Cambridge

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Drago, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Drago

Drago Elite Member

what's it like there? Anyone live there?

Been offered a job there but don't really know much about the area.

Anyone on here live there or have any advice??

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I do.... where abouts is the job?

It's a nice town, not cheap due to London proximity. Not a huge amount to do due to University influence and land ownership (most of the land round here is owned by 2 or 3 'groups') but you aren't far from places where there are things to do I s'pose.

3. s man

s man Elite Member

Pretty lively of a night time due to the uni again I'm sure. I used to run the contracts on all the papers there and it was always still rammed when we went out between 0000-0500 in the centre during the week.

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Yeah, it's not exactly a clubbing culture but it's active all hours

5. Drago

Drago Elite Member

Place is in Granta Park Science Park.
    Gonna take a drive up this weekend to check it all out

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

OK, so that's a few miles outside of Cambridge (Abington), the other side of town to me. I think it's in Balsham there's a good gym run by a mate of mine, House of Fitness, so training wise you'll be sorted.

You're near Linton which is a nice village, quite big and self contained, good school etc even a zoo. Haverhill a bit further out is a dive, but you're about 8-10 miles out of Cambridge I think, and traffic getting in from that side can be an arse but a nice area, near the Gogs which has a gold club if that floats your boat and the villages round that way are respectable villages but still very much village life. This side of Cambridge tho you do have ten-pin, cinema and restaurant complex - exciting stuff - and the station

I would say hit me up but I've got the Mrs' Grandmother over so will be a bit tied up

7. s man

s man Elite Member

Agree with that. Haverhill is the biggest shit hole I have ever seen lol but you're nice and close for the M11 there so can pretty much get anywhere you like. Some really nice villages over that side as well. Saffron Walden is a particular favourite of mine over that way and would move my family to any of the villages around there in a heart beat if they where not already entrenched in school here in London. You also have Duxford air museum about 10-15 minutes from there and can be at Stanstead in about 30 minutes if getting away is your thing.

@dirtyvest is that the gym that's on the small road leading to the zoo? Used to see one there in a small industrial estate as I was delivering the Saffron Walden reporter and always wanted to pop in as it looked good

8. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Elite Member

too many fecking bikes to wait for and over take lol

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I don't think so, I've not been there as it's the wrong side of town for me, the gym I mean isn't in Linton, it's in Babraham (not Balsham as I originally guessed) .... www.houseoffitnesscambridge.co.uk