Who Competes And What Age Did You Start?

Stokesy

As per the title.
After being away from bodybuilding for 7 years and getting back into training in April this year just wondering what age people entered their first competition or if anyone on here competes?

How old is to old to go after that dream of being on stage?

How old is to old to go after that dream of being on stage?

Never too old if you wanna go through that level of pain and misery dieting down, but, I've never understood the allure and fascination with competing under the spotlights tbh.

Most of my mates did it, they all regretted it, but one of them managed to build a successful personal trainer venture from competing coz he won a title in his class.

Why d'ya wanna compete buddy? Are you not happy being a big/strong fooker?

Never competed in bodybuilding but did some powerlifting in late 20’s and boxed before that

Cant beat a bit of competitive sport imo

This will make people laugh but I’ve been watching a lot of arm wrestling lately and have thought about giving it a go

Never competed in bodybuilding but did some powerlifting in late 20’s and boxed before that

This will make people laugh but I’ve been watching a lot of arm wrestling lately and have thought about giving it a go
v319i1krk0dz.jpg

Competed in BB when I was 26, qualified for the British in my first show but decided not to do it. Was mentally fucked and decided the sacrifice wasn’t for me. I loved looking like I did and being on stage but the journey to get there took too much out of me and personal relationships suffered too much.

Never too old if you wanna go through that level of pain and misery dieting down, but, I've never understood the allure and fascination with competing under the spotlights tbh.

Most of my mates did it, they all regretted it, but one of them managed to build a successful personal trainer venture from competing coz he won a title in his class.

Its not for everybody, a lot of people like to talk about competing but most never will because its too hard if you actually wanna be competitive on stage
Its harder for amateurs than pros as when you're in those final few weeks and have less than zero energy you've still gotta go about your daily business
But some people love to push themselves and enjoy the challenge
For me, I thought that I put a lot of time, effort and discipline into looking and feeling good then why not take it to the next level

I've always trained and stayed fit but I didn't start bodybuilding till I was 32
Competed in and won my first show when I was 36
Learnt a lot and made a lot of mistakes and always said I'd do it again at some point to rectify those mistakes
Competed twice this year in masters o40s and placed 2nd and 3rd
Very happy with the end result as I only decided I was doing the shows less than 6 weeks out, hardest thing I've put myself through but great sense of achievement
Made good improvements but still think I could be better so its always in the back of my mind I'd do it again

Been watching arm wrestling for years. Watch the documentary called Pulling John on YouTube it’s class

My uncle competed and so I always had a fascination with it from a young age… Was just on my mind last night.

Getting ripped would be too much of a struggle for me like haha

Competed in BB when I was 26, qualified for the British in my first show but decided not to do it. Was mentally fucked and decided the sacrifice wasn’t for me. I loved looking like I did and being on stage but the journey to get there took too much out of me and personal relationships suffered too much.
Is that because of steroids that was messing your head and relationships up or the sheer fact you had to dedicate so much time to it?

Its not for everybody, a lot of people like to talk about competing but most never will because its too hard if you actually wanna be competitive on stage
Its harder for amateurs than pros as when you're in those final few weeks and have less than zero energy you've still gotta go about your daily business
But some people love to push themselves and enjoy the challenge
For me, I thought that I put a lot of time, effort and discipline into looking and feeling good then why not take it to the next level

I've always trained and stayed fit but I didn't start bodybuilding till I was 32
Competed in and won my first show when I was 36
Learnt a lot and made a lot of mistakes and always said I'd do it again at some point to rectify those mistakes
Competed twice this year in masters o40s and placed 2nd and 3rd
Very happy with the end result as I only decided I was doing the shows less than 6 weeks out, hardest thing I've put myself through but great sense of achievement
Made good improvements but still think I could be better so its always in the back of my mind I'd do it again
Class mate!

59 now did my first show at 18 prob done bout thirty shows in that time won a few lost a few just had two years out but next year with covid ect im going to do a couple shows the main one being for my 60th in november prob be my last one but i will see what i can bring at 60 years of age ,

Is that because of steroids that was messing your head and relationships up or the sheer fact you had to dedicate so much time to it?

The steroids weren’t messing with my head it can just become a very selfish lifestyle. I found I became obsessed and everything else came secondary to my training, food and posing. That’s not to say it can’t be done in a balanced way, it’s just at that point in my life I didn’t find a balance.

Back