Diet advice needed

Discussion in 'Nutrition Advice' started by Irish Beast, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

I don't know if you still drink a lot and it's none of my business but just be careful of your organs mate, that's on the high side for a guy who enjoys a drink

2. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Hi Dan,

Had LFTs checked last week and all good!

Think some clarity is required regarding the baguette. Its just a tesco bought plain baguette that I cover in low fat olive oil spread, chicken breast pieces and maybe a bit of sweet chilli sauce. Hardly the work of the devil!

I am too fat to be considering a bulk but my body my choice. I will diet once I am happy with my mass. Dont see the point otherwise.

3. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Great post 

4. wrapper

wrapper BANNED

No directed at anyone here, but I'm fed up in general with guys in the gym or wherever seeing my condition and nudging and winking saying "go on what's the secret mate?" Like I'm gonna say "oh you need to have 324.75g of carbs - not a gram over or under and BOOM you'll be shredded, bro".

Let me just summarise this in black and white. I'm sure we all know this already and yeah we can use AAS to a degree:

THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS!

To get from A to C you gotta go through B!!

Saying shit like "oh it's just a baguette" "oh it's just a chocolate" "oh it's just a pint" - yeah that's great. You might not count it but your body does.

I'd cut all fats out. Too calorie dense. I don't buy into this "oh you need healthy fats". Dude - your putting synthetic hormones into your body, take the health moral high ground to someone who cares.

You HAVE to feel hungry. Hunger is good. No it's not nice, but neither is being 20% bf and not getting anywhere or trying to convince yourself you are.

If you wanna get in shape you gotta put the work in or your just chasing your own tail. There's not wizardry going on here. Yeah there's tips and tricks along the way, but that yellow brick road is the same journey we all have to go down to get there.

Like I said - not trying to be an arse here, not aiming at anyone, so don't get pissy with me. I'm just saying the truth. I'm not tired or grumpy because of my diet either Dave, I'm actually in a very good place right now, a lot of things are looking up for me.

So many twats say "I'm gonna do this", "I'm gonna do that", "oh I'm gonna get on stage", no you're fucking not. You don't have the minerals.

5. wrapper

wrapper BANNED

"Sweet chillie sauce hardly the work of the devil".

Can you post a pic of the label and tell us how much of it you're having? Lets work it out in calories and grams... I bet you'll be surprised :)

It's cutting things like this out which make the difference mate. 10% isn't hard. Believe me.

Clubber, hilly, pip all have photographic evidence of maintaining this level of bf (and below) with ease.

I can maintain 10% eating fairly relaxed and after these shows I will. I'm no longer going to chase a weight like I have done because I know I grow better from a leaner base.

I'm only 18lbs under my weight when I started this diet!! I know I've grown in the process. Fact.

6. SteamroD

SteamroD Starting again.

lolzy.

<3.

7. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

fuck skips just sayin rant, that was well better

good posts wrapper

8. Slight of hand

Slight of hand The bed you sleep in....

hehe

love it

(grabs popcorn)

9. wrapper

wrapper BANNED

Again - I'm not picking a fight here. This isn't personal against anyone, this is just general advice from experience.

People are so passive of "oh it'll fall into place"... No - it won't. MAKE it happen.

Ask Ronnie how hard he found it... Infact read his dear diary journal* :p

* bring your own Kleenex and red wine x

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    Ronnie_Malenko likes this.
  10. Deads

Deads because i like to pull, ay it

Shit the bed theres fuck all food there.

I eat double that at 17stone on 300mg test pw

11. Deads

Deads because i like to pull, ay it

Hang on i thought IB wanted to put on mass? Not shred to 10%.....

Missed my name off that sub 10% list too wraps you shane :-(.

12. wrapper

wrapper BANNED

But bulk from 20%? Really? :-/

Lol put some pics up deads... Pref in the buff ;) x

Ronnie_Malenko likes this.
  13. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

The sweet chilli thing was more tongue in cheek. I have no desire to ever compete or be ultra lean so in the grand scheme of things 100 calories of whatever wont have a significant impact. Obviously your world is different to mine as you need to be very stringent about cal intake but Im just a regular guy trying to get to a state I'm happy with.

Cheers for the info wrapper. Im certainly not taking it to heart

14. wrapper

wrapper BANNED

Makes no difference whether you wanna get on stage or not, make no difference if you want to drive from Dover to Scotland - you still have to put the car in first gear. The process is still the same.

Anyway, best of luck dude.

15. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

does make abit of a differnece mate, one man might want to put the more expensive fuel in his car and get there more efficently one man might want to put cheaper stuff in, not as good for car but still get there

both get there, just one more efficently
    that the other...

same with a bb who goes on stage and a 'hobbybuilder'

thats how i see it anyway, theres no doubting what you suggest is best way, but if its either get there but slower or not at all.. theres only one winner..