Wow, I've Let Myself Go!

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Hobbio, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Hobbio

Hobbio Very extremely fat Full Member

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Backstory - I used to train, but stopped. Now I am fat, very very asthmatic, borderline diabetic and almost the same age my brother was when he died.

Pros- I stopped smoking about 7 months ago and have no desire to go back. I don't drink or do rec drugs any more either.

Cons - My asthma is the worst it's ever been, and I even ended up in hospital with it on nebs a couple of weeks ago. I'm 102kg at 174cm, which really is disgustingly fat. The fat is not helping my breathing either. I've never been less confident about my appearance.

Short term goals - Get my fat levels down so I'm no longer closer to a pork scratching than a human. Improve my fitness in general and breathing in particular. Start getting a bit of strength back. Stop being a slob!

Medium term goals - Get some definition about me, so I get my confidence back. Get more mobility and flexibility. Start having to buy new clothes because my old ones no longer fit.

Long term goals - Start looking like a fucking bodybuilder. Be fitter, healthier and stronger than most other people around me.

I'm eating clean now, high protein and fats, low carb. Aiming for sub 50g of carbs per day. Already cut out bread, sugar, crisps etc. Feeling a bit shit right now but I know it'll pass. I got back in the gym today, but only for a bit of gentle cardio. I'm back tomorrow for the weights. I'm thinking full body initially, and as I'm weak as a kitten and unsure of my breathing I'll probs stick to machines at first.

Comments, insights, piss-taking etc all welcomed! I've got real motivation this time round, the sort you only get when you've never been closer to death and you want to see your kid grow up!

GHO, JB, Greedy Ben and 4 others like this.

2. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Lets see how fat ya look

@Raisin loves fattys

Raisin and Porky like this.
  3. Hobbio

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Best I can do right now. It's not easy uploading this here, I can tell you.
    20181205_202129.jpg

JB and Greedy Ben like this.
  4. Reacher

Reacher Top Contributor

meh...

I've seen fatter

bertos and LittleLiam like this.
  5. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

6 months of consistency and the changes will be huge.

Hobbio and LittleLiam like this.
  6. Max

Max Competitor

Good on you mate, well done for recognising and changing. If that’s too low carbs don’t worry about having afew high carb days either as that is very low calories. Go easy on yourself.

As for asthma some peppermint and eucalyptus oil mixed to a 5% dilution on chest helps when I feel breathless so maybe worth a go.

In anyway, look forward to the change.

7. Hobbio

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Me too, now I'm making sure I never get to that stage.

I hope so! Consistency has been a problem of mine but my motivation is properly driving me now.

Me too! I'll give that peppermint and eucalyptus thing a go and see if it helps. I'm finding the low carbs ok to stick to as long as I log everything I eat, and I'm getting plenty of fats in. The thing I'm mostly craving is granny smiths apples, oddly enough. I love fruit.

Max likes this.
  8. Max

Max Competitor

Indicative of malic acid pathway dificency. Start supplementing it, will help with your anaerobic respiration and I suspect alleviate your asthma.

9. Hobbio

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I'll look into that for sure.

Max likes this.
  10. Robbie

Robbie Top Contributor

Are you tracking calories? There is some suggestion that when you do keto you can eat as much fat as you like - which is 100% not true.

Also low carb diets aren’t for everyone, consider going for a balance of carbs/protein/fats as your results will be no different to keto and you’ll likely feel much better.

11. Ox_

Ox_ Full Member

Good luck with this bud :)

Hobbio likes this.
  12. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    All the best with this.

Not sure on the keto thing - just control calorie intake and get plenty of non exercises calories in, walk everywhere possible etc.

13. Raisin

Raisin Full Member

@Fatbrah ha ha ha :-) Thats not fat.
    Like you said @Hobbio you’ve just let yourself go a little. If you really want it you can sort yourself out no problem.

valkry van mate, Hobbio and Fatbrah like this.
  14. FATBOY

FATBOY Age is just a number Competitor

not half as bad as you described yourself mate lol low carb will strip you but isn't for everyone ,
    I basically eat high carb and protein but very low fat which suites me,
    you really don't have to suffer to lose body fat mate, allow yourself a cheat meal once a week , as for the apple you could easily have one post workout when your body needs it the most ,
    training wise keep it simple with plenty of cardio even walking first thing in a morning fasted will work for you

Hobbio and Greedy Ben like this.
  15. Hobbio

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Funny you should say that, I've been to the gym this morning for 30 mins fasted cardio. Walking at 3.5mph, variable inclines. Asthma felt fine

I'm generally ok with keto/low carb diets and my body responds well. I'm also tracking calories and making sure I get plenty of veggies and salad into me. I'm not really craving carbs apart from fruit right now.

I also realise that there are plenty bigger than me, but I'm struggling at this weight in so many areas. I waddle when I walk FFS lol.

Weights later for the first time in ages, can't wait!

Greedy Ben, JB and Fatbrah like this.