What Class To Do?

Discussion in 'Competing' started by kaseyelliott95, Aug 17, 2017.

1. kaseyelliott95

kaseyelliott95

Hey guys first post here I've been cutting for past 14 weeks lost 44lb so far I'm debating which class to do either junior bodybuilding or junior physique what are some of your guy opinions
    Stats
    88kg
    5ft 10
    21 years of age[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. LittleChris

LittleChris Competitor

Diet down first. The class will follow when/if you get into shape.

Robbie likes this.
  3. Con

Con Moderator

Your quads are good, doesn't look like you train your hamstrings correctly as they're lacking.
    Hard to say as you would be fine in both.
    A consideration is skin quality is certainly more important in physique (it's relevant in bbing too) so I would start treating the skin on a daily basis as it's not too great looking.
    Overall you have a good physique with a TINY waist which will when fully dieted down present a very nice look in either division.
    The question is; which one do you want to do.
    Pick one and start practicing because there is a lot more to it than getting in shape.
    Learning how to pose and in physique learning how to present and give the "stage presence" across is a thing you must practice daily.

Robbie likes this.
  4. LittleChris

LittleChris Competitor

Treating the skin? How do you do this?

Con likes this.
  5. Porky

Porky Committee brofessor Top Contributor

Chris never read a GQ

Robbie and Guest like this.
  6. Con

Con Moderator

Erm....trick question my up class friend??? lol

It means when you shower you scrub the skin down with a scrubby cloth and a stick with a scrubby piece on the back (so you can reach your back).
    Then you put some creams on and shit like that.
    Makes the skin look much better.
    Sorry I don't know actual names for them, my wife gets them for me and they make a hell of a difference!

Like the OP's back will look loads better if he scrubs it down.
    I am 100% certain.
    It takes time though you can't just do it a few days post show and expect for it to be fixed.

Eddie 1977 likes this.
  7. roy@/_

roy@/_ Mr Intensity 2017 Top Contributor

What would the competition look like in the bbing class?

I'm thinking physique though bro. Looking really good.

8. Con

Con Moderator

I would imagine based on general guessing that he would make the classic weight limit.
    Could do well there.
    Physique really is a genetic game. Meaning you either have the look or you don't imo.

Eddie 1977 and roy@/_ like this.
  9. kaseyelliott95

kaseyelliott95

I want to do the bodybuilding never been into physique really just don't want to get dwarfed on stage so feedback is make hamstrings a priority and take better care of my skin

Con likes this.
  10. Con

Con Moderator

Good man :-)

When doing hamstring curls try pointing your toes away from your shins to disengage the calves. Also do them one leg at a time, or alternate reps left leg then right leg. Hamstrings tend to lag because people end up using their low back to do most of the work!

Matty and plod like this.
  11. kaseyelliott95

kaseyelliott95

Cheers mate do you think i should I split my leg days up in order to try and focus on them properly

Con likes this.
  12. Con

Con Moderator

I suggest pretty much everyone train legs twice per week.
    I like starting every workout by hitting the hamstrings.
    If nothing else it's a great warm up for the knees and legs in general.

plod, Robbie and Leviathan like this.
  13. kaseyelliott95

kaseyelliott95

Okay mate ill start hitting hamstrings first then see if i can get them up to par I've got about 15 weeks till the show do you think I'll be ready?

14. Leviathan

Leviathan Competitor

X2 on what @Con has said regarding training hams first...mine have come on leaps and bounds since incorporating this to my leg training

Plus i find it helps getting the knees warm for quad work after :)

noel likes this.
  15. noel

noel Moderator

As been said you need a look for physique, skin, hair, teeth etc, tiny waist , good arms and a strong stage presence - watch some (NOT pro) and see... BB or Classic you could do but need to be miles leaner for any of them - first time out just get lean - pick a class and practice then get some stage time and see where you fit and what you enjoy. In some ways these days Mens Physique is harder as you have to fit the role perfectly, will be up against a strong line up of very conditioned guys and there isn't usually much between them (as despite the digs its now a very very competitive division)..... you cant train for the look so much, sure you can add muscle or get leaner but if you cant pull off the imagine that's sought it wont matter much - wheres in other classes you can improve muscle or condition and move up placings in a bit more of a linear fashion

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Leviathan likes this.