Full Credit To Simon For Keeping This Place Open.

I dunno rent... lots of new studies and stuff coming about nowadays regarding training, hypertrophy etc The last few years has really seen an increase in interest to the science behind it all and exploring the different methodologies and theories, pathways etc Far more so than the hay days of forum activity, but I do guess you still need your life to revolve around training for that to be of much interest of bother, we can certainly still do fine off the knowledge we had etc but nothing left to learn? no way IMO

Is anyone any bigger or leaner for it though?

At our level not at oxygen gym.

Still pop on and read now and then but don’t post much as it’s all been done to death hasn’t it. There’s nothing really left to learn on training and gear past a point is there, you’re just repeating yourself and having the same discussions.

Do miss the old tales but we’re all prob a bit too long in the tooth for that nonsense nowadays.

Mostly anyway......

Hope you’re all well boys.

Anyone know how Pip is doing? IB, you heard from him?

Yes doing well. Turned the big 40 last week. Is on holiday at the moment. Still training but has lost interest in forums due to other life pursuits

Would like to hear as well without being nosey. Purely as I have abused DNP in the past along with reccoies, booze and jst about everything else and am still standing, somehow

So was near the end of Feb. Friday night started on mkat abd booze until Saturday night. Dropped a few escstacy to see us through to Sunday AM then drank all day Sunday.

Had a power nap woke up early doors Monday and starting Injecting cocaine and drinking more. Next thing I know it’s Tuesday night me and the Mrs are sitting in my bad having a laugh and a drink and listening to music.

She said I just sat up walked over to my supp cabinet and emptied the whole bottle in my mouth then sat down as if nothing happened.

She knew what dnp was so called me an ambulance. I just chilled and had a drink till they arrived. I blacked out very quick due to onset of beat at that dose woke up just for a moments here and there nurses were covering me in cold wet towels and my gf and even ex gfs ca e in to help pat me down.

Folks were called from way up north to come in ASAP as they were just waiting for my body to fail.

The internal pain was indescribable. I felt like I could feel my body slipping away on a few occasions but managed to snap out of. Very hard to explain. And bizarre

So was near the end of Feb. Friday night started on mkat abd booze until Saturday night. Dropped a few escstacy to see us through to Sunday AM then drank all day Sunday.

Had a power nap woke up early doors Monday and starting Injecting cocaine and drinking more. Next thing I know it’s Tuesday night me and the Mrs are sitting in my bad having a laugh and a drink and listening to music.

She said I just sat up walked over to my supp cabinet and emptied the whole bottle in my mouth then sat down as if nothing happened.

She knew what dnp was so called me an ambulance. I just chilled and had a drink till they arrived. I blacked out very quick due to onset of beat at that dose woke up just for a moments here and there nurses were covering me in cold wet towels and my gf and even ex gfs ca e in to help pat me down.

Folks were called from way up north to come in ASAP as they were just waiting for my body to fail.

The internal pain was indescribable. I felt like I could feel my body slipping away on a few occasions but managed to snap out of. Very hard to explain. And bizarre
Wow..
Glad u made it anyway u silly cunt x

Reactions: RAD
For those of you who dont know, @holly had twins about a year ago and dont know if she hits the iron any more. I have the very odd natter with her on facepuke so might see if shes ever likely to return. Sadly UGM has always been male dominated but the difficulty was getting a few to join then others to follow. If I a girl browses and sees nothing but a pork sword fight then it might be off putting. Holly was a bit of a tomboy by her own admission so fitted in really well!

Great to hear she's doing well,always had a lot of time for holly would be great to see her back here

I think when it all lost it’s mystique the enjoyment of a forum died a bit for me.

I do love it still tbh - pumping the oil in and getting hench but the romance died a few years ago and I’m not interested enough anymore to learn new concepts.

Do enjoy trying new exercises though and being open minded in that respect often yields a new trick or too.

Think that is true for a lot of people. You can teach and old dog new tricks but not if the old dog isnt interested. I'm in the same boat. Im almost finished Eddie Halls book now and is interesting reading about how he went from simply pumping iron for reps to specific strongman stuff too. At the time though he was about 10+ years my junior though. I'll probably just do whatever my body allows now when I get back.

Holly got in to her mountain biking didn't she since jacking in the iron. Our paths still occasionally cross on FB or IG, she seems well

Holly got in to her mountain biking didn't she since jacking in the iron. Our paths still occasionally cross on FB or IG, she seems well

Why did she jack it in? She was a strong fcuker and doing awesome in the lifting comps

Tell her to get back here especially now I might be able to out lift her.......that's a big might though lol

Still pop on and read now and then but don’t post much as it’s all been done to death hasn’t it. There’s nothing really left to learn on training and gear past a point is there, you’re just repeating yourself and having the same discussions.

Do miss the old tales but we’re all prob a bit too long in the tooth for that nonsense nowadays.

Mostly anyway......

Hope you’re all well boys.

Anyone know how Pip is doing? IB, you heard from him?

Rents we are all older now so the new topics like can you pick something off the floor without farting?
If you sneeze do you piss yourself ? Haven't been covered yet.

We are moving into a new era LOL

I dunno rent... lots of new studies and stuff coming about nowadays regarding training, hypertrophy etc The last few years has really seen an increase in interest to the science behind it all and exploring the different methodologies and theories, pathways etc Far more so than the hay days of forum activity, but I do guess you still need your life to revolve around training for that to be of much interest of bother, we can certainly still do fine off the knowledge we had etc but nothing left to learn? no way IMO

I don’t think there’s anything revolutionary in there mate. The studies over the last decade haven’t told me anything I didn’t already know from training consistently over the same period mate tbh.

The main ones being

Volume and frequency is important and as long as it’s balanced you illicit the same response, no surprise there...

And we now know that Macros don’t really matter to body comp when protein is balanced, I think we’d all realised that long ago.

They’re only backing up what we already know aren’t they, it’s nice to have it verified though as you can get caught up in the shitstorm of misinformation in the fitness industry, if you move away from the dogma and over complication that most people revel in then the studies aren’t saying anything new are they?

What do we need to do really?

Nail technique, so you hit the target muscles and don’t jus end up a big set of traps and mediocre biceps with fuck all else developed like most lads.

Progress the weight moved so you grow, sets/reps. Progressive overload.

Stay injury free, so you can train to illicit the response. All technique here.

Eat enough, so you can recover

Use a small amount of gear, so
You don’t die young.

Nobody really needs to do anything other than those imo, there’s nothing else to really know or concern yourself with after that.

It’s just most people neglect the first part and that fucks up the rest for them.

After that Diet is the next biggest downfall for most of us.

Diet and technique, the only parts that require discipline and no cunt wants to bother with either do they..... Surprise, surprise.

They’d rather blast gear and go round in circles for years until they’re too injured or too old to do it anymore.

Back