Wow, I've Let Myself Go!

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Hobbio, Dec 5, 2018 at 8:12 PM.

1. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

U sound like u know what works mate
    I recon ull loose it easily

Robbie and Hobbio like this.

2. Hobbio

Hobbio Very extremely fat Full Member

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I hope so! With me it's always been a "doing" problem rather than a "knowing" problem. I've got proper motivation this time round, for health and self-confidence reasons. Oh, and I split with the wife earlier in the year. Was persuaded to get on Tinder and POF, the only responses I got were from hippocrocopigs. Both profiles hidden now until I can get some better pics up :D

Robbie likes this.
  3. s man

s man Full Member

I wouldn't go keto or low carb just from personnel experience. Let myself really go for a few years a while back and got up to about 24st at worst. Came back down and I'm about 15st10 in my avi and now tend to hover anywhere between there and 17st. Used keto and extremely low carbs in the main and now my body has a habit of hoarding fat on my stomach and love handles. Can literally have vascularity and cuts all over my legs at my heaviest but the stomach grabs it all with big handles, lower back fat and masses around my belly. It also screwed up my metabolism where I have to now diet on 1500-2000 calories to lose a couple of lb a week when I am training 5 days and walking around 5-8 miles a day. The body in my opinion right now is in one extreme and you're going to shock it straight in to another. In hindsight I should have just lowered calories a bit and let everything adjust slowly without eliminating whole food groups or drastically reducing one macro over another and let the training take care of the body recomposition in a much slower time scale.

Hobbio likes this.
  4. Hobbio

Training Log:
    Click Here
    @s man I'll certainly take what you said on board, and keep an eye on it. That said, I know from past experience that my body responds very well to low carb and I hoard fat around my belly anyway lol.

5. Hobbio

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Trained today for the first time in months! As I'm getting back into it, and I've got a few health issues, I'm going with a full body, machines only approach initially. It's the safest option for me, especially as I mainly train alone. The program is one I downloaded for my tracking app.

Leg Press
    10 x 52kg
    10 x 73kg
    10 x 80kg

Calf Press
    14 x 80kg
    14 x 82.5kg
    14 x 86kg

Smith Bench
    10 x 20kg
    10 x 40kg
    10 x 45 kg

Machine Shoulder Press
    10 x 27kg
    10 x 27kg
    10 x 32kg

Cable Seated Row
    10 x 25kg
    10 x 32kg
    10 x 39kg

Machine Triceps Extension
    10 x 27kg
    10 x 29kg
    9 x 32kg (failure)

Ab Crunch Machine
    12 x 27kg
    12 x 32kg
    12 x 41kg

Overall, I felt weak as a kitten. I could probably have done more with my legs and the cable rows, and the only reason I used the ab machine is because it's part of the program and I didn't want to blank anything. Asthma felt fine, breathing was fine. It felt good to be back even though I'm basically a beginner again.

bertos and Raisin like this.
  6. JB

JB KFC Sponsored Athlete Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    just seen this Hobbio good look with the transformation, i think with regular exercise / training with a half decent diet you'll see changes pretty quickly.

Fatbrah, Robbie and Hobbio like this.
  7. Raisin

Raisin Full Member

Definitely use this as motivation mate

Hobbio and Fatbrah like this.
  8. Hobbio

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Got 30 mins cardio in today. Asthma feels a lot better already. Weighed in at 95.5kg this morning, I know it's water weight but it's still good to see.

Just under 2700kcals yesterday, under 42g carbs. Should finish up today on similar kcals with slightly lower carbs. Slight carb cravings but nothing I can't handle, and besides, if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

9. Hobbio

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Ok, a few too many kcals today. Ended up on just under 3k. Carbs at 43g.

As of tomorrow I'm aiming for around 2000 kcals. Time to reduce portion sizes.

JB likes this.
  10. Hobbio

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I'm on 1850 kcals today - 45g carbs, 143g pro, 120g fat. No cardio as had work and my daughter. I've got room for a handful of almonds if I neeeeeed them later.

11. Robbie

Robbie Top Contributor

Why have you dropped 1000 calories a day?

12. Hobbio

Training Log:
    Click Here
    That's how it worked out. I should have been around 2700 for maintenance but I was eating a bit much anyway. I was aiming to reduce intake to around 2k but hunger dictated I only got 1850 in.

I need to lose fat, but I'm not carrying the same level of muscle as you guys so I don't need to worry so much about conserving it as the fat comes off.

13. Robbie

Robbie Top Contributor

If 2700 is maintenance then drop 500 from that, it’s not just about preserving muscle it’s about making your diet something you can do long term.

Hobbio likes this.
  14. Hobbio

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I just didn't feel hungry, so I didn't eat. I hear what you're saying for sure, I'm not planning on torturing myself.

15. Max

Max Competitor

Agreed keep the ceiling high so it can come down in time. Might feel like you’re over eating but it’s better for the longevity of the diet and metabolism.