Diet Tips And Tricks

Discussion in 'Nutrition Advice' started by spearman, Apr 21, 2021.

1. spearman

spearman Elite Member

Lets hear them?

Your diet tips and tricks to keep on track. I need to get back in the habit of prepping food, but i get so bored of the sameness every days. What do you do/use to keep it more interesting?

Sauces/condiments etc

Not even dieting just trying to be consistent!

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Prepping is a no brainer otherwise you having to track everything every day to be anywhere close to knowing what you are consuming. I Prep 5 days worth of one pot chicken curry (sort of) as my main meal Mon-Fri. Breakfast I always eat (and enjoy) overnight oats which I bulk up with whey, fruit and some chocolate drops. I have a shake for 2 meals that I make up each lunchtime (have 1 for lunch and 1 pre bed) but I'll always have something easy to make alongside it. 3 or 4 slices of toast at lunch as it's PWO, in the evening it will be 4 rice cakes with whatever topping I fancy.

So my days are the same but my meals aren't. Recently my 5 days meal prep has been lasting me 2 weeks as I'll have a couple of meals with the family each week now. But it's usually pasta if the wife cooks (so I'll just need an extra protein shake or something with that) or if I cook then I'll be more in control of giving myself an equally macro available meal to what I would prep.

Weekends it's all family food but I cook so I know I'm not throwing my cals out of whack. Just try and make sure that 80% of what you are doing food wise is on point then it's unlikely the remaining 20% will do much damage to that

3. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

Just use a meal prep company takes the thinking out of it and very efficent

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

If you have the disposable income that would be a very easy solution. I've also been very tempted to try the Huel meal packs too.

Do you use one a pre made meal prep thing then, Ronnie?

New Hybrid likes this.
  5. New Hybrid

New Hybrid all time third top poster brahs!

Jesus they're expensive!

6. New Hybrid

New Hybrid all time third top poster brahs!

If you can't get into habit of prepping up for the week, try batch cooking and freezing. Least that way within a few weeks you'll have a supply of different meals. Then just too it up.

7. spearman

spearman Elite Member

I can and do prep. What I was meaning is how do I still keep it interesting? Looking for tips and tricks with sauces etc to keep the flavour decent.

New Hybrid likes this.
  8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Primarily cook what you like...

I like my one pot curry. Basically I chuck in 800g chicken and fry it up, then add chopped veg (usually peppers and onions, then add seasoning and spices (so you could mix that variable up weekly as you could your meat source), add rice, add tom puree, add passata, tinned chickpeas and tinned butter beans, add water, simmer for half an hour. Done. If I don't make it too hot I can then cover it in a chipotle or sweet chili etc meal by meal. It's versatile enough to take any other flavour I add to it TBH. I may replace curry spices with cajun one week. Or replace chicken with mince and make a chili con carne style dish. It always means that week will be the same but I can vary it week on week with little effort if I want to

TBH I don't find 3-5 days out of 7 a problem to eat the same main meals but I don't make anything I don't enjoy. Most people in daily life eat the same breakfast, a very similar lunch and probably the same evening meals week on week (altho not every day of one week)

I don't cook it all up plain and bland and then try and mask the blandness with sauces tho, I've never found that really works

spearman likes this.
  9. spearman

spearman Elite Member

Thanks man.

I like one pot or slow cooker recipes.

10. Scott32

Scott32 Elite Member

I write up my meals on a Sunday and do the main shop then as well.

Stick it in the phone calendar and just take it one meal at a time.

I am very structured/obsessive though and once I've committed something in my phone diary I like to complete the tasks written that day.

Also refeeds are very common for me 3 crap meals a week and one day off.

11. Ronnie_Malenko

Yes mate i use them have been for past few weeks takes the thinking out! Nice aswel

i get 15 meals a week so 3 a day mon fri then add shakes and or/oats and it seems to work well!

12. spearman

spearman Elite Member

Links Ron?

13. Ronnie_Malenko

Its just a local place to mine mate they dont post nationwide or anythink there hand dropped off etc

14. The Love Machine

The Love Machine A steroid pumping, food raping machine

Depends how lean you want to go I guess

joint of gammon, chopped onions and a tin/bottle of cider. Cook on low for 8hrs, turn every few hours.

Chilli and rice is another go to of mine

Recently got a green Tabasco sauce - that’s jalapeño I think - few splashes really changes a meal

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

My shake meal is an easy one to adjust to suit needs

250g high protein fromage frais (£1 for 500g)
    100g frozen fruit
    200ml milk
    50g PB
    10g coconut oil
    2 scoops whey
    2 scoopd l-glut
    1 scoop creatine
    Blend
    Add water or more milk if too thick

Makes 2 (for one day, add more creatine if spreading shakes over 2 days). Can increase fats if required. Can add ice cream for more cals. For more carbs I just drink it with a carb meal/snack

spearman likes this.