• TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.

Work Drug Test

What is the job?

Can you post a pic of the list?

I work in a safety critical environment and I get random tests, but it’s only for the standard 7 panel.

I have been on steroids, Tramadol and z-meds for sleep and never had an issue.....touch wood...so far.

I don’t take benzos though as they stay in your system and will flag up a positive test.

What is the job?

Can you post a pic of the list?

I work in a safety critical environment and I get random tests, but it’s only for the standard 7 panel.

I have been on steroids, Tramadol and z-meds for sleep and never had an issue.....touch wood...so far.

I don’t take benzos though as they stay in your system and will flag up a positive test.

Can’t mate it’s tomorrow, they just spring it on you, gave me 4 days notice

As said all the reccys are on there, codeine, tramadol and loads of other ones I can’t even pronounce

But steroids is definitely on there

There must be close to 20 on the list

Can’t mate it’s tomorrow, they just spring it on you, gave me 4 days notice

As said all the reccys are on there, codeine, tramadol and loads of other ones I can’t even pronounce

But steroids is definitely on there

There must be close to 20 on the list

Shit! Sorry, don’t really know what your options are. Steroids are an usual one to test for.

I had a saliva swab test at my workplace and tested positive for opiates.

I had taken codine prescribed by doctor.

however you can get it otc as codine is in nurofen plus I think it is and tbh not many people know that unless they have read the packet.. I was unaware personally anyway thought it was prescribed only

tramadol shows up as it's opiate based.

Pseudo ephedrine in some cough medicine and anti allergy tablets/blocked nose tabs shows as a amphetamine

if you test positive for any substance they HAVE to give you the option of resigning from your position voluntarily OR a second sample being sent to a laboratory for testing.

if they find it is a tablet prescribed/something otc then you would be reinstated etc

obviously if not it will be on your job record and you won' be able to use that employer as a reference which is no good for the long term situation.

Someone at my work failed for THC. they requested the sample to be sent to the laboratory for a second test.. which was then lost in the post as it is not sent tracked/recorded delivery

they were then reinstated after being off for weeks on full pay as they couldn't prove they had taken anything due to no positive 2nd sample

The problem with a urine test is you can request privacy whilst you do it so you could tamper the sample... this is why my work do not do this. plus the added cost for the testing.

There were 5 drug types tested for. Ketamine was not on it so no idea why as people could take it and come to work and never get caught!

yes I'm aware other drugs alter your state of mind including steroids but to what degree is the difference.

with regards to steroids on a urine test I'm not sure how it works.. I have looked into it before and detection time varys alot depending where you look for the information.. I know the detection time is alot longer for a urine test than saliva swab... but can depend on type of test

so you could take the test and hope for the best you may well pass it. if not like I said you should get the option to resign or send for a further analysis.

infact they sprung random tests on everyone in my work few months back.. one lad walked out said he was unwell stayed off work for 2 or 3 days as he had been on the sniff the night before..

But they could not sack him he got a warning for not telling a member of staff where he went but he has kept his job and when he took the test when he came back in work he obviously passed it.

as @doink said if they test for it you'll have to stop using steroids totally or find another job depending what you want to do..

they will fire out random tests so you won' be able to beat the test.

Last edited:
Standard urine test and what my company look for.
Declare any OTC meds

Some people will be unaware some otc meds actually contain a drug which would show a false positive..

some cough medicine and anti allergy tabs contain pseudo ephedrine - amphetamine

Nurofen plus (one of them) has codine in - false positive for opiates.

same as tramadol.

so you don't HAVE to declare as if you were unware which most people would be it gets a secondary analysis at lab.

so unless you knew you had taken something you shouldn't that''s the only time you wouldn't request the 2nd retest of the sample

come off

or find a private doc immediately who will write you a script for TRT test...plenty in London will ,so got to imagine any private clinic will do so around the country especially "anti aging" - that way you can cover the test in the system OR you stop , and go sick as Doink said. Cost you a few sheets but covers your career so a small price

luckily your on a low ish dose so assuming this isn't week one of your Cruise after 3g of Tren and Deca you should be fine with a couple of weeks sick......

as for getting bigger - no ones business. It will depend on whats on your contract re drug testing as to what they can and cant do.

Back