Beast Is Back!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Irish Beast, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Just thought I'd drop in and see who is about. Friends of mine will know life has not been easy lately but hopefully on the up

Started training again last week. Piss weak and a fat fecker but have to start somewhere!

Hope this muscle memory is not a myth!

2. Mass Monster

Mass Monster Elite Member

Welcome back Beasty boy! Good stuff on the training front...Will feel better once you start moving about and getting the blood flowing.

Definately on the way back up bro, can't keep a good man down.

Grimnir likes this.
  3. Scott32

Scott32 Elite Member

Good man! Hopefully on the up and up as they say!

Grimnir likes this.
  4. spearman

spearman Elite Member

Good to see you back mate.

Grimnir likes this.
  5. Grimnir

Grimnir The black triangle is God

Welcome back dude. Your not the only one who’s had to start from scratch and muscle memory is definitely a thing. I’m back to some good numbers after a few months and it will make you feel a lot better. You are the reason I came into this forum all those years ago and I’m glad I did.

Mass Monster and Scott32 like this.
  6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

All those nuclei will be dying to get some action again

7. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Good to see some old faces around. Will help with my goals I hope. Currently well over 20 stone and very little muscle so just training 50/50 weight cardio sessions.

Drinking is brutal at the moment. Drug taking not bad at all.
    Diet is quite good. Must say that huel is a lifesaver.

Was in bad physical and mental health there for a while. Covid jab fucked me for weeks and ended up getting very depressed. Exercise if lifting the mood but lot of work to do.

Not looking to get massive. Want to gain a bit but generally lose some lard and get healthier. BP is now medication controlled. Partly hereditary and partly lifestyle.

Just training at home as I have a reasonable setup but struggle to do much back work so might go to proper gym for back day once I have a few weeks under my belt.

spearman likes this.
  8. The Red Meat Kid

The Red Meat Kid Elite Member

Hello mate.

long time, good to see you!

Not so good to read you haven’t had a great time of things but as long as things are looking up now!

getting back in the gym was a fucking lifeline for me like, if I’ve got a good routine with fym and food going everything else seems to flow better. subconsciously must be something behind that hah

9. New Hybrid

New Hybrid all time third top poster brahs!

Aye aye

10. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

We meet again...

11. The Love Machine

The Love Machine A steroid pumping, food raping machine

Good to see you around mate

12. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Good to see your back mate

13. Dr Z

Dr Z Member

Just had a look back myself, great to see a familiar name!

Over the years I gradually went being from fat and strong, to just fat without realising it, and then got a wake up call of Diabetes, high BP, High Cholesterol, high TG’s etc.

Against the advice of nearly everyone decided to give Keto a go as it seemed to make sense with the diabetes etc, rather than fuck about with all the statins and diabetes meds the Dr prescribed. I lost 5 stone in 3 months flat with Keto and reversed every health issue I had, and then went on to lose another 2.5 stone of by six months in (7.5 total in 6 months). Ironically after all that crash dieting I came out looking more muscular than before, even though I had barely touched weights.

That was in 2019, and I’ve since kept most of it off (put a stone back on but trying to get stronger, so its controlled gain).

So yeah, I am sure when it comes down to it, guys like us may let ourselves get way out of shape, but when it comes down to it, we have all the tools to put it right, even if they are locked away in a corner of our mind we haven’t used for years!

People still tell me Keto is bullshit, and yeah, I get that anyone who suggest calories don’t matter, or that ketones magically melt fat is probably talking shit, but for me it worked, and I struggle to see past that (after, all, that’s the whole point isn’t it? I wanted to lose weight and fix health issues, not get a medal for Perfect dieting theory!

It’s funny, after all my years of moaning about it I’ve gone back to working in a Gym too, but this time around I am really enjoying it.

14. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

Good going Dr z

I don't believe there's a right way or wrong way

It's what works for the individual that they can stick with consistently

(Obviously drinking everyday won't help the cause)

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

The trouble with various diets isn't always the diet, its the mis-advice from diet zealots who believe the diet they follow is the only way and don't understand even the basic science behind things.

Good to see you're still fighting fit DrZ

New Hybrid and mick_the_brick like this.