Are The Gyms Busy?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Clubber Lang, Apr 15, 2021.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Oh yeah... it would be cheaper for them to have a Tesla company car and not pay any tax on it than it would be to give themselves a pay rise each which would be taxed. Obviously they have the car lease or whatever, but they pay now business tax or anything on it, so to pay (say) £500pm for a car each is better than paying themselves an extra £500pm and only see £300 of it

New Hybrid likes this.
  2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

This is the new check in area... can't see it properly but the front desk is Perspex from desk to ceiling, then you have an area ~4mtr x 2mtr enclosed in Perspex floor to ceiling and then you have the 2.5mtr high turnstile.... overkill?!??

3. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Elite Member

not sure what gyms look like inside due to covid, got my own place to train now, private thing.

i was chatting to a sunbed shop owner yesterday and he did say the council have already been round his shop this week to check safety measures. Told him they'd like another screen up in a certain position. He said hes got 4x A4 papers printed front and back with rules and guidelines. Said they didnt have this much stuff to follow last year between lockdowns. Seems the government is doing everything possible to keep things open?

personally i can see another lockdown coming before christmas, perhaps autum. This SA strain which is already in 6x parts of London will spread, and the AZ jab is absolutely useless against it. So everyone whos had a AZ jab will need yet another untested experimental vaccine lol.

im not bothering with anything when they call my name, sod that.

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Most people will need winter boosters regardless, like flu. Pfizer and Mederna has also been shown to be less effective against the SA variant.

Had my 2nd AZ jab yesterday anyway

5. New Hybrid

New Hybrid all time third top poster brahs!

3rd wave is predicted in June so it's likely I'd say.

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Not for definite... If enough are vaccinated, which is looking likely, a 3rd wave will unlikely lead to a heavy load on the NHS. It's won't be the infection rate that is a problem now, it is how many of those infected get ill and that number will have dropped and the high correlation between infection and hospitalisation won't be the factor it has been.

Hopefully

7. New Hybrid

New Hybrid all time third top poster brahs!

I believe the modelling thats been used to predict it included the impact of vaccination mate. There's still only a small percentage of total population vaccinated. Its not predicted to be as acute as previous 2 waves but to last longer
    Hopefully it'll be OK. I'm wanting to get to rugby league world Cup in October