Wow, I've Let Myself Go!

I get what you both mean a bit better now.

2250 kcals today. 61g carbs, 197g pro, 134g fats.

11g over on carbs today, basically it's because I had some strawberries. I'm not beating myself up about it because my previous diet was 50% Maccy's 50% KFC lol.

Trained today -

Standing Calf Raises
14 x 60kg
14 x 70kg
14 x 80kg

Leg Extensions
12 x 32kg
12 x 45kg
12 x 52kg

Machine Incline Chest Press
10 x 32kg
10 x 41kg
10 x 50kg

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
12 x 32kg
10 x 39kg
10 x 45kg

Smith Shoulder Press
10 x 20kg
10 x 30kg
9 x 30kg (failure)

Machine Bicep Curls
12 x 14kg
10 x 18kg

Stopped there as I banged my side against the machine and it was painful to get into position. No real harm done I think, but best to be safe as I'm basically untrained at this point. Should be fine for Wednesday's session. I might start upping the volume a bit from then too depending on how I feel.

Fell off diet a bit today - 2847 kcals total, 72g carbs, 190g pro, 189g fat. Basically, I had a pitta and a handful of chips after training alongside my dinner but I caught myself before I went to total shit. I'll regain focus tomorrow, and actually it doesn't look too bad now I've written it down. Still 22g over on the carbs though so deffo work to do on my willpower.

Trained today -

Standing Calf Raises
14 x 60kg
14 x 70kg
14 x 80kg

Leg Extensions
12 x 32kg
12 x 45kg
12 x 52kg

Machine Incline Chest Press
10 x 32kg
10 x 41kg
10 x 50kg

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
12 x 32kg
10 x 39kg
10 x 45kg

Smith Shoulder Press
10 x 20kg
10 x 30kg
9 x 30kg (failure)

Machine Bicep Curls
12 x 14kg
10 x 18kg

Stopped there as I banged my side against the machine and it was painful to get into position. No real harm done I think, but best to be safe as I'm basically untrained at this point. Should be fine for Wednesday's session. I might start upping the volume a bit from then too depending on how I feel.

Fell off diet a bit today - 2847 kcals total, 72g carbs, 190g pro, 189g fat. Basically, I had a pitta and a handful of chips after training alongside my dinner but I caught myself before I went to total shit. I'll regain focus tomorrow, and actually it doesn't look too bad now I've written it down. Still 22g over on the carbs though so deffo work to do on my willpower.

Nice work don’t beat yourself up I always give myself two weeks easy transition into a full swing and that’s plenty leeway to allow for minor error

Food today - 2142 kcals - 50g carbs, 179g pro, 137g fat - 3l water

My training buddy is almost recovered from some abdominal surgery he had, he's been back in the gym this week and as of next week we'll be training together. Our schedules don't always match up so I'll still train on my own a fair bit, but it'll be good to have a few sessions together. I'll be going to a push/pull/legs split from Monday, sticking with the full body until then.

Trained today -

Seated Leg Curl
12 x 25kg
12 x 39kg

Leg Press
12 x 59kg
12 x 86kg

Wide Stance Leg Press
10 x 93kg

Machine Fly
10 x 18kg
10 x 27kg
12 x 32kg
10 x 45kg

Assisted Pull Up
8 x 50kg assistance
8 x 54kg assistance

Standing Calf Raises
14 x 80kg
14 x 90kg
14 x 100kg

Barbell Shrug
10 x 20kg
8 x 25kg
8 x 35kg
10 x 45kg

Close Grip Cable Curl
10 x 10kg
10 x 18kg
10 x 25kg

Cable Tri Pushdown
10 x 10kg
10 x 18.5kg
10 x 25kg

Food - 2628kcals - 54g carbs, 222g pro, 172g fats - 2.5l water although I'll probably get a bit more in before bed.

I started to feel a little pain in my right knee on the curls, so I switched to the leg press and everything was fine. Pull ups have always been a problem for me, even with assistance, and I had to increase the help after the first set. Really need to work on this! Carbs slightly over 50g as I had an apple with my pwo shake.

Ill yesterday and today, was up in the night throwing my ringpiece up. Just concentrating on getting plenty of fluids into me.

Been chatting to a mate, he's in decent nick and he took a look at me. He said I could keep doing what I'm doing, or I could take advantage of the fact my body is already used to taking in calories and train for size. He said that as long as I monitored what I'm taking in I should be able to get a little leaner as I do it, and the more muscle I gain the more fat I'll lose.

He also floated the idea of running a cycle. He said either get some clen, winny and anavar if I really want to keep cutting and I'll get stronger and leaner a lot faster, or run a test and deca cycle for size, maybe with some d-bol in there too. I dunno. I ran one cycle years ago, test and d-bol, and although I put on a fair bit of muscle and got a lot stronger I was eating really dirty and I gained a ton of fat too, fat that's still with me I think. The idea of getting stronger, leaner and more muscular a lot more quickly is really appealing though, especially now I'm in my 40's and my natural test production must be slowing down.

I'm confused.

Last edited:
Ill yesterday and today, was up in the night throwing my ringpiece up. Just concentrating on getting plenty of fluids into me.

Been chatting to a mate, he's in decent nick and he took a look at me. He said I could keep doing what I'm doing, or I could take advantage of the fact my body is already used to taking in calories and train for size. He said that as long as I monitored what I'm taking in I should be able to get a little leaner as I do it, and the more muscle I gain the more fat I'll lose.

He also floated the idea of running a cycle. He said either get some clen, winny and anavar if I really want to keep cutting and I'll get stronger and leaner a lot faster, or run a test and deca cycle for size, maybe with some d-bol in there too. I dunno. I ran one cycle years ago, test and d-bol, and although I put on a fair bit of muscle and got a lot stronger I was eating really dirty and I gained a ton of fat too, fat that's still with me I think. The idea of getting stronger, leaner and more muscular a lot more quickly is really appealing though, especially now I'm in my 40's and my natural test production must be slowing down.

I'm confused.

Get lean before considering a cycle mate.
Use these next 10/12 weeks to lose a good chunk of fat and get to 15% then see how you feel, certainly a low dose test and some var would be great just keep it reasonable and stick to what you want to attain.

Wouldn’t bother mate just look at me I’m fat ish [emoji23][emoji23] but always got decent strength levels

Yeah, I think you're all correct. There are no shortcuts.

Okaaayyy...

Those who said low carb wasn't necessarily the best idea... you were right and I was wrong. I'm having problems sticking to it, and then when I'm over 50g it's hard not to just say fuck it and eat whatever. It worked for me before, but there are some significant differences in my life from then to now. The biggest ones are work and family. I'm on my feet all day now, with no set breaks. I also have to remain positive and look happy to earn my money (I sell cars). In addition, I no longer live with my daughter and she stays with me twice a week. I was flagging at work a lot, and I couldn't break through the miserable-bastard barrier by getting into ketosis and staying there and then I couldn't eat with my daughter when she was with me. I really missed cooking for us both, which was leading to missed time talking over food as well as more fast food for her because I didn't have anything in she'd want to eat.

I've rejigged things now, I'm shooting for just under 2600 kcals made up of 148g carbs, 298g pro, 54g fat. I'm still going to be choosing good fat and carb sources, as well as getting plenty of veggies and salad in. I'll be able to eat fruit too, which I missed way more than I thought I would.

I hate being wrong, but sometimes you've just got to hold your hands up.

low carb is very effective but people have said its not for everyone ,
I use high carb very low fat , you could still stay low carb on rest days and I don't take carbs before bed I have egg whites and a spoon of peanut butter , basically fat and protein ,

As for cooking for your daughter keep it healthy , my kids always loved salmon and rice or chicken based meals good for her as well .

preparation is the key when you are working prep meals a day in advance , take meals with you we went cinema sat night my missis had loads of shit I took my chicken and rice lol just becomes the way you eat rather than a diet

My girl loves chicken and rice, and she'll eat broccoli and carrots with no drama too :thumb:

Trained legs today, moving to a push/pull/legs split

Squat - all weights plus bar
8 x bar only
8 x 20kg
8 x 30kg
8 x 30kg

Stiff Leg Deadlift
8 x 20kg plus bar

Leg Press
8 x 83kg
8 x 103kg
8 x 123kg

Seated Leg Curl
12 x 32kg
12 x 45kg

Standing Calf Raise
10 x 90kg

And that was me done. I feel so fucking weak right now, 30kg squats did me! I felt my lower back a lot on the SLDL, not sure if it was down to poor form, lack of training or both. Either way, I stopped after 1 set. I might switch them out for romanians next leg day, at least until I get some flexibility back. Leg press was done on the plate loader, it's so much better than the horizontal machine. Really felt my knee on the curls again, I just don't think I'm built to fit the machine so I'll find an alternative going forward. 1 set of calf raises and that was me ruined.

There's a really big difference between my squat and leg press.

Food - 1957kcals - 164g pro, 171 carbs, 93 fat. I'll get a shake down me before bed too. Macros a bit off but I'm using up the food I bought for low carb so fat will be a bit higher for a while. I'll still be tracking total kcals though.

Reactions: JB
My girl loves chicken and rice, and she'll eat broccoli and carrots with no drama too :thumb:

Trained legs today, moving to a push/pull/legs split

Squat - all weights plus bar
8 x bar only
8 x 20kg
8 x 30kg
8 x 30kg

Stiff Leg Deadlift
8 x 20kg plus bar

Leg Press
8 x 83kg
8 x 103kg
8 x 123kg

Seated Leg Curl
12 x 32kg
12 x 45kg

Standing Calf Raise
10 x 90kg

And that was me done. I feel so fucking weak right now, 30kg squats did me! I felt my lower back a lot on the SLDL, not sure if it was down to poor form, lack of training or both. Either way, I stopped after 1 set. I might switch them out for romanians next leg day, at least until I get some flexibility back. Leg press was done on the plate loader, it's so much better than the horizontal machine. Really felt my knee on the curls again, I just don't think I'm built to fit the machine so I'll find an alternative going forward. 1 set of calf raises and that was me ruined.

There's a really big difference between my squat and leg press.

Food - 1957kcals - 164g pro, 171 carbs, 93 fat. I'll get a shake down me before bed too. Macros a bit off but I'm using up the food I bought for low carb so fat will be a bit higher for a while. I'll still be tracking total kcals though.

Start a mobility routine mate. From tomorrow infact before training for me.
Surya namaskar yoga is a good one.

I'll look into it.

Another asthma attack yesterday and last night. I don't think I'll have any opportunity to train until after Christmas now, maybe Sunday but only if I've got everything else done.

Back