear tho as in the words of Big K .

Fooked

3. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

Not too shabby at all for the first time in a long while

Strength overall still seems half decent tbh, have u been doing anything at all training wise?

Very impressive if not

rick89 and huntingground like this.
  4. rick89

rick89 Full Member

More of a bodybuilding style tbh mate , hence no Squats was doing a lot of hack/leg press/machine work as was training with my old man who trains that style

I’ve noticed as I get older also I tend to always keep a certain baseline of strength, not sure if its placebo

The style will be totally different now

Plan is decent volume on main lifts, little or no accessory but hitting sessions as frequently as possible depending on recovery

See how it fairs

Guest, huntingground and GhostOf2Can like this.
  5. GhostOf2Can

I’d agree with that pal, I’ve found the same thing with a minimum baseline strength wise

I’m skirting it now I’m off everything unfortunalty :lol:

huntingground and rick89 like this.
  6. rick89

rick89 Full Member

Again I’m be also noticed it comes back very quick when it does drop , I’m sure once your back on a bit of test be back to strength in no time mate

That other note I’ll add is I’m planning on being let’s say less conservative with Peds for the next few cycles, not complete HG style but gonna give it a good go

7. rick89

rick89 Full Member

Rest day today, we’ll needed although work was pretty physical today

Squats absolutely hammered me, sore from head to toe, was hoping to deadlift tomoz but can’t see to be fair maybe Friday, 255kg 3 sets of 2 so don’t want to be going at it half broken still

London’s strongest man approx 10 weeks away still waiting for confirmation so need to tidy food up and keep getting stronger

Still undecided on exact cycle but thinking something along lines of low test, high tren with var 6 weeks at a decent dose then pre workout goodies on top 4 weeeks out?

Guest likes this.
  8. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

good to see you back and busy!

I’d try and hold the lockout longer though. Not enough time for a down command. You’ve been around the PL circuit long enough to know that if you don’t get the call you’re not getting the lift.

rick89 likes this.
  9. rick89

rick89 Full Member

Yes your right matey about lockout noticed it myself

10. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

you know what you’re doing. Don’t need me to tell you how to suck eggs, but, train for the platform and all that

rick89 likes this.
  11. rick89

rick89 Full Member

Quick update

So haven’t trained since squats 4 days ago, was supposed to train yesterday but decided to have an extra day rest, the squats after lay off really hit me hard still got DOMs all over now, works also been heavy too.

Had some good new regarding the business wednsday, The National Trust got in touch and we had an on site meeting regarding a 4 month project they want us to under go for them ASAP,
    It’s a great project and will be the first time sub contracting to them,

Pros
    -great money
    -potentially years of more projects ahead once our foot is in the door
    -great publicity for the business too (small businesses in our field locally would jump at the prospect its a brilliant project to get )

Cons
    -physically majorly demanding
    -brutal conditions on the top of one of the most difficult challenging locations here in wales
    -would have to be 110% commited in every little aspect which always impacts on family n home for me and is usually where I end up not training for months on end

I’ve got a week to decide rates/terms etc so no rush, can’t really afford not to worse comes to worse I will have to train 3 days a week and give it my all in them sesssions

Anyway enough rambling.....

Today is dead’s 255kg 3x 2 but I fancy going off plan a bit and going for bit more, we’ll see

Big breakfast and 20mg SDrol going in

JB, RS86, Guest and 3 others like this.
  12. GhostOf2Can

Nice position to be in buddy

3 days for strength training is spot on imo btw. Be sound that if needs be mate

Guest likes this.
  13. rick89

rick89 Full Member

Ye deffo mate your right

Mon-squat
    Wed-press
    Fri-dead

Sounds quite appealing actually

Greedy Ben, Guest and huntingground like this.
  14. rick89

rick89 Full Member

250x 7 today

Form timing was off today for some reason but strength felt good, left 1-2 in tank as cardio gave in first

Will do this for 10 with out a doubt in 2-3 weeks

RS86, Sjundea, Greedy Ben and 3 others like this.
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

Strong fucker

rick89 likes this.