Worlds Strongest Man Opening Show

Didn't dare read this thread til I'd watched the final!! Great line up and great show. Very sad watching Mike Jenkins knowing his fate, very silly of loz to show boat, he'd have done well in the final.

Last edited:
Didn't dare read this thread til I'd watched the final!! Great line up and great show. Very sad watching Mike Jenkins knowing his fate, very sill of loz to show boat, he'd have done well in the final.

Agree. His ego got in the way big time. not sure if he went before or after Ed (I know on the TV it was before) but that doesn't necessarily mean he went before him on the day. And you know he loves the "ive never been beaten in a squat event in WSM"

Bloody egos on a lot of em now, old tez claiming he was still britains strongest man based on fact he pulled up injured and so even though Loz won it shouldnt count lol, they apparently had a barny about this on twitter or some bollocks and tez went off on one....then it magically all got deleted pmsl.

Love the internet. Haha.

Posted using TMuscle App

Bloody egos on a lot of em now, old tez claiming he was still britains strongest man based on fact he pulled up injured and so even though Loz won it shouldnt count lol, they apparently had a barny about this on twitter or some bollocks and tez went off on one....then it magically all got deleted pmsl.

Love the internet. Haha.

Posted using TMuscle App

I think a lot of these guys get a lot of smoke blown up their arse. Once you've been exposed to it for a while you may start to belive it.

Would like to know what the crack is between Terry and Loz. Watching the events from this year it seems that Loz is willing to forgive and forget but Terry's having none of it!

As for Brian Shaw, I think he comes across so modestly especially for a yank! Seems like a top bloke and a true gentle giant. Nice to see him take the title again, big Z just didn't look on his usual form for the final (apart from the overhead medley) Shaw definitely made the dead his own though!

Posted using TMuscle App

i think brian shaw is modest and a true gent in an age when most professional sportsman are egotistical cnuts,a.truly deserving winner !!

i think brian shaw is modest and a true gent in an age when most professional sportsman are egotistical cnuts,a.truly deserving winner !!

I think Brian comes over well but (in a way not too dissimilar to Roger Federer!), while he's down to earth he does likes to slip in the fact he's the best a fair bit!

I think Brian comes over well but (in a way not too dissimilar to Roger Federer!), while he's down to earth he does likes to slip in the fact he's the best a fair bit!
very true he does.
in the same way as roger federer:lol:

Very sad - watched the final but was hard to watch knowing Mike Jenkins has passed.

RIP BIG MAN

In all fairness reference Brian Shaw's eagerness to tell us he's the best. He is the best and if any of you out were the best in the world at anything I think you'd be telling everyone and rightly so. I would imagine Brian feels he deserves a little pat on his massive back.
I reckon as has been said before, he is a top bloke. Plus he beat Phil Heath in a free throw shoot out.

Would like to know what the crack is between Terry and Loz. Watching the events from this year it seems that Loz is willing to forgive and forget but Terry's having none of it!

Posted using TMuscle App

I reckon it's to do with Loz saying he's Britains best strongman, and is he bollocks Hollands always gets through to the final and always beats loz in wsm, loz wouldn't have even got through to the final this year even if he didn't pull out injured, plus he competes under Iran in the champions league, it like a English footballer playing for France in euro championships then playing for England in the World Cup.

I reckon it's to do with Loz saying he's Britains best strongman, and is he bollocks Hollands always gets through to the final and always beats loz in wsm, loz wouldn't have even got through to the final this year even if he didn't pull out injured, plus he competes under Iran in the champions league, it like a English footballer playing for France in euro championships then playing for England in the World Cup.

I think it was an issue arising a couple of years ago when there where 3 'British Strongest Man' comps, Loz won 2, terry won one and Loz claimed - Legitimately IMO that he was BSM and it all got a bit handbags at dawn.

There's probably more to it than that.

Back