Anyone Seen Or Tried These

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by s man, Mar 14, 2016.

1. s man

s man Elite Member

Just found the below in Sainsburys. Seems and interesting way of getting over the low carb loss of rice etc and also getting a bit of veg in.

Attached Files:

2. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

Good idea
    I tend to use brussels sprouts rather than cauliflower, but similar principle

3. tio

tio Something big is coming......

In a way yes. Just put in cauliflower heads in a food processor and do it that way.

4. Big ian

Big ian Elite Member

Hmmmm interesting!? Whats it taste like? Hopefully not too much like cauliflower lol cant imagine cauliflower and chilli/curry

5. s man

s man Elite Member

Tasted alright actually and left me feeling pretty full as well. Definitely not a texture like rice but at the same time it was bloody awesome from a dieting mentality point to eat a big plate of filling food. Had it with a load of turkey mince and hot sauce.

Arterial Dan and Big ian like this.
  6. Big ian

Big ian Elite Member

Nice one bud, how much does it cost?

7. s man

s man Elite Member

I think they where £2 a pack so not cheap but would definitely throw them in at a tail end of a week when dieting is tough

Big ian likes this.
  8. Big ian

Big ian Elite Member

Thanks bud, will take a look

9. AlriteGeezer

AlriteGeezer Elite Member

Like @tio said above... Just blitz couple of cauli in a blender, make up batches and freeze in portions... Defrost and use when needed... I prefer to oven cook mine.. Gives it a little crunch

10. s man

s man Elite Member

Very true I just never thought about doing it for some reason. I always finely chop green beans or asparagus in no carb meals so not sure why I never thought of that.

They have a fairly long shelf life so I would say these are good to have in as an emergency or when travelling. Uncle ben also just started doing there wholemeal rice in smaller 3 packs that exactly fit my portion size so it's another emergency one I keep in a cupboard

11. tio

tio Something big is coming......

Doesnt taste of much, its more of a texture than a taste. I tend to todd mine with things like garlic and coriander while i steam it.

I also use a vegetable spiral slicer to make courgette pasta if you're dieting as this is very filling and near enough 0 carbs and very little calories

You can also boil the cauliflower and then add a big dollop of full fat cream cheese and mash it like potatoes.

Big ian likes this.
  12. AlriteGeezer

AlriteGeezer Elite Member

Yeah handy to keep in the cupboard then... Interesting about the smaller uncle bens, I'll keep my eye out for them!

13. s man

s man Elite Member

@tio nice one matey. Made my own this evening and spiced it up with hot sauce and spices. Was 25% the cost and tasted better also. Even made dry chicken breast good. The wife thought I'd fallen off the wagon and made Cous Cous lol

image.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    tio and Big ian like this.
  14. StevieB

StevieB Senior Member

You need to google Caulibread and pizza base too for great low carb sandwiches and pizza. Cheap and easy to make.