Beast Is Back!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Irish Beast, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Very helful post pal

I have the tools no doubt but my biggest vice is alcohol. Last week I trained hard and didn't drink. Notable difference in 5 days. All bloat gone. Was still getting carbs and calories down.

Just down my morning cardio at 3am cos I couldn't sleep. Bit of sleep now then weights in a few hours. Was pleased with myself only having 4 pints yesterday. Gonna try and stick to that. Had been drinking 100+ a week which no amount of training will cancel out. Unless I run a marathon every morning!

2. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

On a positive note just few sessions in my bench has shot up. Using oly dbs although I do have an Olympic bar in restricted for space and setting it up is a pain. Grabbing a 6ft one from local gym owner at weekend hopefully. Currently have a 7ft which just about fits in the space. I like db pressing. Will do that for a while then do 'proper' benching and see how I get on. I came in drunk one night and decided to load up 100kg and to my absolute shock I managed one fairly terrible rep. So maybe there's life in the beast yet!

Scott32 likes this.
  3. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

Mara if you're serious about sorting yourself out in my humble opinion you should be getting professional assistance from AA or something similar.

4. Scott32

Scott32 Elite Member

Training pissed is never a good idea mate haha!

How bad is your drinking in amounts these days?

I don't mention it much but I do drink when not using so many sleeping tabs normally drink 6+ strong cans or a bottle or so of wine to sleep with 1 ambien. If I'm having a dry night I just end up smashing xan, diaz, zop or ambien at high doses.. Don't know what's worse!

I don't notice that much of a negative effect on body shape or training mind you. But then again it's not huge amounts but does add up.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    Grimnir likes this.
  5. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

Agreed

very big problem looking from outside and has been aslong as seen IB around forums

mick_the_brick likes this.
  6. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

I have been referred to alcohol services as of last week. Been there and got the t-shirt so was reluctant but lady assured me the service is no longer a half hour well done or fuck exercise so will try

7. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Don't really drink anything other than beer. Odd bottle of red. To be blunt about 100 pints a week which is insane but honest.

Had only about 30 last week which was a real achievement. 4 yesterday and 9 today which I am sort of happy with. I explained to psychology services that cold turkey was not an option and I don't want to not drink. Just don't want to be drinking almost every day and drinking enough to kill a horse without flinching.

People have commented how insane it is that I can drink so much and not be a drunken arsehole or even be drunk which is both a compliment and a concern!

Trying hard. Could drop weight if I went on spirits bit harder on the pocket and the liver

Scott32 likes this.
  8. spearman

spearman Elite Member

Taken aside the health issues, the financial side of drinking 100pints a week is huge! Over the year that’s an enormous amount of money!
    Drink is probably my biggest vice, but I’m no where near your level. Prob around 40units a week which I feel is way too high.

Scott32 likes this.
  9. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Dont I know it mate! I would say half my income is spent on drink. I have a main job which pays reasonable by norm,ak standards and a few bits on the side which are not steady by any means. If my contratc does not get renewd in September then I am up shit creek.

I pay an insane amount into NHS pension and think that I will leave the NHS when this gig is over as Ive been working for them most of my career and just bored frankly. Have been paying into pension since last March so could withdraw and have a nice little rainy day fund. After they rape me on tax and NI first of course. I have mnixed feelings about paying so much into a pension given that a) Its a lot of money b) the retirement age if/when I get that far will prob be 70 and c) How many good yeat would I have left after 70. Maybe state pension and a small amount put aside would be better than living my mid life always worrying about money. When in work I am ok but when work ends I am piss poor

10. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

100 pints a week, kin hell

20,000 cals and about 300 quid

must be hard to make a dent in fat doing that

11. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

I don't pal! At best I can just stay the same. Been gaining consistently for two years now. I think the gaining has now stopped and possibly a small loss but don't weigh myself. Just feel and look a little firmer after just a few weeks. Probably a combo of slight fat loss but reduction in bloat from diet change and alcohol reduction

Ronnie_Malenko likes this.
  12. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

Wow just under 3000 cals each day...

13. Scott32

Scott32 Elite Member

Alchol cals definitely don't get stored the same It's the other sugars etc. in drinks that are really cals. I think you could probably drink as much white spirits as you like with diet mixes or straight and no fat would be put on.

But yer beer or wine has plenty of none ethanol cals so not ideal for a pure fat point of view.

14. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Yeah spirits are tempting but I just love the taste of a beer. A vodka a diet coke on a hot summers day is not the same as a nice cold pint!

Also spirits are even more of a rip off than pints so I could make the swap but end up spending more. Have been trying to lower. Visited her last night which is usually a bottle of wine and 4-8 cans. Didn't bother with the cans last night. Meeting a pal after work for pints and he's not a lightweight but not a savage either so might keep the drinking level moderate. Want to train tomorrow so getting wankered tonight will make that unlikely!

Scott32 likes this.