1. UGM acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

UGM does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on UGM or its messaging systems.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Like Modafinil?

Discussion in 'Performance Enhancing Drugs' started by Big ian, May 26, 2020.

1. Big ian

Big ian Elite Member

so bought some a while back on a bit of a whim as I’d heard of people using them as like a non stimmy pre workout but then thought I was stupid buying them as I train about 6pm at the absolute earliest and thought I’d have troubles getting to sleep. Although I don’t have issues with using eph etc at that time and then sleeping this stuff is different isn’t it and students use it for all nighters and stuff so must have a well long half life.

Anyway I just remembered I have them in my stash and as I’m furloughed I can train whenever I want. So I took 200mg (2 tabs the recommended dose) at 12pm, worked out at 2pm, had a really good workout actually, basically did as advertised, really focussed, thought this is decent.

Well anyway, as you can see, it’s 5am and I’ve been lying in bed for 4hrs now and can I fuck get any sleep! Not had this much problems getting to sleep since I took an original dhacks t5+ for the very first time when I opened the post at tea time, jesus they were mental! Normally drop off within about 10-15mins.

Mrs got the painters in so even less chance of a fuck than normal aswell, even cracked two off to try and knock myself out. Well pissing me off, may just have to give up and get up in a minute :mad: how the hell do people use this stuff for workouts!!??

Mass Monster and mick_the_brick like this.
  2. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

Might be an age thing too mate lmao ;)

Sorry no experience of the med

Big ian likes this.
  3. Big ian

Big ian Elite Member

There’s alwayyyyyssss one isn’t there! :rolleyes:

mick_the_brick likes this.
  4. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

Can't really help with the Modafinil mate but I do remember the old ECA stacks, I used the normal recommended doses at 8am, 12pm and 4 pm, and still wide awake at 10pm, knocked it down to the two at 8am and 12pm, better , but not much, so just did the 8am , again, better but still had issues with it.

Eventually I just came to the conclusion that I must have been quite sensitive to certain stimulants, but also the fact I had a slow digestive system/gastric emptying (spoke with James Collier about this and he said having a hiatus hernia would be a part of the issue too) so maybe it could be something along those lines ?

5. NO_SHANE_HERE

NO_SHANE_HERE Elite Member

Aye i found it very stimmy. Used it before work when I started a new job once.

Big ian likes this.
  6. New Hybrid

New Hybrid all time third top poster brahs!

Lasts for 12 hours mate so not ideal for pre workout!

Big ian likes this.
  7. Rentaghost

Rentaghost Moderator Staff Member

Not a massive fan of moda.

I didn’t need to sleep as much when I used to take it regular but it always caught up with me in the end and I’d end up fucked and have to pay the piper. Found it affected my cognition as well and I’d have days where I felt like I’d had a TIA.

Slurring and just genuinely struggling with coordination.

If you want a decent preworkout then see a private psychiatrist and try and get an adhd diagnosis. They’ll give you script for Ritalin or vyvanse if you wanna pay a bit more for the titration.

Will cost you about 800 quid all in from
    Start to finish and then you’re on meds for life, I see it as a tax rebate.

Never have to worry about fatigue or depression again.

Life hacks

Mass Monster and Big ian like this.
  8. Big ian

Big ian Elite Member

So it appears LMAO, fucking longer than 12hrs IME aswell!
    Sweet! Sounds ideal, I’m on it! Haha

Rentaghost likes this.
  9. spearman

spearman Elite Member

not sure if you’re serious or not?

Rentaghost likes this.
  10. Rentaghost

Rentaghost Moderator Staff Member

haha some would say it’s probably too much effort but dats lyf. The meds changed my life tbf. Was worth every penny.

mick_the_brick likes this.
  11. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

I could do wit sum lyf changin shit mate, do tell haha ;-)

12. spearman

spearman Elite Member

Will you not eventually burn out anyway?

13. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

Have used it when I've needed to pull all nights for work.
    But Modafinil is generally not suitable as a pre-workout, it increases heart rate and blood pressure, so quite dangerous for the older trainer.

Broscience also says it impedes muscle growth, but I've never looked into that properly.
    Many will not take it on a training day.

Scott32 likes this.
  14. Scott32

Scott32 Elite Member

I used it about 8 years ago for a stint, gave me the jitters and I felt wired but not in a nice way.

Felt like a dirty long life stim, simlar to if I've over done the coffee for a day.

Some people sware by it though, just one of them you have to try it and see.

15. mattyb009

mattyb009 Elite Member

i got 100 200mg tabs the other day.

Dunno if 200mg was to much on an empty stomach but i felt fucking vile.