1. UGM acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

UGM does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on UGM or its messaging systems.
    Dismiss Notice

Bloods, Donating Etc

Discussion in 'Performance Enhancing Drugs' started by stewedw, Jun 19, 2016.

1. stewedw

stewedw Senior Member

Hi guys, how often do you get bloods checked, and how often do you donate? I appreciate donating likely means th y screen you blood and then chuck it, but I'm doing some research into the pros and cons of donating as a steroid user.

Fire away with what you do and why you do it etc cheers

2. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

give blood every 3 months

3. stewedw

stewedw Senior Member

What's your reasons for that, an explanation might help others. Cheers.

4. Ronnie_Malenko

To lower rbc

5. stewedw

stewedw Senior Member

I was last check March last year eight weeks into 750mg test, 400mg tren 30mg dbol Ed first four weeks. All my bloods were within range. I was getting a full screening due to something else and went to my gp who knows about my use. He david they were superhuman results which surprised me as I had also had a few weeks drinking and class a (not like me).

Any other reasons? Thanks

6. tio

tio Something big is coming......

Which is replenished within 48 hours by your bone marrow.

If you're a injection user then you are exempt from giving blood due to the unknown risks injecting carries. Regardless of where you get your gear from, there is always a risk of unknown diseases and pathogens which can be transferred to unsuspecting users. Its completely irresponsible to donate and lie that you have no used drugs of any kind. Look at the 1980's where the infection rate of Hep C and HIV to those who needed transfusions rose sharply due to medical advances at the time unable to detect the virus.

I highly doubt you would be happy getting some unknown virus from someone who had the same mentality as you because they can't scan for it as the moment.

7. stewedw

stewedw Senior Member

Don't they screen the blood? Surely they don't take someone's word that they have never used class a drugs and all th other various things that rule you out? And yes I wouldn't donate if they didn't screen, and there was a small chance of me harming someone. I assumed there are protocols in place for this? Cheers.

8. tio

They screen for what is known at this moment in time. If you Carry anow unknown virus which is discovered in five years time because of the bathtub brewed Chinese powder you're Injecting and its discovered you're the cause, this is specifically why they say you cannot donate if you have used any type f recreational drug at all.

9. stewedw

stewedw Senior Member

Thing is though, I have tonnes of sensible pals that in there twenties will have tried reccy drugs. Two spring to mind that are now t Total and vegans. Surely their blood is of more use and it's a very low risk that they are patient zero?.

I had some blood coughed up last March, 2015. No idea what it was, could have been a pin sized hole in my King or airway. Lasted ten days. Give days in I hot the full scans, tests and screens. Everything was clear and as above "superhuman" as far as being off the charts in the healthy side. My gp said the doc at hospital tested for stuff he wouldn't see why she would and there was nothing sinister anywhere. I would have though thataa pint of this could save kids lives and is worth the risk considering the lack of donors? You disagree?

10. Ronnie_Malenko

I ring up when am home and say im feeling sick and unwell so they dispose of it

11. tio

There is a lack of qualified donors which fit a strict criteria to prevent what happened in the 80's where 3000+ people contracted Hep C and HIV through contaminated blood because no test existed for it back then.

You chose to inject and the risks that came with it. If you want to do some good then volunteer your time and hours for a worthy cause. The rules are there for the very reason to prevent another tragedy and outbreak that happened 30 odd years back. There may be 1 patient zero which would infect up to 20 people as blood is separated into various factors. You have no idea where the stuff comes from and its certainly not MHRA stamped so you choose to take a risk with your own health, which of course is your choice. But to not declare it to others under the guise off "I may be fine" is totally irresponsible and ignorant of the facts that there is strict criteria to protect everyone who both donates blood/organs and those who receive them.

12. stewedw

stewedw Senior Member

I am neither irresponsible or ignorant, I was asking for your opinion having never donated since starting aas

13. tio

14. Roy@/_

Roy@/_ Elite Member

Interesting points @tio I had no idea tbh.

Personally won't be donating for my own hct perposes after reading that....tempted to do as Ron does and call up later to ensure it gets disposed of. I think though, for me, self letting seems the most responsible approach.

Or fess up and get doc to do it.

15. stewedw

stewedw Senior Member

From what I've heard, AAS users don't get much benefit of lowering rbc count as it gets right back up pronto, and as suggested unless you are draining yourself or getting the gp to do it and chucking it then it could harm others which isn't an option. I appreciate the feedback guys.