Your Typical Shoulder Workout?

Trick I learnt from watching a few videos of Paul George and Paul Booth is to sit on the end of the bench, and have feet placed at the other end. Absolutely no room for body movement then.

You also need to ensure that you little finger leads with this exercise, so thumb down to the floor and little pinky to the ceiling....very strict! if you can get you training partner to stick their knee in you back then even better!

Overhead DB Press
Leaning Side Laterals
Incline Front Barbell Raises
Reverse PecDeck
Smith Machine Presses

Well I'm back from training shoulders tis morning and I tried seated military press but felt it in the front delts more than when I go behind the head. I then tried Prodivers single arm side laterals and my side delts exploded! Superb exercise and I only used a 5kg dumbbell to concentrate on form.

I'm going to drop my seated press to 4 sets, 2 behind the head and 2 to the front. Then 4 sets of single arm laterals.

I#d try the side laterals leaning on a wall or something solid with your other shoulder, it eliminates the possibility of swinging.

I'm using 12kgs at the minute for 4 sets of 6 reps, hopefully gonna get up to the 14s soon, but it's defo an exercise where you're not gonna bo going uber heavy.

Definitely helping build the shoulders as i wear shirts to work and i've noticed the sleeves have been getting shorter lately!

Well i'll be trying Prodivers method starting tommorow. Looking forward for it.

this my shoulder routine

does anyone think its too much

military press x4
dumbbell lateral raise x3
behind the back cable lateral raise x3
bent over cable lateral raise x3
facepull x3
barbell shrugs x4
dumbell shrugs x3

Looks like too much to me BUT if your shoulders improve from each workout like this then keep doing it!

You also need to ensure that you little finger leads with this exercise, so thumb down to the floor and little pinky to the ceiling....very strict! if you can get you training partner to stick their knee in you back then even better!

Tried the finger yesterday and so small a change certainly adds a whole new feel to the exercise. :)

Looks like too much to me BUT if your shoulders improve from each workout like this then keep doing it!

They're ok but not progressing as well as I think they should be

I'm thinking about cutting back by 4 sets......

Cutting back works great as does making sure you keep the muscle under tension for 45-60 seconds.
So no short explosive sets.

Cutting back works great as does making sure you keep the muscle under tension for 45-60 seconds.
So no short explosive sets.

Probably do this

Military press x4
Side laterals x4
Bent over cable x4

And no 6 rep sets :sad:

For rear delts, nothing hits mine like snatch grip BO rows

I dont have a 'shoulder day' per se. Do some pressing, side raises on Bench day, Rows on DL day. Hit it all eventually.

Back