E Cig’s

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ronnie_Malenko, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

Are these as un harmful as people make out? I think i seen nhs might offer them on presription?

Loads of people i know smoke them now.. who didnt previously even smoke

is it less harmful than smoking but obviously still doing some harm?

2. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

Spoke to my cardiologist about these...

If you are vaping nicotine its a stimulate that over time will negatively affect your cardiovascular system.

There's no long term studies to prove either way good or bad tbh buddy.

Guess we will see in 20 years etc

Dirty Harry and Ronnie_Malenko like this.
  3. Ronnie_Malenko

Yer i do find it hard to beilve there complety harmless like

nothing is… ha ha

4. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

Like Mick said - we are not running clinical trials and don't have much to go on evidence wise in terms of long term effects.

Based on the studies I've read and research I've done, it seems that most of the explicitly negative consequences so far are due to aberrations:
    e.g. People vaping liquids not approved by the MHRA or using coils not correctly regulated resulting in ingestion of heavy metals etc.

If you use a regulated vape/regulated liquid, then while it's definitely not harmless, it is 90% less harmful than smoking.
    Based on what we know so far, it's probably less carcinogenic in nature than many of the bodybuilding supplements and drugs we use, and foods we potentially eat.

But Like anything - your individual physiology and circumstances are the starting point.
    • If you're prone to cardiac, kidney or blood pressure issues, have a family history, then it's probably not a good addition.
    • If you're someone with all the above, but have problems with obesity, it might be a much lesser evil - provided it's used properly as an anorectic and aids in weight control.
    • If you have a history of Alzheimer's, then it might be a very positive addition.

Nicotine by itself is a bit like coffee - a stimulant and not particularly toxic unless you overdo it or have existing conditions.

If you want to include nicotine as a stimulant for cognitive benefits, fat burning and appetite suppression, then the protocol is
    1mg nicotine (oral delivery such as lozenge) + 100mg caffeine every 4 hours
    Click here for Study

It's very difficult to become addicted to nicotine lozenges, - the delivery is slow.
    It's easier to become addicted to Vaping - hits the brain fast.
    But speaking from personal experience, stopping vaping is mildly uncomfortable - whereas stopping smoking is excruciating.

Personally, I have been thinking seriously about quitting Vaping recently, because there are anecdotal reports of renal scarring.
    I'm undecided but actively researching.

Main issue for me is that I find it an incredibly useful tool for learning, concentration & memory - my job requires a high level of mental focus.

5. Ronnie_Malenko

Thats made me want to vape

Arterial Dan likes this.
  6. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

Pretty much tagging on to what Dan said, saw an interview with Dr Hilary Jones (yes on morning TV fame) a while back, he basically said that if you can’t give up fags, then vape, it may not be perfect (lack of long term studies etc) but it’s at least 90% safer than cigarettes as it’s not just about the nicotine effect, it’s the other poisonous shit in cigarettes as well which are a huge problem.

7. Scott32

Scott32 Elite Member

Just from how it makes my lungs feel it's definitely healthier than smoking fags with all the other crap in them. Thing is I end up smoking the vape more 10mg nic salt vape is in my hand constantly soon as I have a drink.

I still smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day but alot better than the 10-15 I previously did

Nicotine I don't see too disimler to caffine fine in normal doses it's just genetics and where that line you cross is.

8. The Love Machine

The Love Machine A steroid pumping, food raping machine

Interesting, not looking for sources but where's good to get the 1mg from? Lol

(not a smoker, but interested in the appetite suppression and focus)

9. spearman

spearman Elite Member

Just use the 1mg gum or lozenges. Get them in boots etc

Arterial Dan likes this.
  10. Ronnie_Malenko

Ye am thinking the same haha

11. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

Ronnie_Malenko likes this.
  12. Grimnir

Grimnir The black triangle is God

I use the nicorette quick mist 1mg, Berry flavour. I prefer it over lozenges or gum.