• TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.

Who's Using Insulin Atm

I am going to start with 4iu novolog R pre workout and go from there.
I am only looking for the muscle breakdown inhibition I would ASSUME that 4iu will do that sufficiently.

Did a fair bit of reading a while back and amino availability was always the bottleneck vs slin dosage (iirc most reading was on burns victims with amino infusion + slin).

Add to that @Joshua also subscribed to lower doses and higher amino's had me sold.

Not sure how it went tbh but did a good month of multi day jabs c4-6IU with lots of aminos (honestly cant remember how much but used bcaas perhaps 40g) between meals. Made decent composition changes but perhaps didnt make a huge difference as diet was tight, hard to tell.

So yeah, i would also assume that 4iu is sufficient for your purposes.

Reactions: Con
Been thinking about it but bf is to high atm

Maybe in another 12 weeks I'll do a mild dose and see how it effects me

Never used before but Has always fascinated me

I'm extremely insulin sensitive even cinnamon with breakfast will send me hypo lol

be interested to try post current diet - when very very lean to use to add some muscle - alongside GH etc.....

Reactions: Con
Yeah that was scary haha

Been off AAS for almost 5 weeks now but using insulin and pharma gh pre and post workout as an experiment at the moment.
Are you liking it?

I will be starting tomorrow.
Body fat is at 10% via dexa so i think I am lean enough (just about!).
I have gone low in carbs for the past 2 weeks so i am glycogen depleted which will aid in the whole process IMO.

I was reading how Mike Arnold recommends 15iu pre workout.
On the other hand you have Dat saying going over 8iu in one go isnt the way to go.

Are you liking it?

I will be starting tomorrow.
Body fat is at 10% via dexa so i think I am lean enough (just about!).
I have gone low in carbs for the past 2 weeks so i am glycogen depleted which will aid in the whole process IMO.

I was reading how Mike Arnold recommends 15iu pre workout.
On the other hand you have Dat saying going over 8iu in one go isnt the way to go.

Yeah I like insulin, I do worry it makes me fat, but I don't go crazy with it usually. I'm a bit higher than I would usually but I'm trying to see how I react to using pharma high and insulin... I'm doing 1iu of hgh 3x a day and then 10-15iu of insulin pre and 10-15iu post workout.

I've just finished a pen of hgh and I'm now wondering whether its worth cracking another open haha I've only got two left and I think I might save em for when I'm back on. Not sure when I can get more is all.

10% is a good place to start it from! As far as amounts go I always match insulin to carbs rather than carbs to insulin... I see people who usually have say 50g of carbs post workout but then decide on (for example) 15iu insulin and have to raise their carbs... should be the other way. Lower insulin to suit the carbs.

Today was day 1.
I had protein and fats for 2 meals with no carbs.
Then pre workout i went 6iu novolog.
During the next two hours of training (took my time as it was legs and needed to do a lot of stretching) i went through 150g CHO via vitargo along with all the goodies (peptopro, hydro whey, creatine, EAA, greens powders, glutamine, beta alanine, citruline malate and so on).
PWO i had 80g CHO 50g PRO low fat via chicken brown rice and veggies.

All I have to report....the leg pump was sickening I literally couldnt walk properly by the end due to blood filling the muscle.

On another note my training partner puked and then passed out after the first exercise (squats) what a pussy LMAO

Today was day 1.
I had protein and fats for 2 meals with no carbs.
Then pre workout i went 6iu novolog.
During the next two hours of training (took my time as it was legs and needed to do a lot of stretching) i went through 150g CHO via vitargo along with all the goodies (peptopro, hydro whey, creatine, EAA, greens powders, glutamine, beta alanine, citruline malate and so on).
PWO i had 80g CHO 50g PRO low fat via chicken brown rice and veggies.

All I have to report....the leg pump was sickening I literally couldnt walk properly by the end due to blood filling the muscle.

On another note my training partner puked and then passed out after the first exercise (squats) what a pussy LMAO

Haha class! No hypoglycemia or anything? With that many carbs intra workout (is that your normal amount?) Id suggest going up more next session, keep food the same and just go up by 2iu every time until you find your spot.

Or... stick with 6iu and then 6iu after the 2hour mark when you've trained and you have the brown rice meal. You'll be covered still by the vitargo but then the brown rice will mop anything else up.

Best way to use insulin that is - low GI carbs. People ram sugars down and chase the hypoglycaemia which causes another spike which is how people get fat. Use the low GI to ride the exogenous insulin spike.

I've only ever used a coupe of times preWO but just starting to use it for my prep leading into the British. 10iu 30min PreWO
My mum is diabetic so has given me one of her monitors. Not sure when to measure levels ect tho. Any recommendations?
ImageUploadedByT-Muscle1435997541.014986.jpg

I've only ever used a coupe of times preWO but just starting to use it for my prep leading into the British. 10iu 30min PreWO
My mum is diabetic so has given me one of her monitors. Not sure when to measure levels ect tho. Any recommendations?
View attachment 38805

Different times. Morning fasted and then points through the day. Get a rough idea of average of where you are through the day and then every 10 minutes after shooting insulin imo

Haha class! No hypoglycemia or anything? With that many carbs intra workout (is that your normal amount?) Id suggest going up more next session, keep food the same and just go up by 2iu every time until you find your spot.

Or... stick with 6iu and then 6iu after the 2hour mark when you've trained and you have the brown rice meal. You'll be covered still by the vitargo but then the brown rice will mop anything else up.

Best way to use insulin that is - low GI carbs. People ram sugars down and chase the hypoglycaemia which causes another spike which is how people get fat. Use the low GI to ride the exogenous insulin spike.
You know i was SLIGHTLY iffy about the 6iu because i am using novolog which is faster hitting and shorter than lets say humalog or novorapid (the two i have used before).
But sweating my balls off (one of my AC's is broken so its fucking hot in there) and hitting set of squat after set of squat i never noticed any hypo feelings.

100-150g is my normal intra amount because i read that less than 100g doesn't decrease cortisol that well.
Plus over the years when i did use intra shakes i always went all out (used to drink the old xxxl shakes which were 200g sugar 50g whey fuck me did those taste bad!).

When i have such a big intra the rest of my daily carbs still stay in range.
PWO: the 80g CHO via rice and peppers
2 hours after that: fat free greek yogurt, 100g banana, 1 cup blue berries (44p 40c)
Then my final meal was a triple cheese burger (i had to drive 1 hour to return a brand new laptop for a faulty hard drive to get a replacement. Out there i came across a place called burgerfi which is an upscale burger place from Florida where i have never eaten. So i had a triple burger. Which pushed my daily calories to around 3500 calories which is a tad higher than i am trying to keep it at but this AM no scale change so i think it was fine.)

Today i am training at 9am so my only meal before that will have been a scoop of whey in coffee. I will drink the intra shake then go into whole food meals for the rest of the day. (i only woke at 7:45am and 1 hour is not long enough for a whole food meal to digest enough to aid me). So today i will stick at 6iu as i have 4 clients directly after training. Tomorrow i have free time PWO so i may try 6iu pre and 6iu pwo.

I used 10ius pwo but was also on gh, a very strict diet, test tren and mast and was training balls out. I did look great (imo) but certainly couldn't contribute my look to any one factor.

I think it's the usual story that slin is just one piece of the jigsaw, nail everything and yes, improvements will be noticeable in a short time, but take all of the above with too many cheats and only half arsed training sessions and you might as well not bother taking it.

1st post :)

Based on my own experiences of novorapid and actrapid (not used together one for 6 weeks then tried the other) pre workout, the results where dramatic and it makes me think anyone using and not experiencing similar has poor insulin sensitivity or is doing some other key aspect wrong.

Echo all other points on matching dose to your carb allocation not visa versa. I don't really like the approach of tapering carbs down either. I think it's a bit counter in tuitive tbh and is the product of the fear of getting fat....what about the gains though? Intra carbs and aminos are awesome. If your already using the right amount then match the insulin...don't then taper carbs down.

The only thing I would add is that people neglect aminos...don't forget a decent quantity of quality aminos.

My preference intra at the moment is 100 - 120g hbcd and 60g pepto pro berry flavour.

Maintain insulin sensitivity is also key for me. Sensitisers, mimetics, carb choices and timing all that good stuff.

Next step for me is lantus...I have 4500 iu I'm the fridge ready to go. Need some more gh to go with it and to be a load leaner first.

Next year realistically.

7ish iu today not 6 but not quite 8.
Food ended up being
M1: 1 scoop whey, 1 serving ff greek yogurt, 200g banana
Intra: 40g PRO 150g CHO
PWO: 80g CHO 55g PRO via chicken and brown rice
2 hours after: 40p 40c 3f via mixed protein shake and banana

Training went well no hypo's.
I pulled 500lb for 13 quick reps from the floor and could have done several more BUT my low back has been iffy and a training partner had just hurt his back on his set 1 minute previous so I played it safe! (I intend on using my texas deadlift bar and trying for 20 in the upcoming weeks. Obviously I will film this glorious set and spam it all over the interweb if it becomes reality lol)
Hammer pull downs x3
Seal rows x3
Behind head pull downs x3
BB shrugs x3
Seated DB curls x3
Preacher machine x3
Hammer curls x1 (forearm played up)
Reps on all sets 12+ and in some cases over 20.
Great pump!
Now hours later I feel flat and sucked down.
I think the insulin along with high volume depletes me strongly even with close to 300g CHO.

I am enjoying this experiment.
Bodybuilding is about small factors over the long haul.
So if pre workout insulin stops a slight bit of muscle breakdown and stores some extra nitrogen over the long haul this could mean losing much less size.
I am looking to keep my muscle mass where it's at (I am a full Light heavy atm) over the next 6 months.
I got through the first critical 4 weeks where catabolism is at its highest due to the higher cortisol so hopefully I maintain this all.

1st post :)

Based on my own experiences of novorapid and actrapid (not used together one for 6 weeks then tried the other) pre workout, the results where dramatic and it makes me think anyone using and not experiencing similar has poor insulin sensitivity or is doing some other key aspect wrong.

Echo all other points on matching dose to your carb allocation not visa versa. I don't really like the approach of tapering carbs down either. I think it's a bit counter in tuitive tbh and is the product of the fear of getting fat....what about the gains though? Intra carbs and aminos are awesome. If your already using the right amount then match the insulin...don't then taper carbs down.

The only thing I would add is that people neglect aminos...don't forget a decent quantity of quality aminos.

My preference intra at the moment is 100 - 120g hbcd and 60g pepto pro berry flavour.

Maintain insulin sensitivity is also key for me. Sensitisers, mimetics, carb choices and timing all that good stuff.

Next step for me is lantus...I have 4500 iu I'm the fridge ready to go. Need some more gh to go with it and to be a load leaner first.

Next year realistically.

Welcome :)

Back