1. TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.

Understanding Esters, Active-Life and Half-Life

Discussion in 'Anabolic Steroids & Prohormones' started by bigacb, Apr 6, 2011.

1. GetXXL

GetXXL Full Member

Yes, after the 10 days they will have exactly the same wash-out period. Do note that 1000mg EOD yields less stable bloodlevels than 500mg ED does, but if you avarage them out they will yield the same "result" yes. Maths do the magic again :)

I'm a computer science student at uni, so I'm expected to know my maths :p Although I'm not very good at it hehe.

Furthermore you can use the first derivate of this function to calculate the slope of a specific point (derivate of 1/(2^n) = -2^(-n)log(2)) and use the primitive to integrate under the graph (the integral is (-(2^-n)/log(2))) I think, not sure) whereas n is the amount of half-lifes past.

2. B|GJOE

B|GJOE Diet Expert Expert

I do like maths. Used to do PHP and MySQL web based apps, and at work I've created quite a lot of Excel VBA applications. But saying that, it's the old gigo isn't it. You have know the formula to get the desired result. Been a great thread, and I've achieved the objective of understanding half life from it.

However, I still don't get why the internet has contradictory info on the actual half life of the different esters, I mean min 4 days and max 12 days quoted for same ester is bullsh1t.

Also if you read further back I've highlighted from the Op, that the purpose of esterification is purely to slow release from depot site. Then others have said that the compound is in the blood within hours to a couple of days, and cleaving the ester from position 17 on the hormone is what slows release.???

3. GetXXL

GetXXL Full Member

It's caused by the difference in solubility in oil and water. An ester makes the substance more soluble in oil, and less in water. The longer the ester, the more soluble it is in oil (enanthate is more soluble in oil than propionate, hence the longer half-life of enanthate). If you wouldn't esterize testosterone it would rapidly hit the bloodstream after injection, but because of the esterization, it is slowed down because of the higher solubility in oil (since you inject the compound with an amount of oil, it serves as a depot in the muscle).

I've recently started webdeveloping with use of PHP/MySQL/javascript/AJAX/CSS. I pick it up very fast since I'm already known with programming (Java and C mainly). It's very easy to program something and make a nice interface around it with this. :) Really love it.

4. B|GJOE

I get that bit, and that version is the 1 that makes sense to me.

What I don't get is why some say Enanthate is a 4 day half life, some 6-8, and I've even seen 12 days for enanthate. I would expect a particular time + or - 25%. But the difference between 4 days and 12 days is + 200%!

5. GetXXL

GetXXL Full Member

I think you mist this part of a previous post of me:
    And had to Google the word "cleaving" (I'm good at English, but it's still not my native language :D), yes that's also a part of what happens, since the "reverse esterification", decreases oil solubility and increases water solubility. It's pretty much like this, you have a substance, with a C-atom, a double-bounded O atom, and another O-atom, and the rest of the actual substance (aka. the esterized substance). You add a H2O molecule, what happens is that an O-H connection is added to the C-atom, and an alcohol is split from the sustance, containing the other H-atom, and the single-bounded O-atom and some of the rest (H-O-R). Hm, sounds weird if I try to describe it.

6. Mars

Mars Banned

If you only use scientific data/sites then the biological half life is always quoted as the the same, IE: test enanthates biological half life IS 5-8 days.
    This is worked out using the terminal half (which is found using psuedo equilibrium constant dynamics, which is extremely accurate) from this the half life is workrd out using pseudo equilibrium variable dynamics, this also gives mean resistance times and terminal mean times and from this the terminal active life is also ascertained.
    PS, getxxl, i'm not sure were you are coming from with your hypothesis oil and water and the ester as the life is decided by the number of atoms in the side chain and not wether the ester is in oil or water.

7. B|GJOE

Thanks Mars.

Just 1 more thing mate.

Where the hell have you been? I thought you had fell of the face of the planet.

8. GetXXL

GetXXL Full Member

Hm, I do not exactly understand what you mean? But what I meant was that it's a good rule of the thumb that, the more C-atoms the ester contains, the longer the half-life, or isn't that what you meant?

Maybe my post revived him :D

9. B|GJOE

Maybe not, he's gone again......

10. cecil_sensation

cecil_sensation Full Member

brill read

B|GJOE likes this.
  11. smurphy

smurphy Top Contributor

I doubt anyone would buy from you at your prices! Fook me you'd have to be desperate