Does crime pay?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Doby, May 3, 2014.

1. Doby

Doby Elite Member

A guy I know, probably not enough to call a mate, but an acquaintance shall we say.

He 27, he sells certain "supplements" on a big scale, has 3 legit businesses to help "money flow",

He's a clever guy and works (albeit illegally) long hours.

He's constantly jetting off to Marbella, Vegas etc used to drive a range rover sport and now has a lambo aventador....this does piss me off somewhat but on the other hand admire him for having the balls to do it, do u know anyone like this? Is it just a matter of time before he's in deep water?

however I also know someone who done time and lost everything and now works in a supermarket so I guess that's the opposite side. What's % of criminals do u think succeed vs getting busted?

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014
  2. AlriteGeezer

AlriteGeezer Elite Member

Well if hes selling as much as you think and driving a lambo... i would say his card is marked and hes probably being watched. Police are pretty switched on when it comes to the 'big boys' just biding their time building up a case..

3. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

I know a few and normally its the imbeciles that get busted, or ones that get grassed on.

4. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

I know much more people on the right side of the law than from the wrong side, and from what I understand, the vast majority of their knowledge comes from touts.

Somebody driving a lambo is asking for trouble imo.

Some jealous fiend will grass him up sooner or later

5. Doby

Doby Elite Member

Yep that's what I figured, drawing attention to himself massively. Nice car tho lol

6. Rentaghost

Rentaghost Moderator Staff Member

Depends how well he launders his money.

7. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

As per rents there's two family I can think of locally that are basically in touchable they have more police on payouts than the police force employ

8. Incognito

Incognito Resident wookie

Yes. If you have the bollocks for it on a decent scale. Also need the right people around you and a humble attitude IMO as jails full of flash fucks.

Also it's a take your chances thing. Nothing lasts forever and no one is truely untouchable.

9. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Exactly anyone who makes out they are a big time gangster isn't. Pure and simple. I know one was was massive at one time. still dabbles in some thing but not to the same extent and is very humble as said above. Run a local pub for a while and would sit down and chat with me when having dinner as I was a friend of his nephews, and he was just like a normal guy of the street. but was far from it!

10. Kratos

Kratos Elite Member

I have a millionaire friend. Grew up with him and he's a likeable lad but went down a dodgier route than me. He's now a millionaire in jail and they're trying to use proceeds of crime to take his assets. His house was raided by the matrix guns cash etc. then charging at the police with a samurai sword. I wouldn't swap a million quid for a 15 year jail term even if I do only do half. Looks like they'll no doubt take some of his properties/possessions/coin anyway

11. Doby

Doby Elite Member

He does launder his money well through certain business that's are pretty outside the box but hard to quantify the cash flow. I won't name them I case any sneaky PC plods are about and one business would certainly narrow down the suspects.

One annoying thing is the "supps" he sells are shit!

12. Yudansha

Yudansha Senior Member

I know an entire family who sell mozam and tablets, that I know of probably more. The dad was into all sorts but had his own business so could funnell all the dodgy stuff through that. He died but the family carried on. One of them is semi respectable but the others all deal. They cover none of it and see time as something they have to do. The lifestyle they live is ridiculous and unexplainable with their current means. I would say that they get away with it but obviously they don't but they haven't had their earnings or whatever taken off them.

13. Doby

Doby Elite Member

Does kinda make you question why you go and graft just to cover your rent and some fucker is out there living it up off dodgy earnings

14. Kratos

Kratos Elite Member

@Doby yes and no. I like the security that my door isn't going to be kicked in and house raided whilst kids stare on in horror. Also couldn't bare to do time and come out and find my kids have got anew daddy...

New Hybrid and Doby like this.
  15. Beans

Beans Searching for my Ab's...

Well crime did pay for a long time for one person close to me.  But as has been said nothing good lasts forever.  Frank Lucas has a biography called Original Gangster.  Great read.  The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room. Never a truer word spoken.

Doby likes this.