Getting Some Old Members Back

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Irish Beast, Oct 16, 2019.

1. New Hybrid

New Hybrid all time third top poster brahs!

I've emailed him but not sure if it's still am address he uses.

2. Grimnir

Grimnir The black triangle is God

I still have him on my psn friends list, he hasn’t been on his PS4 in over a month but I’ll fire him a msg and tell him to get back in here.

New Hybrid and RAD like this.
  3. tio

tio Something big is coming......

Only girls in this house is the wife and the four legged adoptee :)

Got two boys, married happily, dog and the house. Don’t train anymore and haven’t done for going on six years now due to chronic pain caused by psoriatic arthritis and torn minuscus which is in need of repair but can’t get it done yet. I do miss it but I’ve found my happy place for the foreseeable future.

As for where I’ve been, just grew up really. Bit late, but realised what made me happy.

I help the needy for my chosen careen path. Been through a lot personally and in a position to help others for the foreseeable future.

Keep in touch with only a select few for now but whenever TAC is down I’ll always have For a Diet Coke with him if he ever wants to say hello.

also I really don’t know if that PS4 comment is relating to me but I haven’t touched a console in about 8 years.
    @New Hybrid a big congrats on the birth of your little one, didn’t hear from you after we touched base last so good to hear all went well.

@The Love Machine good to see you still around bud. How’s life?

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  4. Grimnir

Grimnir The black triangle is God

5. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

What is it you do eddie now for work?

Congrats on being a dad and for finding your vacation in life

tio likes this.
  6. tio

I’ll try and keep it brief.

I run two companies. One does wholesale goods and is responsible for feeding investment capital to the second company.

Second company provides affordable housing to those in need. Homeless, battered women, hidden homeless etc. This far I’ve managed to take three people off of the street with the local authority lending a hand where they’ve turned their lives around. Got jobs and are looking after the places they’ve rented from me with the most care and attention I’ve ever seen.

latest one was reuniting a family that were split apart due to a rogue landlord kicking them out. Mum, young baby and her fiancée were sofa surfing and haven’t seen each other for three months due to how far apart they were.

I also do weekly stints with the local homeless action group that provides food, clothes and mobile phones to those on the street (the most basic mobile that has Zero resale value of its nicked so can’t be sold for drugs). (That was until lockdown obviously).

they also provide supplies like nappies, food, clothes , prams etc to those escaping violent relationships.

Cheers for the well wishes. Littlest one celebrates his first birthday soon. Bit overwhelmed by how lucky I am as I nearly lost my wife during his entrance to the world and nearly lost him last Christmas When he was in NICU.

7. Big ian

Big ian Elite Member

Well done mate, good job there’s people out there like you!

tio likes this.
  8. tio

Thanks Ian. I’m under no illusion how lucky I am to be in this position.

Big ian likes this.
  9. mick_the_brick

Good stuff eddie keep up the great work

Pip and tio like this.
  10. tio

Cheers Mick. Hope you, the not so little ones and the mrs are all doing well.

mick_the_brick likes this.
  11. mick_the_brick

All great thanks buddy, indeed one is 21 about to move out and my boy 11.

Time flies...

tio likes this.
  12. New Hybrid

New Hybrid all time third top poster brahs!

Brilliant stuff Ed. Sounds like you're doing great work. Sorry about not keeping in touch. Things got pretty wild after the boy was borne as we had no babysitters for him where we lived. Now we do since moving but cant due to virus lol.

tio likes this.
  13. The Love Machine

The Love Machine A steroid pumping, food raping machine

Well thanks Ed, similar to you - got married, had a kid, bought a house

Still training (albeit on my garden patio lol)

Gotta be in reasonable shape for when she starts school in sept. Hearing some horror stories of playground mums and dads and all the drama.

Won't be having any of that, I'll set the scene early

Big ian, tio and mick_the_brick like this.
  14. tio

Couldn’t care less personally. Don’t have time for the vapid people and their leased cars who look down on everyone who isn’t living it large.

There’s always going to be cliques of parents, best focus on who you want to surround yourself with. Unfortunately there’s far more vapid, irritating people who would rather discuss love island and what they read in OK magazine etc then being a good example to their kids and being a decent human being.

How’s your master of psychological warfare doing as well as the mrs?

Dirty Harry likes this.
  15. tio

No need to apologise, you've lived your life and sounds like you’re enjoying being a dad.
    Our childcare options are limited as all my my in-laws are key workers, so that’s fun trying to plan for date night.

New Hybrid and mick_the_brick like this.