Clubber's Winter Bulk

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by Clubber Lang, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Elite Member

After being flat out with work before my holiday, but still being able to loose about a stone in weight and get into a fairly decent shape for my jollies, ive decided its time to get some size back on before the winter weather sets in. Plus its easier doing a bulking cycle around work, eating what I want when i want etc, than it is trying to stay lean with low carb meals but being stuck on site or on the road and being unable to get the right food down my neck.

Plan is a classic test, deca and dbol cycle till the new year, so roughly a 12 weeker. I always have a break from steds in the new year. Reason being im not as busy with door work. Having the extra pounds over the Christmas and New Year period is always a bonus when dealing with drunk idiots :)

Cycle;

12 weeks;
    1.5g Zafa Testonon 250mg EW
    750mg Alpha Deca 250mg EW
    100mg DS Danabol ED (first 3 weeks only, then drop down to 60mg ED for rest of cycle)

Aiming to do more compound exercises during this cycle than before, so things I haven't done for a very long time, like Clean & Press and DY BB Rows etc. Will also start to include compounds like Deadlifting and Squats again, things I haven't done from past injuries. Had terrible lower back issues from work some years ago and have had tendon problems with knees. Just need to start with sensible weights and improve with form, as well as listening to by body and its aches and pains, rather than powering through at full speed. Screwed my knee up with tendonitis this way, was in tears with pain and out for weeks.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Ronnie_Malenko likes this.
  2. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

following mate always liked your phyisque, how tall are you? and when you bulk do you just eat? or have a diet you try and stick too

3. Clubber Lang

Started Tuesday, just alittle behind posting due to house work, never ends! ha

Tuesday

Been nearly 4 weeks since ive had a full session in the gym, and God did I know it! lol

Shoulders & Tris;

Clean & Press;
    12x 121lb (felt shattered already lol)
    10x 165lb
    5x 187lb

BB Shoulder Press, smith;
    10x 110lb
    8x 154lb
    4x 176lb

Close Grip Pushdowns;
    10x 100lb
    8x 120lb
    5x 130lb

Rope Pulldowns;
    3x failure sets @ 50lb

Done.

Wednesday.

Back & Biceps;

Hammer Strength Pulldowns;
    15x 44lb ES
    8x 88lb ES
    8x 132lb
    6x 152lb

DY stye BB Rows;
    12x 121lb
    8x 165lb
    8x 187lb

Deadlifts; starting very light on these.
    12x 121lb
    10x 209lb
    8x 297lb

Lat Pulldowns
    3x failure sets @ 70kg. (struggled with these, energy completely gone)

Seated DB curls;
    failure @ 35lb
    failure @ 45lb
    failure @ 45lb

1 Arm DB Preacher Curls;
    2x failure sets at 35lb (did around 8x reps per arm per set).

Done.

Thursday.

Legs; Was looking forward to this but dreading it at the same time ha. Last two days felt like I had just started training for this first time ever. Lats are killing!

Squats;
    15x 121lb
    8x 209lb
    6x 297lb

Leg Press;
    10x 528lb
    10x 616lb
    8x 616lb

Hack Squats;
    2x failure sets @ 88lb

legs, hams especially were nailed and hurting like hell. Felt alittle sick at one point. Im so unfit, all that holiday free booze and food pouring out my system! lol

Done!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
  4. Clubber Lang

aching all over today, last 3 days of training have worked well ha. Struggling to lift my arm above shoulder height due to lat pain ha. Nice having DOMS again [​IMG]

jabbed 3ml into my right quad today, went in a treat. No discomfort yet or need for painkillers, see if any tops up later. I did have some PIP from my last quad jab on Wednesday, about 5hrs after jabbing. Simply placed a hot water bottle on the site while watching TV and PIP went within 30mins, was fine next day.

Pre-workout supps;

[​IMG]

Chest & Biceps;

Incline BB Smith;

12x 110lb
    8x 198lb
    6x 242lb

Hammer Strength Press;
    10x 88lb ES
    8x 132lb ES
    4x 176lb ES

Incline DB Flys;
    failure @ 80lb DBs
    failure @ 90lb

Incline DB Curls;
    12x 35lb
    10x 45lb
    10x 45lb

1-Arm Preacher Curls;
    8x 30lb DB
    8x 30lb DB
    arms and forearms huge pump, couldnt do more, risk pulling something.

Done.

ideally i wanted to start on flat bench BB, something i havent done in years, but both benchs were taken and i aint gonna wait for them.

Friday weigh in; 16stone 8.

5. SteamroD

SteamroD Elite Member

nice work on the pop tarts. :)

6. Clubber Lang

lol, 400cals and 70g carbs from 2x tarts, ideally to get my going over my session :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
  7. Clubber Lang

Quad is fine from jabbing yesterday, no issues, can only just locate where I pinned.

unsure if its the gear but had major trouble sleeping after work last night. Had a scoop and half of DY GHBlast and still struggled. Ended up having to reach for a Zopiclone, that did the trick :)

8. Clubber Lang

started training again tuesday this week, was waiting on a phone call all day monday with work, had to pop out when i got the call but didnt know when it was coming, screwed my whole day up TBH as i couldnt really cook anything or pop to the gym.

still did my jab yesterday so not a complete disaster. 3ml into left quad. No issues.

BP felt high today, could feel it in my cheeks. Will be popping to the supermarket tomorrow for asprin, help lower it. Test levels are starting to feel high too. Starting to snap alittle more and boners can be a problem lol.

todays training,

Shoulders & Tri's;

Clean & Press;

10x 121lb
    8x 165lb
    4x 187lb
    4x 187lb << carried these on from the 4x reps above but doing standing military press, so didnt clean it when energy was gone, switched straight over to press rather than dropping the bar and squeezed some more reps out.

Seated BB Press;
    10x 110lb
    8x 154lb
    4x 176lb

Cable Extensions;
    12x 1/4 stack (forgot to look at weight)
    10x 1/4 stack
    8x 1/4 stack

Close Grip Pushdowns;
    10x 100lb
    8x 130lb
    5x 140lb

Rope Pushdowns;
    3x failure sets @ 50kg (roughly 10-8 reps each)

Done.

Weighed in at 16st 11lb.
        Sure it would have been more if diet was better yesterday.

Arterial Dan likes this.
  9. Clubber Lang

traps and rear delts are sore today, cant wait for back sesh later.

had some proper deep and weird dreams last night, was in a scrap yard trying to get out while being chased. Ended up hitting someone with a claw hammer loads of times when he grab my arm. Bizarre lol.

had some good news last night too. Was digging in my fridge for food and found this....

[​IMG]

completely forgot about it! Was using 4iu's ED on the run up to my holiday and pushed the box to the back of the fridge, out of sight, as my rents popped up afew times to check the house while i was away, so hid it from view.

bonus! ha. Be using 4iu's again from today :)

Rudedog likes this.
  10. Rudedog

Rudedog Senior Member

That is a bonus

11. Clubber Lang

just abit, better than finding a

12. Rudedog

Rudedog Senior Member

Too right lol

13. Clubber Lang

nice sesh today, started training with a mate from the doors whos had 3 months off so enjoying the company and banter.

jabbed again today, right quad this time, no major problems. Had abit of a sissy moment pushing the pin through the skin, stung like hell but once in it was fine. Sat with a hot water bottle on the site for 30mins or so just to get the oils moving as it felt alittle sore after jabbing.

be jabbing 4iu GH pre-bed tonight. Cant believe i forgot i had 3/4 of a kit in the fridge! lol muppet!

Back & Biceps;

Hammer strength pulldowns;

12x 44lb ES
    8x 88lb ES
    8x 132lb ES
    8x 154lb ES (spotted)

DY Style BB Rows;
    12x 121lb
    10x 165lb
    8x 187lb

Close Grip Cable Rows;
    8x 150lb
    8x 200lb
    8x 230lb

EZ-Bar Curls;
    4x sets of 10 reps with 88lb

DB Preacher Curls;
    8x 30lb DB
    8x 40lb DB
    8x 40lb DB

Done.

Got quite good bicep pump [​IMG]

[​IMG]

got a soreness coming from one side of my shin near the top/knee. Using some Rock Tape to try and heal/support it. Abit of a pain to master applying but getting there ha.

Arterial Dan likes this.
  14. Rudedog

Rudedog Senior Member

I get those pussy moments when pinning quads, screw my face like I'm chewing on a wasp

15. Clubber Lang

had a ****e day training yesterday, Legs. First a 10min drive turned into 30mins as someone crashed into a lorry. Then realised i hadnt drank my PWO shake. Then when i got there someone started talking to me i couldnt shake off. Then there was 2x olly bars on the squat rack each with 10x plates on, so had to unload all them to get started. Was shattered and ****ed off before i even lifted anything!

quads were sore from jabbing too, but worked through it. Only problem was my head just wasnt in it now. Was yawning and energy dropped like a lead ballon. I bet from leaving my house to actually doing a set must have been 45mins rather than my usual 20mins.

tried my best to battle through but was in the game TBH.

Squats
    15x 121lb
    10x 209lb
    8x 297lb..... really wanted to do more, brought my knee wraps and everything but mentally wasnt there to try.

Leg Press;
    8x 616lb
    8x 704lb
    8x 792lb..... long rests between sets, could have fallen asleep eyes felt that heavy!

Leg Extenions;
    5x failure sets @ 1/2 stack (10-15 reps each)

Standing Calve Raises;
    3x failure sets 3/4 stack (12-15 reps each)

Done.

went home ****ed off, so bought a chinese to cheer me up lol

[​IMG]

Friday....

Decided to do some flat BB bench press today, havent done any for 5 years? Just something i didnt feel hit me very well in the past, so either used DB or a good Hammer Strengh machine.

Thought i wouldnt be able to lift a great deal to start with due to form, but went well.

BB Flat Bench;
    10x 121lb
    8x 209lb
    8x 297lb....last 2 reps spotted, but only slightly. Will carry on doing these this cycle, see what i can peak at.

Incline BB Smith;
    10x 198lb
    8x 242lb
    8x 242lb....last 3 reps spotted

EZ-Bar Curls;
    3x sets of 10x reps @ 88lb

Standing Curls;
    2x failure sets with 40lb DBs..... arms at bursting point, still pumped from Wednesday sesh lol. Lookin good!

Done

Weight Tuesday; 16st 11lb
    Weight Friday; 17st 3lb
    ....... sweet [​IMG]