Finding Friendship Online

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Irish Beast, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Hope some of you can take this seriously as its a serious thread. Split from the gf recently and have really struggled to make friends in Londond. Just not interested and everywhere I go I make friends so its very hard.

Are there any sites or appsn use to meet people just for company? Happy to spend time with girls or blokes now and and again just to keep me sane its its a struggle when you have nobosy you could call up for a beer, to go to cinema or even for a walk. Really doing me serious harm at the minute.

Given up meeting people through normal means. Used to have reasonable success on internet dating sites but Im not after a relationship. Just someone to knock around with!

Ideas?

2. Pip

Pip Elite Member

Interested in this in general.
    Apparently people in the north are far more friendly than the south.

3. tomlet1

tomlet1 Elite Member

Yeah in my job im up and down from glasgow down to brighton, and i can say IMO the further south you go from a sales perspective they are alot less easy to work with! Pretty much from the midlands up they will have a laugh/joke, down south... not so much.

Not in all cases though of course.

4. Roy@/_

Roy@/_ Elite Member

Not advice on how to do it as such but I just married the girl I met via forums in a roundabout way 3 years ago.

So it can happen.

5. tomlet1

tomlet1 Elite Member

Congrats mate

Roy@/_ likes this.
  6. Roy@/_

Roy@/_ Elite Member

Cheers dude

7. Roy@/_

Roy@/_ Elite Member

Re: op....I'm a 50min train ride if you ever want to train legs on a Saturday or arms on a Sunday.

8. s man

s man Elite Member

I spent 15 years being in a position where I couldn't really be over friendly with the people around me as at any moment I could have to reduce there pay, dismiss them, retender work etc. Never felt lonely though as I worked 7 days a week up to 20 odd hours on some days.
    Now I've retired and I'm back in London with the family I'm finding it pretty much impossible to create any sort of friendships as everyone I previously new has moved on or has there own routines and lives that are alien to me. Other than a few chats in the gym, the odd meeting with my best mate from years back and the wife and kids I have zero social life. Pretty depressing and lonely to be honest.
    Looked at a few sites and apps but I tend to attract female friends more and know where that always leads. Tbh I can't stand most male bs bravado so it's not looking to get any better either

9. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

Congrats! Bb forum? If not what was it? Intresting stuff that chicken royale

10. Ronnie_Malenko

Ive always made mates where ever ive gone sometimes when i dont want to.. Must just have one of dem faces.. The amount of people in gyms who talk to be and wanna be me mate is mad..

So what about gym?

11. andyboro

andyboro Fat

have you got the spare time for a night class or something? That'd be far more preferable an option to me and is likely to be full of people in a similar situation.

12. Roy@/_

Roy@/_ Elite Member

So about 3 years ago I was a) on a small forum called finger pistol and b) getting out of the forces.

There was a finger pistol meet planned were the plan was to camp in a big field and get pissed. I ended up going, everyone got on great and I met a guy who would turn out to be my best mate and in fact best man.

A few weeks later we all went paintballing and said guy brought along a girl he used to date and had remained friends with.

She is now my wife lol.

13. Ronnie_Malenko

That relli is a "cool story bro"
    Great stuff haha

14. Pip

Pip Elite Member

You have my number mate...I am in a better position to talk now.

15. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Wouldn't say no to a beer one weekend. really struggling with this place