Do you Trust anyone 100%

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Irish Beast, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Recently I have been thinking about this a lot. I have been shafted by people who I thought were mates. Some minor things, some bigger things. Some friendships have ended as a result which is sad but I would rather have a small group of trustworthy people then a load of friends who talk behind my back and kick you when you are down

I can only think of 2 people (including family) that I would Trust with anything. No matter what the situation I know I can trust them to back me up which at an age of 33 is quite sad really. Obviously I love my parents but I do not trust them 100% as I know they worry about me so occasionally lie to try and make situations better

Just curiosity really. I would be surprised if anyone had more than 5

2. Rentaghost

Rentaghost Moderator Staff Member

Not many no.

5 would be tops. 2 or 3 mates, an ex bird and my parents.

Wouldn't trust any other fucker 100%.

3. Rudedog

Rudedog Senior Member

My Mum, Dad, Brother and Wife

My wife and brother being the main ones.

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

I suppose there are always different people you trust 100% with different things, but probably not many that you'd trust 100% with ANYTHING. I trust my wife with anything......... so long as we're married LOL. My Mum, and maybe my sister even tho we aren't hugely close, maybe not my Dad but not out of anything malicious, he'd think he'd be helping by speaking to others he's also too opinionated and firmly stuck in those opinions to speak in full confidence about absolutely anything.

Couple of my mates possibly too.

5. . Az .

. Az . Elite Member

I'm not a trusting person, as far as 100%? no one ever. Not literally any way.

No one is humanly capable of being that infallible. I can count on one hand people I trust at all, and I trust them highly... I've not regretted that trust so far in life.

6. Rudedog

Rudedog Senior Member

This is me. My Mum said my gramp was exactly the same..

Thats why my circle of trust is so small.

7. Kratos

Kratos Elite Member

My wife completely. We both know some serious shit about each other that takes a lot if trust to disclose. Family can't help themselves. Brother has betrayed my trust before as has my sister. One really close mate and tbh that's it.

8. holly

holly Stong Beastie

No one

9. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Not a bad way to be. One of the people who I say I do Trust totally is of the same mindset. At first I thought he was a dick but over time I have learned the hard way. I still like to give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise but am too trusting at time, not any more! The last guy I 'Trusted' nicked my blackberry playbook and split my eye open!

10. Doby

Doby Elite Member

My nan 200%. She died last September.

Now no one. And am pretty certain never will

11. Incognito

Incognito Resident wookie

Given my lifestyle some people I trust with certain things others with others.no one 100% with everything.

12. mattyb009

mattyb009 Elite Member

Mother.

13. . Az .

. Az . Elite Member

It's quite interesting when you think about it, actually... I can think of mates I've known a long time that I extend very little trust to. I don't think less of them, I just know the limits of trust and respect them accordingly, never find myself in trouble that way and no fall outs. 

Then, people who I've known comparatively not very long and probably further outside the immediate circle of friends.... I've extended much more trust on instinct alone and certainly reaped the rewards from it on an individual basis.... in many ways. :) 

How much are we trusted as a bunch? I know some people don't trust me much at all, but that's because I make it very clear where my loyalties are in advance. Then on the flip side people who know me long enough usually find out I can keep my mouth shut, and my word alone is pretty much a guarantee. If I'm at work I've many of times people talking in an office and as I walk in " Oh it's only xxxxx " I hear some shocking, rather esoteric infomation!  

Should probably add, and no one is exempt from this, I look at trust as something that should almost always be secured as well. If you're going to disclose something, ensure what you know of them is worse and would cause them more harm... this will play in their mind should they get loose lips. Criminal activities, cheating... etc. rules apply. If you're going to put it about outside a marriage, the consequences should be as great if not greater for the other woman.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
  14. Oaken

Oaken Guest

I don't even trust myself 100%.

Ironwood - "Oaken is definitely pushing the ironwood catchphrase. Bit like roadhouse. But shitter.
    " - Freeline

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  15. Homercles

Homercles Moderator Staff Member

True trust, like real respect, has to be earned IMO.

I respect others that have the same view and am sometimes suspicious if someone is overly trusting very quickly.

..just because you're not paranoid it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.. lol